Isaac Bruce wants to wear Rice's #80

InstantClassic

Should Bruce wear #80?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should Bruce wear #80?

I'm pretty sure that Rice already gave him permission to wear it. I forget where I read it so I don't see any problem with it.

He did. Rice came out and said that he's watched bruce over the years and loves what he's accomplished not only as a player on the field but a person off of it. If I was rice and there was anyone i would want to wear my number, isaac bruce and tory holt would be at the top of my last. Both tough players, great route runners and great hands; plus they are never a problem with the media, off the field issues etc. Tory holt is a whole lot faster than rice ever was, but exemplifies a lot of the hard work rice put into perfecting his craft.

A little sidenote; everytime i see an interview with holt, he always reminds me of a librarian for some reason. He's very soft and eleqouently spoked, with those glasses he has and he's always wearing a sweater, i dunno, he just gives me a very Mr. rogers type of aura hah.

No. The 49ers have done an injustice to Rice by not retiring his #80 by now, so the organization is laughable from that stand point already. Bruce should not be asking Rice to wear it, although the 49ers should've made this a non issue by now. It is the organization's fault.

As much as we might knock our own organization, at least we retire numbers or hold out numbers for certain players even when they're long, long gone (Namath, Maynard, Klecko, Byrd, Martin and Chrebet).

If the number is retired then yes. Bruce should absolutely be able to wear it and he shouldn't even need to ask Rice. He was just being respectful. I wonder if Rice made Bruce call into his radio show to ask permission. :lol:

Archived