Giants may send trade offer to Atlanta for Hall - Per PFT & Rotoworld

Rotoworld

The Giants are reportedly prepared to send the No. 31 overall pick in the 2008draft to the Falcons in exchange for Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall.

The Giants were reportedly hoping to woo Nnamdi Asomugha or Marcus Trufant, but both were franchised. GM Jerry Reese views Asante Samuel as a product of the Patriots' system.

The rebuilding Falcons could probably ask the Giants to add a later-round pick to the deal and get it. Despite the Super Bowl win, Reese smartly recognizes the Giants' CB situation as a need area.

Interesting.

PFT:

DEANGELO TO DA GIANTS?

With cornerback DeAngelo Hall desperate to get out of Atlanta, the New York Giants might be the team to make it happen.

According to the Newark Star-Ledger, the Giants are exploring the possibility of sending the 31st overall pick in the 2008 draft to Atlanta for Hall.

The willingness of the Falcons to trade Hall could be a sign that they'll target Patriots cornerback Asante Samuel when free agency opens next week. New Atlanta G.M. Tom Dimitroff was the director of college scouting in New England before taking a job with the Falcons.

From the Giants' perspective, the interest in Hall smacks of hubris. One of the problems with the team has been an overabundance of loudmouths in the locker room. Many believe that the retirement of Tiki Barber and the disappearance of Jeremy Shockey following a broken leg were key components in getting the rest of the guys on the same page.

Here's a thought -- why don't the Giants just pursue Asante Samuel? Signing him won't cost much more than it would to extend Hall, and the Giants would still have their first-round pick.

Besides, giving Samuel a big-money deal would be fitting, given that it was his dropped interception that opened the door for the Shawshank Reception.

Hall is decent IMO, but still very overated.

It would be a good pickup though for the Giants. They need help there.

I totaly agree. He has a punk attuide that fights with his own coaches *even though his coach quited on him* but he never made his coach job easy to stay there anyways.

He is not a shutdown CB i think Revis is more lock down with top WR's than Hall but Hall will be the best CB the Giants have if he goes there

Good trade for both teams. Hall upgrades the Giants secondary while he was on the way out in Atl anyway so they at least got a 1st round pick for him.

The Giants just won a Super Bowl and they are still trying to get better. The Jets just went 4-12 and Tangini is looking to dump Chad and Coles and stick with a lame 3-4 defense.

There is no comparison between the two franchises. This is almost as bad as comparing the Yankees and Mets.

Why can't we do something like this ?

Revis and Hall will be SICK!

Revis is better than Hall, Hall is overated that needs help from his LB's and speed rush to take advange of WR's. Revis shut down Randy and TO even though he gave up a TD to TO which is overated coming with 7 mins after a blow out.

Hall is not in Revis league and i dont want Hall on this team after what i seen from him last year

Revis is better than Hall, Hall is overated that needs help from his LB's and speed rush to take advange of WR's. Revis shut down Randy and TO even though he gave up a TD to TO which is overated coming with 7 mins after a blow out.

Hall is not in Revis league and i dont want Hall on this team after what i seen from him last year

The Giants are getting one of the best CB's in the league for a late 1st round pick. There giving up practically nothing.

The Giants are getting one of the best CB's in the league for a late 1st round pick. There giving up practically nothing.

Hall is not one of the best in the league.

He may be the most overated player in the league. He he's got great talent and makes a lot of plays but he gives up so many big plays it's unbeliveable. Anyone who's watched him consistently over the last two years will tell you this.

what good corner does not get burnt? they are usually aggressive and take chances due to their confidence in skills.

DeAngelo Hall self proclaims himself the best corner in football but truthfully 4H, he's one of the most burng corner's in football when it comes to facing the better receivers in the game. He's really not that good. He's a solid starter, but he's far from great.

All of the big time corners are like that...have you seen Clements get torched often yes Bailey yes.. hell look at the guys in GB both were torched. It happens. Yes he is mouthy but he idolizes Deion so it is not surprising. I would take him any day.

All of the big time corners are like that...have you seen Clements get torched often yes Bailey yes.. hell look at the guys in GB both were torched. It happens. Yes he is mouthy but he idolizes Deion so it is not surprising. I would take him any day.

I wouldn't touch DeAngelo Hall with a 10ft. pole.

Are you seriously comparing him to Champ Bailey? Champ Bailey doesn't get burnt anywhere near the amount Hall does. Nate Clements in San Francisco really can't help that because of no pass rush being applied down there. Then again, I didn't see much of SF in 2007.

The guys in Green Bay were torched? Yeah, Al Harris got beat by Plaxico Burress in the NFC Championship Game, but you know what? That won't happen everytime Harris goes up against a good / great receiver. When it comes to DeAngelo Hall, thats all that happens when he faces a good / great receiver. He's burnt toast.

Again, I wouldn't touch him with a 10ft. pole.

Oh and if the Giants believe DeAngelo will help them contain T.O., he won't. T.O. absolutely OWNS DeAngelo Hall, spit and all. ;)

Hall isn't a ballhawk either. Rarely has he come down with intereceptions and the Falcons' pass defense is putrid. You'd think it would be somewhat decent with the self proclaimed "best Cornerback in the league" mantra.

Just some awesome 2006 #'s from DeAngleo (courtesy of Sal Paolantonio)

-Finished the season in a 15 way tie for 18th in the league in INT's.

-Marques Colson caught a 45 yard TD pass on him.

-Devery Henderson caught a 76 yarder in the rematch of Saints-Falcons on him.

-Hines Ward LOST A SHOE and outraced Hall to the endzone for a 70 yard touchdown.

-Roy Williams beat Hall for a 60 yard touchdown.

-T.O. beat Hall on a 51 yard catch on the next play after Terry Glenn beat him for a 34 yard catch.

-Hines Ward had 171 receiving yards against Atlanta, the most in his career.

-Joey Galloway had 161 yards, second most in his career.

-Devery Henderson had his second best game ever with 158 yards.

-Roy Williams' 138 yards were the third most of his career.

-Hank Baskett had 177 yards - 158 more than he averaged in the first 15 games that season (They played Week 17).

-T.O. on Hall -112 yards.

I wish this was written after the 2007 season as well. :rl:

One more fun fact:

-DeAngelo Hall could've just batted down the Hail Mary before the half but instead went for the pick and instead Terence Copper came down with it for a 48 yard touchdown which gave the Saints a 21-6 halftime lead.

Oh and if the Giants believe DeAngelo will help them contain T.O., he won't. T.O. absolutely OWNS DeAngelo Hall, spit and all. ;)

Hall isn't a ballhawk either. Rarely has he come down with intereceptions and the Falcons' pass defense is putrid. You'd think it would be somewhat decent with the self proclaimed "best Cornerback in the league" mantra.

Just some awesome 2006 #'s from DeAngleo (courtesy of Sal Paolantonio)

-Finished the season in a 15 way tie for 18th in the league in INT's.

-Marques Colson caught a 45 yard TD pass on him.

-Devery Henderson caught a 76 yarder in the rematch of Saints-Falcons on him.

-Hines Ward LOST A SHOE and outraced Hall to the endzone for a 70 yard touchdown.

-Roy Williams beat Hall for a 60 yard touchdown.

-T.O. beat Hall on a 51 yard catch on the next play after Terry Glenn beat him for a 34 yard catch.

-Hines Ward had 171 receiving yards against Atlanta, the most in his career.

-Joey Galloway had 161 yards, second most in his career.

-Devery Henderson had his second best game ever with 158 yards.

-Roy Williams' 138 yards were the third most of his career.

-Hank Baskett had 177 yards - 158 more than he averaged in the first 15 games that season (They played Week 17).

-T.O. on Hall -112 yards.

I wish this was written after the 2007 season as well. :rl:

TO owns dangelo hall on the falcons

not on the giants

Why are we talking about how much Deangelo Hall sucks? The fact is, we all know he can play. Chad Johnson has him on his list; he's a player. Much better than Corey Webster and quick, who else plays secondary for the Gints?

Exactly. Great move for both teams except, it means the Falcons might opt to get their QB at the #31 spot now, which disrupts our draft-day plan.

Like it would matter. He goes up against Hall and Hall alone. T.O. would still smoke him and I love when he does it everytime. Maybe he can eat a box of popcorn in DeAngelo's face. =D>

ok so does atlanta have the same pass rush as the giants?? no

tony romeo will have alot less time to throw the ball to TO

and who exactly does he play along with on the Falcons? last time I checked not surrounded by any talent. Do you have breakdowns on other "elite" corners in this league. Clements, Bailey?

Clements and Bailey do not have that kind of history, and thats known by just watching highlight films and games on Sunday's. DeAngelo Hall's bad play sticks out to fans who watched the 2005, 2006 and 2007 Atlanta Falcons.

You can see Hall be beaten each and every week and that is not the case with Bailey, Harris, Clements and Woodson. Hall is big time over-rated. Dunta Robinson is still a better Cornerback than him.

124 you are basing your info on highlights?? If you put Hall on the Pats how would he be?

He'd still be getting burnt. I didn't base my Hall facts on highlights, those are just cold blood facts from ONE SEASON. Champ Bailey? Dude, c'mon now, you know he's nowhere near as vulnerable / beatable as DeAngelo Hall.

what good corner does not get burnt? they are usually aggressive and take chances due to their confidence in skills.

No, A guy like Terrence Newman very rarely gets thrown at, same fo Bailey (That Green Bay play this year was on of the very few times I've ever seen him give up a play like that)

Hall gives up way too many big plays to be considered a great CB.

Archived