Eugene Wilson nearing decision - from ESPN insider

jetfuel

6372.jpg Wilson nearing decision

Eugene Wilson | Patriots | Interested: Bengals? Jaguars? Titans? Jets? Steelers? Buccaneers?

After several free-agent visits, Wilson is close to a decision, according to The Tennessean.

The free-agent safety has met with the Buccaneers, Steelers, Jets and Titans. The Bengals and Jaguars are also believed to have interest. Wilson was a starter on two of the Patriots' three Super Bowl championship teams. He played in 11 games, including six starts, for the Patriots last season.

For the record, I'll take him on the Jets! He'd fill in nice rotating with Elam and E. Smith. Plus he knows NE well.

6372.jpg Wilson nearing decision

Eugene Wilson | Patriots | Interested: Bengals? Jaguars? Titans? Jets? Steelers? Buccaneers?

After several free-agent visits, Wilson is close to a decision, according to The Tennessean.

The free-agent safety has met with the Buccaneers, Steelers, Jets and Titans. The Bengals and Jaguars are also believed to have interest. Wilson was a starter on two of the Patriots' three Super Bowl championship teams. He played in 11 games, including six starts, for the Patriots last season.

For the record, I'll take him on the Jets! He'd fill in nice rotating with Elam and E. Smith. Plus he knows NE well.

I heard he ruled out the jets.

He's awful. Trust me. He lost his job to James Sanders AND Brandon Merriweather. Additionally, Romeo Crennel hasn't any interest (and he should be had for short enough money) - that should tell you something too.

If Nyjet10 is correct in saying that Wilson ruled out the Jets, this is no big loss. Abram Elam, I thought, played very well down the stretch last season and I'm interested in seeing him start an entire season in '08. Wilson would be a nice pick-up, but its not like Safety is a position of need.

If Nyjet10 is correct in saying that Wilson ruled out the Jets, this is no big loss. Abram Elam, I thought, played very well down the stretch last season and I'm interested in seeing him start an entire season in '08. Wilson would be a nice pick-up, but its not like Safety is a position of need.

I agree I thought Elam showed a lot of promise last year.

I'd say running back,

or left tackle,

or center

or DAVID HARRIS!

RB -Thomas Jones sucks

LT - Brick's been a disappointment so far

Safety is not that critical of a position to begin with and the Jets already have a stud (Rhodes) and a solid player (Elam) at the position.

RB -Thomas Jones sucks

Safety is not that critical of a position to begin with and the Jets already have a stud (Rhodes) and a solid player (Elam) at the position.

I agree Safety is not a big need but to say Thomas Jones sucks is both ridiculous and far from the truth. The guy is a beast! He got about 1200 behind that highschool Line . D'Brick has been a disappointment but they are not going to replace him. Another safety with experience for a short term contract is never a bad idea for depth.

I agree Safety is not a big need but to say Thomas Jones sucks is both ridiculous and far from the truth. The guy is a beast! He got about 1200 behind that highschool Line . D'Brick has been a disappointment but they are not going to replace him. Another safety with experience for a short term contract is never a bad idea for depth.

I agree tat he does not suck. I also agree that he could be a beast. Maybe a donkey or a burro, but certainly not a stud stallion. It took him about 400 carries to get those yards.

RB -Thomas Jones sucks

T Jones sucks???????????????????What are you smoking? He had 1200 yards behind a CRAP line and spotty QB play.

T Jones sucks???????????????????What are you smoking? He had 1200 yards behind a CRAP line and spotty QB play.

Too bad it took him 310 carries to do it. What was his ypc? 3.6. How many td's did he have? 1? That's awesome.

Good thing to know that at the ripe young age of 30 he's only going to get better. And I'm so happy he's c_ckblocking us from getting McFadden or any of the other quality backs in a RB-rich draft.

Too bad it took him 310 carries to do it. What was his ypc? 3.6. How many td's did he have? 1? That's awesome.

Good thing to know that at the ripe young age of 30 he's only going to get better. And I'm so happy he's c_ckblocking us from getting McFadden or any of the other quality backs in a RB-rich draft.

He's a very young 30 and he alone wouldn't block us from getting mcfadden, he would be a good compliment too mcfadden actually. What makes you think McFadden isn't at the top of the jets bigboard anyways?? Because some people on here who aren't in the front office say he's not our top choice? If he is the number 1 prospect on our board and he's there we will take him and having tj doesn't change that one bit.

Ya have to have faith in the FO to choose the right guys. If selecting mcfadden is in the best interest of the team than i'm sure that's what they'll do, (not saying he will or won't) but if he doesn't than they won't. If getting someone else makes us a better all around team isn't that what you want?? Or would you rather have a worse all around team, but a flashier player?

He's a very young 30 and he alone wouldn't block us from getting mcfadden, he would be a good compliment too mcfadden actually. What makes you think McFadden isn't at the top of the jets bigboard anyways?? Because some people on here who aren't in the front office say he's not our top choice? If he is the number 1 prospect on our board and he's there we will take him and having tj doesn't change that one bit.

Ya have to have faith in the FO to choose the right guys. If selecting mcfadden is in the best interest of the team than i'm sure that's what they'll do, (not saying he will or won't) but if he doesn't than they won't. If getting someone else makes us a better all around team isn't that what you want?? Or would you rather have a worse all around team, but a flashier player?

DMC isn't at the top of our draft board b/c we already have a ton of money invested at the position with TJ and McFadden would cost a ton of money. I'd be shocked if we drafted McFadden.

I don't know how Thomas Jones has this reputation of having such little wear and tear. He's been in the league like 8 years now as a running back and has 1,659 carries not to mention he's been a featured back like 4 years in a row now. He's going to start breaking down soon if he hasn't started already.

DMC isn't at the top of our draft board b/c we already have a ton of money invested at the position with TJ and McFadden would cost a ton of money. I'd be shocked if we drafted McFadden.

I don't know how Thomas Jones has this reputation of having such little wear and tear. He's been in the league like 8 years now as a running back and has 1,659 carries not to mention he's been a featured back like 4 years in a row now. He's going to start breaking down soon if he hasn't started already.

1659 isnt alot of carries for being 30. and he split time in chicago.

edgerrin james is 29, and has 2849 carries. Clinton Portis is 26 and has 1710 carries.

neither of these giys are as in shape as TJ either. you guys need to get off his back. he had absolutely no help last year. the play calling wasnt anything to brag about either.

1659 isnt alot of carries for being 30. and he split time in chicago.

edgerrin james is 29, and has 2849 carries. Clinton Portis is 26 and has 1710 carries.

neither of these giys are as in shape as TJ either. you guys need to get off his back. he had absolutely no help last year. the play calling wasnt anything to brag about either.

1,659 carries is still 1,659 carries. He ain't no spring chicken.

Everyone wants to blame TJ's o-line but Leon had a much better YPC running behind the same blockers. It wasn't just the o-line, TJ sucked.

Archived