Girardi says Wang likely to start Yankees' opener

JetNation

Not a surprise at all. Wang as the one and Pettitte as the two were to be expected. What should be interesting is what will be the three through five. What will be the rotation there? Hughes-Kennedy-Mussina?

Not a surprise at all. Wang as the one and Pettitte as the two were to be expected. What should be interesting is what will be the three through five. What will be the rotation there? Hughes-Kennedy-Mussina?

That's what I would do, who cares about Moose's fragile little ego. Maybe being put last after two youngsters is what this guy needs to finally play and act like a man. I'm tired of moose and his little girly prima-donna ways. OHHHH I have jet lag... oh I got an extra days rest

Moose probably won't be #5. #5 usually gets skipped and Mussina doesn't traditionally respond well to irregular days rest. Besides, aren't Hughes and Kennedy on inning counts? If Mussina has a good spring I wouldn't be surprised to see him move up the rotation. If not who cares? I'm just surprised that Pavano isn't getting opening day consideration.

Archived