mcshay answers questions bout Jets

afosomf

Smart boy that Mcshay (Spider grad)

mark (new orleans): Why wouldnt the Jets draft Ellis or Dorsey and go back to a 4-3 defense? They have a lot of pretty good parts for a 4-3 and none for a 3-4. Trading Vilma and Robertson would be dumb.

Todd McShay: Mark, I completely agree. It seems coach Mangini is forcing the issue with the 34. There's a good chance Ellis is available at No. 6. DT Robertson, DE's Ellis and Thomas and LB's Vilma and Harris could all fit the 43 perfectly fine. It would be a shame if they pass on Ellis for a lower rated player (and continue to sell off existing parts) just because they're hell bent on playing a 34.

I am glad someone brought this up. Why is Mangini so hell bent on having a 3-4. Isnt part of being a good coach adapting to what you have ? Has the 3-4 been proven to be so superior to the 4-3 ? This is driving me nuts ...we seem to be trading Vilma just for this reason.

I am glad someone brought this up. Why is Mangini so hell bent on having a 3-4. Isnt part of being a good coach adapting to what you have ? Has the 3-4 been proven to be so superior to the 4-3 ? This is driving me nuts ...we seem to be trading Vilma just for this reason.

In my opinion i prefer the 34. It allows you to better mask your blitz schemes and be a lot more creative. This is what happens when a lot of people are fans of the team, but may not understand football all that much (not saying you don't). But, we aren't a player or two away from a good 43 defense nor were we a player or two away a couple years ago. We are however, on our way to being a respectable 34 defense and if we can get rogers or jenkins we will have a good one.

In my opinion i prefer the 34. It allows you to better mask your blitz schemes and be a lot more creative. This is what happens when a lot of people are fans of the team, but may not understand football all that much (not saying you don't). But, we aren't a player or two away from a good 43 defense nor were we a player or two away a couple years ago. We are however, on our way to being a respectable 34 defense and if we can get rogers or jenkins we will have a good one.

i agree, i love the 3-4.

Smart boy that Mcshay (Spider grad)

mark (new orleans): Why wouldnt the Jets draft Ellis or Dorsey and go back to a 4-3 defense? They have a lot of pretty good parts for a 4-3 and none for a 3-4. Trading Vilma and Robertson would be dumb.

Todd McShay: Mark, I completely agree. It seems coach Mangini is forcing the issue with the 34. There's a good chance Ellis is available at No. 6. DT Robertson, DE's Ellis and Thomas and LB's Vilma and Harris could all fit the 43 perfectly fine. It would be a shame if they pass on Ellis for a lower rated player (and continue to sell off existing parts) just because they're hell bent on playing a 34.

the only reason Mcshay is on espn is because they are grooming him to replace Kiper who they knew had too much power over them last contract negotiations, the only problem is he makes Kiper look like a rocket scientist... not saying much

Or we could just sign Shaun Rogers and Alan Faneca and next thing ya know we have a damn good 3-4 defence.

I understand what you guys are saying, but we should never have started to switch when we didn't have the personal to go to the 34. Mangini has pretty much forced the issue without getting right players.

Archived