New Mock From CBS

Favorite_Toon

Top 5 level QBs do NOT have growing pains. Especially not in week 12. They were 4-4 after the bye, including Eli's interception-fest v. the Vikes and spitting the bit v. the 'skins in a game with important playoff implications. Ward is their best back and is a FA. They won the big one and they appear to be in good shape, but they did not establish any trend that the rest of the league should follow. In the AFC they probably would not have made the playoffs.

Not only do I think they won't make it back, I'm pretty certain they won't win their division. I'll put all my Jared Lorenzen MVP money on that.

Hint-- their future is rosier than Ours

Did not ELI win a SB b4 his brother just sayin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF are you talking about? Which brother Cooper? I'll probably win a SB before him too.

Having a rosier future than the Jets does not a warrant a call to abandon all common sense and drafting DLine in the first 3 rounds for a few years straight. Nobody disputes the value of strong lines, but the Giants getting hot at the right time does not mean we should start copying them.

WTF are you talking about? Which brother Cooper? I'll probably win a SB before him too.

Having a rosier future than the Jets does not a warrant a call to abandon all common sense and drafting DLine in the first 3 rounds for a few years straight. Nobody disputes the value of strong lines, but the Giants getting hot at the right time does not mean we should start copying them.

How many years did it take Peyton?

How many years for Eli?

Helloooooooooooo

So now a 10-6 team is giving everyone the blueprint for success? If the Giants way was so great they wouldn't be at least five teams with better odds to win the next Super Bowl. The Giants had a great run and played a tremendous game, but falling love with the way they do things? It's more likely they finish last than first next year.

i can't believe that you are nitpicking the giants, they won the freaking super bowl. not only that, but they were the only team to beat the patriots all season. 10-6 really doesn't matter once you win the super bowl - would you rather be 18-0 and lose the big game?

I forget, how many pro bowlers do we have on the O-line? We have only 1 potential Pro Bowl player at Center and that's it. Can't have a good running game w/o a decent O-line.

but if jake long is gone there is no OL to take at #6,,,unless u r saying to trade down..

Even though I know we need alot of help on both Lines ,But Passing on DMC might be a Big mistake,The Kid single handedly shreded the LSU defense without a Qb and LSU knew they were going to run the ball and they still could not stop this guy.Draft DMC a (Game Breaker) and fix the Lines in the later rounds and throgh FA jmo.

He is incredibly talented, if got him and we put a good O-line in front of him I think we could have a top running game for many years. I cannot see him slipping to #6 though under any circumstances though.

He is incredibly talented, if got him and we put a good O-line in front of him I think we could have a top running game for many years. I cannot see him slipping to #6 though under any circumstances though.

Hey can slip to 6.. Adrian peterson slipped to 7 last year... it can happen bro.. trust me.. and whos to say the jets arent inlove with mcfadden and move up a spot or two to get him.. They can do that and we know tanny is not afraid to move up... look at last year..

He gave up alot of picks top move up and everyone was bitching... but he took two elite players..quality over quantity

i can't believe that you are nitpicking the giants, they won the freaking super bowl. not only that, but they were the only team to beat the patriots all season. 10-6 really doesn't matter once you win the super bowl - would you rather be 18-0 and lose the big game?

I am not nitpicking the Giants to minimize their accomplishment. I would be ecstatic to have that kind of season and obviously they were the most successful franchise in the '07-'08 season. OTOH, I don't think that they have proven that they are team that anybody should emulate. In fact, if that's what everybody thinks, they should stop bitching about Mangini because if anything he's too much of a hardassed nitpicky prick like Coughlin. Assmop just told me Eli won a SB before Peyton (apparently he claims to have meant age or years in the league or something) and that we should draft DL in the first three rounds because the Giants have "showed the way". I know it's called the silly season, but come on.

I would be shocked if this regime drafted McFadden:

1) They traded a second round pick for Thomas Jones and gave him a big contract at $5 mil a year. They obviously think very highly of TJ even though he sucked last year.

2) Leon Washington has turned out to be a pretty good back. He may not be a full-time back but he can def get at least 50-60% of the carries.

3) Our Offensive Line stinks. Brick is not a good run-blocker, even when Pete Kendall was here he wasn't opening holes for anyone. Brick is undersized and a finesse player. Clarke and Clement are both awful and Moore is average at best. McFadden will get killed behind this line in its current state.

4) There are way too many holes on defense for Tangini too neglect it in the first round.

5) Drafting McFadden simply isn't the current regime's style. Tangini doesn't like flashy players. I don't know if that's a good thing.

I am not nitpicking the Giants to minimize their accomplishment. I would be ecstatic to have that kind of season and obviously they were the most successful franchise in the '07-'08 season. OTOH, I don't think that they have proven that they are team that anybody should emulate. In fact, if that's what everybody thinks, they should stop bitching about Mangini because if anything he's too much of a hardassed nitpicky prick like Coughlin. Assmop just told me Eli won a SB before Peyton (apparently he claims to have meant age or years in the league or something) and that we should draft DL in the first three rounds because the Giants have "showed the way". I know it's called the silly season, but come on.

Listen skippy, if jets are going to compete with Brady for next 5 years, it must

have a kick arse DL, otherwise they are fighting for 2nd place

the Gints have given everyone a blueprint and it doesn't take a rocket

scientist to figure it out. Smashmouth football and attack Cindy with relentless pressure from Dlineman. BTW all our DL blow donkey d1ck!!

F the 3-4 and go back to 4-3

If that is not clear i feel sorry for ya.

You are right i had no clue Colts won SB last year, sorry my words were

confusing to ya.

We better be going defense...McFadden? Yeah, that would have beat the Pats in the SB. Giants showed the way...DEFENSE!

I agree. We do need to build up our D.

But on the other side, I do think we need to think about a franchise RB again. We got spoiled with Curtis.

Thomas Jones is not the answer. McFadden and Washington would be phenomenal, but we are stuck with Jones right now and he will be solid if we improve our O-Line.

I would be shocked if this regime drafted McFadden:

1) They traded a second round pick for Thomas Jones and gave him a big contract at $5 mil a year. They obviously think very highly of TJ even though he sucked last year.

2) Leon Washington has turned out to be a pretty good back. He may not be a full-time back but he can def get at least 50-60% of the carries.

3) Our Offensive Line stinks. Brick is not a good run-blocker, even when Pete Kendall was here he wasn't opening holes for anyone. Brick is undersized and a finesse player. Clarke and Clement are both awful and Moore is average at best. McFadden will get killed behind this line in its current state.

4) There are way too many holes on defense for Tangini too neglect it in the first round.

5) Drafting McFadden simply isn't the current regime's style. Tangini doesn't like flashy players. I don't know if that's a good thing.

Last year all we did was draft defense...time to address the offense either through free agency or the draft..

Last year all we did was draft defense...time to address the offense either through free agency or the draft..

All we got was two players. Granted they're both good but all we got was 2 good players in a draft that, as the Giants showed, was deep in talent.

I agree we have holes everywhere on both sides of the ball but with T-Suggs, Jared Allen and Haynesworth all probably getting franchised we gotta get some defensive help in the draft.

All we got was two players. Granted they're both good but all we got was 2 good players in a draft that, as the Giants showed, was deep in talent.

I agree we have holes everywhere on both sides of the ball but with T-Suggs, Jared Allen and Haynesworth all probably getting franchised we gotta get some defensive help in the draft.

I agree... We need a dominate pass rusher and one big fast bastard to plug the middle..teams run all over us.... but I also think weed some sort of idenity... I would liek to see shockey on the jets for that purpose alone.. not to mention he can catch and spread the field

I agree... We need a dominate pass rusher and one big fast bastard to plug the middle..teams run all over us.... but I also think weed some sort of idenity... I would liek to see shockey on the jets for that purpose alone.. not to mention he can catch and spread the field

We have Baker for this...and he's way less of a distraction for this team.

We have Baker for this...and he's way less of a distraction for this team.

BAKER??? Thats the biggest problem with this team.. the fans are happy with chris baker? omg.. ya got to be kidding me...

Bro..We some fire... shockey fires people up..gets the fans involved...

I agree. We do need to build up our D.

But on the other side, I do think we need to think about a franchise RB again. We got spoiled with Curtis.

Thomas Jones is not the answer. McFadden and Washington would be phenomenal, but we are stuck with Jones right now and he will be solid if we improve our O-Line.

Why do we need a "franchise RB"? Did you ever ask yourself? Most of them only do what the OL allows them to do anyway. I even saw the immortal Adrian Peterson get 3 yards on 14 carries against the friggin' 49ers. With THAT offensive line he has. No one is doing SH*T without a line. So what is this infatuation with a "name" when few SB winners have a name RB. They may create someone like that, but I think the only time since 2002 someone acquired a RB that they rode to the SB was the Pats in 2004. And it seems to me NE would've been good with or without Dillon, having Brady & the league's #2 defense, and cheating.

Who else are you trying to emulate?

Giants? They were sh*t until their "franchise RB" retired.

Colts? Oh yeah, like anyone thinks they won that SB because of Addai.

Steelers? Bettis was way old & no one who didn't read a FF magazine heard of Willie Parker in the summer of '05.

Pats? They won 2 SB's without Dillon.

Bucs? Was Michael Pittman a "franchise RB"? Right.

Leaning on one RB like a silly crutch all year it seems is a one-way ticket to NOT getting to a superbowl. Too many of them suck in the post-season (Martin included) after getting all those carries all year.

RB at #6, which would tie up some $14M/yr at the RB position, would be one of the most foolish things this team could do.

Enough with the romanticizing of these players who wouldn't do jack squat in this league without a top OL.

Why do we need a "franchise RB"? Did you ever ask yourself? Most of them only do what the OL allows them to do anyway. I even saw the immortal Adrian Peterson get 3 yards on 14 carries against the friggin' 49ers. With THAT offensive line he has. No one is doing SH*T without a line. So what is this infatuation with a "name" when few SB winners have a name RB. They may create someone like that, but I think the only time since 2002 someone acquired a RB that they rode to the SB was the Pats in 2004. And it seems to me NE would've been good with or without Dillon, having Brady & the league's #2 defense, and cheating.

Steelers? Bettis was way old & no one who didn't read a FF magazine heard of Willie Parker in the summer of '05.

Leaning on one RB like a silly crutch all year it seems is a one-way ticket to NOT getting to a superbowl. Too many of them suck in the post-season (Martin included) after getting all those carries all year.

RB at #6, which would tie up some $14M/yr at the RB position, would be one of the most foolish things this team could do.

Enough with the romanticizing of these players who wouldn't do jack squat in this league without a top OL.

Great post.

IMO "franchise" RB's are overrated. Being a consistent winner comes down to both sides of the line and QB. That's it.

Great post.

IMO "franchise" RB's are overrated. Being a consistent winner comes down to both sides of the line and QB. That's it.

I'm sure DMC would look much better than Thomas Jones as he runs into a lineman & linebackers at the line of scrimmage. No doubt he'd peel off the occasional 50-yarder that Jones is physically incapable of, but on 95% of the carries he'd look eerily similar in terms of production.

What happened between the 2002-2003 Clinton Portis and the one we've seen play for the Redskins ever since then? Nothing, other than he wasn't playing behind Denver's sick-ass OL anymore.

As much of a phenom talent as Peterson is, did it truly go unnoticed by everyone that his teammate - the great Chester Taylor - averaged roughly the same 5 & a half yards per carry? At San Fran, Taylor looked like a manchild & Peterson looked like a scrub. Is Taylor better? Don't be ridiculous. The holes that were there for Taylor weren't there for Peterson.

That's not to say that you can throw anyone back there. They have to have a certain minimal amount of "pro-level" talent. Other than that, you're going to find more of a difference between the situation a RB's in rather than their talent level; even if one is more talented, it's rarely going to show unless you have a good enough OL that can allow him to showcase those talents.

Build an OL. Then as long as you have pro-level talent, you'll be able to run the ball well enough to win a superbowl. Having Tomlinson or Peterson or a similar talent - while it surely wouldn't hurt - is hardly a prerequisite. And it certainly isn't worth the team eating up 10% of its salary cap on the position. The Jets tried that route already.

I forget, how many pro bowlers do we have on the O-line? We have only 1 potential Pro Bowl player at Center and that's it. Can't have a good running game w/o a decent O-line.

ok first of all your crazy if you think we need to go o-line first round because it hasn't worked in the past. where has dabrick done us any good in the two years that hes been here? only mangold has done well for us. idk maybe we should go o-line first maybe not.

I think the Jets learned in 04 that you don't need to draft OLmen at the very top of the draft to get good players. The guy we drafted 30 was better than the guy we drafted 4 and there were many guys drafted later who were better too. I don't like the idea of using the top pick on a lineman...

We dont need a running back,,we need offensive line men

nylarry

You must be some kind of genius. Of course you'll have to endure years of "Darren McFadden would've scored a 70-yard TD there every time another Jets RB is tackled." It'll end up like a sad Chuck Norris joke.

If McFadden is there at 6, miraculously making the #6 desirable as for a trade, and we pick a 3rd RB instead of trading it away, I will be confident that Tangini has no idea what powers a consistent TEAM running game or what stops a consistent running game on defense.

Archived