'Frantic Friday' Looming for Jets, NFL [Merged 2X]

JetNation

Not only does the NFL's free agency signing period begin Friday morning but so does the 2008 trading period after the expiration of all ’07 contracts. The Jets, who are comfortably under the $116 million cap, could be active on both fronts. "I know we're prepared," said general manager Mike Tannenbaum. "We're going to work on what we can control. We can sign seven guys or ...

More...

It's an exciting time of year for sure. So many rumours. free agency starting , thinking about the draft etc. It's hard to find enough time to read everything out there.

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets did very little early on. Mangini and Tennenbaum seem determined not to over pay for talent and for the first few days of free agency that's exactly what we're going to see. Mediocre players getting pro bowl money while the pro bowlers will be signing bank breaking contracts. There's no doubt that they need to do something. I think we'll see them offer pretty big money to Flozell Adams and/or Faneca but if the bidding gets riddiculous to where the players are being offered 3-4 mil per season more than they're worth the Jets could back off. Should be interesting to say the least.

Archived