This team is just a mess

4HCrew

Ok lets have some reality talk here

..the Jets qb situation is a controversy in waiting..if Chad is on the team he will be the starter

.. The Vilma situation is a waste of time as he is damaged goods and needs to prove he can play before he can be traded..he will be a jet in 08

..the offensive and defensive lines need substantial help but teams are doing their best to keep their quality players. So the jets have to either get creative/aggressive with a trade or pray they draft the right players.

..losing Westhoff is big because not only was he the special teams coach but he was the master of league rules, penalties etc He will be hard to replace especially with a front office still learning the ropes

..with the many teams keeping their players what are the Jets going to do with this cap space? overpay for average players like Kenyon Coleman? save the money for next year? And no I do not think Asante Samuel will make the Jets a contending team.

..the Coles situation is a joke..as many want to rip the player for his demands, I am not a believer in this front office with their bush league tactics. Want to act big time, try getting their first. One playoff appearance means nothing in this league.

..with the Kendall and now Coles situation word has to be spreading around the league to other free agents. Not saying it needs to be club med but keep screwing around with player's money with broken promises, the only players you will get will Artrell Hawkins

So as much I want to think the Jets will improve this year, I will remain completely skeptical

the biggest question to me has to start a QB- is Clemens the answer? If no is the answer we are in worse shape than we thought.

I have to agree with you. I was not impressed with the kid last year, even though he had a swiss cheese Offensive Line. I realize he is young, and if he had time in the pocket, we might see him gain confidence and then better able to handle an occasional blitz.

That being said, if we shore up the OL, I am still not confident that KC is the future of the Jets. I hope I am wrong.

the biggest question to me has to start a QB- is Clemens the answer? If no is the answer we are in worse shape than we thought.

KC played behind what could be one of the worst lines in football and not a proper environment to start in. Having said that, the fact that he came in last in qb rating, made some horrible head scratching decisions and way too many bad throws even on the rare occasions when he did have time makes me believe that he could possibly be an adequate backup at best. Also he is a Mangini type of guy....Way too small at that position. IMO, kellen is no answer.

I dont think Clemens can be evaluated based on last year's performance. He threw some nice balls early in his tenure. He succeeded at the end of games. Things might have been different had McCairens or Cotch made some catches for him that might have won another game or two. If success breed success then failure breeds failure.

One more thing - Clemens didnt even have the benefit of a healthy Coles for most of his reign as Jet starter. Give him a chance.

We still don't know what we have in KC. He has potential but he still wasn't consistent at all.

i think we get him some competition and make him earn his starting job this year.

I agree. KC has a lot of potential, but that doesnt mean he should just be handed the starting job unconditionally next year. We need a backup who can a) compete with him in camp and B) come in and competantly start should he not perform to expectations.

and ifb is the case: I say keep Clemens on as a backup and draft a new qb in next years draft.

I agree. KC has a lot of potential, but that doesnt mean he should just be handed the starting job unconditionally next year. We need a backup who can a) compete with him in camp and B) come in and competantly start should he not perform to expectations.

and ifb is the case: I say keep Clemens on as a backup and draft a new qb in next years draft.

Tim Tebow?

Depends where we draft.

If we are back in the top 5 (ugh), I'm thinking Curtis Painter of Perdue, seems like a good, pure passing QB. I'm not a big fan of those run then pass guys in the NFL, they seem to have a hard time transitioning.

if tebow goes to the jets that will be my last day as a jets fan. he is so injury prone and running qb's dont work in the NFL. see Alex Smith

KC played behind what could be one of the worst lines in football and not a proper environment to start in. Having said that, the fact that he came in last in qb rating, made some horrible head scratching decisions and way too many bad throws even on the rare occasions when he did have time makes me believe that he could possibly be an adequate backup at best. Also he is a Mangini type of guy....Way too small at that position. IMO, kellen is no answer.

POTW nominee.

Archived