NFL | Ellis believes he can play in a 3-4 defense

MikeJetsWord

I am on board the Rogers-wagon... and would like to see Gholston at 6.If Gholston is off the board, and it comes down to Sedrick Ellis, Dorsey, or a QB (and no trade downs are possible).... I go with Ellis, he's a high motor player and would be perfect on obvious-passing downs.

I am on board the Rogers-wagon... and would like to see Gholston at 6.If Gholston is off the board, and it comes down to Sedrick Ellis, Dorsey, or a QB (and no trade downs are possible).... I go with Ellis, he's a high motor player and would be perfect on obvious-passing downs.

In that scenario I'd reach for a player before taking either Long or Dorsey.

No way would either of them fit on this team. Just no way.

He can play but just not in this defence. Same applies to Dorsey (who I think is better than Ellis anyways).

In that scenario I would probably reach for McKelvin or Harvey.

I simply LOVE Ellis. I watched almost all the USC games this year. He's a GREAT DT but as you have so correctly stated he does NOT fit as a NT in a 3/4 scheme like the Jets employ. Christ he's lighter than DRob. End of story.

People have to realize that there's not just one prototypical type of NT, because there isn't just one type of 34 defense. He holds his ground exceptionally well when he uses proper technique, but when he gets too high he'll get taken out of the play much easier. For those thinking he would be like Drob part two hasn't seen enough of ellis play, just because there sizes are similar doesn't mean they are similarl there playing styles are completely different.

That having been said, I would not like the pick if gholston were still on the board. And of course he's going to say he can play in the 34, he'll say whatever it takes to get be the highest pick he can. One of the biggest things about the NT position is the player actually doesn't mind playing it and for all of Drobs physical inabilties he hasn't been a problem concerning his motor or him pi$sing and moaning about it in the media.

???? See Ghost, When you make a post like this it's obvious that you have NOT watched him play this year. Come on, fess up. ;)

To be honest, I haven't.

But I really did look at his size, can he really plug up the holes ? I don't know about that.

Lucky guess tho..:box:

Nobody agrees with Drob at NT, but Mangini has made little effort to adjust that.

I don't know if Mangini wants to employ a lighter NT in his scheme; it sure isn't the norm. If he decided that Drob is an ideal sized NT; then, getting a (stronger) Drob clone makes sense.

I'd prefer Ellis in the middle, trading off snaps with Rogers, than over-reaching for a CB or OLB prospect.

BTW Harvey looks just like Bryan Thomas.

Archived