Its official!!!

Jet/BosoxFan

I am a bigger topic of discussion on this board than anything else! There are more JBF threads in this forum than Ty-Law-to-the-Jets and Penningtons-road-to-recovery threads in the football forum COMBINED. My name is mentioned more often than any 5 players combined. If you googled "JBF" you'd get 100+ pages of results, all of them jetnation.com threads started between last night and this morning. I think Ham has ruined like keyboards between now and then.

All of this is fine by me but be advised I am not responding to each and every thread. You want a general response, you'll get it here, like it or not.

Now, here's what you wont be hearing for a good long while, until many things change: Red Sox ballwashing. And why not? Because theyre on a one-way ticket to nowhere. There is absolutely no reason to think that a repeat is in the cards this year WHATSOEVER!!! Even when they were the hottest team in the league...they still looked seriously flawed.

But, ease up on the Yankee ballwashing too. One of these 2 teams will win the disappointing AL East, but neither one is going to win the World Series.

I agree on both points, JBF..you're a celeb on JetNation. Nothing wrong about being a passionate fan.

And as much as I enjoyed the Yankees taking 3 of 4, look out for the White Sox. And for that matter, the Rangers, Angels, Orioles, etc. There may not be a wild card from the AL East his year.

I am a bigger topic of discussion on this board than anything else! There are more JBF threads in this forum than Ty-Law-to-the-Jets and Penningtons-road-to-recovery threads in the football forum COMBINED. My name is mentioned more often than any 5 players combined. If you googled "JBF" you'd get 100+ pages of results, all of them jetnation.com threads started between last night and this morning. I think Ham has ruined like keyboards between now and then.

Yeah but I only do it because I like you

Can't speak to the motives of others, but that is absolutely my motive ... and that's a fact

You can believe me or disbelieve me, but it's a fact ... I like your passion and you liven up the rivilary from the Boston side of the equation like no-one I ever met ... makes this rivilary {on this board} way more fun ... the board is never the same without you, and not for the better

But all that aside, I like you on a personal level as well ... passion is no crime ... and while your Yankee hatred knows no bounds, often resulting in full frontal assaults, I never fail to see the humor in it ... you may not mean it too be funny, but that's my sense of humor ... I always find passion comical

And while you may not realize this, I am laughing WITH YOU and not AT YOU ... because in many ways we are two sides of the same coin when it comes to baseball ... to dislike you would be to dislike myself

BEING DEAD SERIOUS HERE ... I tease you because I like you ... if I didn't like you as much as I did, I would not enjoy our give and take as much as I do

For whatever it's worth

Yeah but I only do it because I like you

Can't speak to the motives of others, but that is absolutely my motive ... and that's a fact

You can believe me or disbelieve me, but it's a fact ... I like you passion and you liven up the rivilary from the Boston side of the equation like no-one I ever met ... makes this rivilary {on this board} way more fun ... the board is never the same without you, and not for the better

But all that aside, I like you on a personal level as well ... passion is no crime ... and while your Yankee hatred knows no bounds, often resulting in full frontal assaults, I never fail to see the humor in it ... you may not mean it too be funny, but that's my sense of humor ... I always find passion comical

And while you may not realize this, I am laughing WITH YOU and not AT YOU ... because in many ways we are two sides of the same coin when it comes to baseball ... to dislike you would be to dislike myself

BEING DEAD SERIOUS HERE ... I tease you because I like you ... if I didn't like you as much as I did, I would not enjoy our give and take as much as I do

For whatever it's worth

I agree Ham, I enjoy the Red Sox-Yankees give-and-take more than anything during the baseball season. It is often better than watching the games themselves. It seems like there is a real dearth of entertaning games this year...when the Sox drop 7 runs on somebody, yeah its a great time...but I quickly find some household stuff to do.

The yahoo smack talking is really the best on this forum too, compared to other forums I've been on and been banned from! 'Cept of course for this morning because I got nothing currently happening and nothing to bring to the table in the near future concerning the BoSox. Yep...my comebacks will be reduced to personal insults and things of the lowbrow nature.

Cept of course for this morning because I got nothing currently happening and nothing to bring to the table in the near future concerning the BoSox. Yep...my comebacks will be reduced to personal insults and things of the lowbrow nature.

Don't sweat it, man .. you got Tampa Bay to beat up on this week .. they'll give you plenty to get giddy about

Bu if you do lose to Tampa Bay, it's officially "full crisis mode" in RSN ... CODE RED <ahttp://forums.jetnation.com/uploads/emoticons/default_eusa_wall.gif' alt=](*,)'>

Don't sweat it, man .. you got Tampa Bay to beat up on this week .. they'll give you plenty to get giddy about

Bu if you do lose to Tampa Bay, it's officially "full crisis mode" in RSN ... CODE RED <ahttp://forums.jetnation.com/uploads/emoticons/default_eusa_wall.gif' alt=](*,)'>

You mean like when the D-Rays took 3 of 4 from the Yankees and you disappeared for about a month?

You mean like when the D-Rays took 3 of 4 from the Yankees and you disappeared for about a month?

That's revisionist history, 80

I didn't "disappear" ... I showed up and said I have nothing to say because right now "WE SUCK"

Said I can say all that needs to be said with two little words ... "WE SUCK"

Then explained anything further would simply be repeating those two words in LONG FORM

But still dropped in to rip the Yankees on occasion ... which they deserved because they were playing like the last $hit I took

Has nothing to do with bandwagons ... I watch them EVERY GAME and root my heart out EVERY GAME ... I was Just calling it as it was

Now that's how it really went down

That's revisionist history, 80

I didn't "disappear" ... I showed up and said I have nothing to say because right now "WE SUCK"

Said I can say all that needs to be said with two little words ... "WE SUCK"

Then explained anything further would simply be repeating those two words in LONG FORM

But still dropped in to rip the Yankees on occasion ... which they deserved because they were playing like the last $hit I took

Has nothing to do with bandwagons ... I watch them EVERY GAME and root my heart out EVERY GAME ... I was Just calling it as it was

Now that's how it really went down

Fairweather. :lol:

Fairweather. :lol:

:mrgreen:

Bro, I am anything but a fairweather fan ... I was sitting in that building when you had your choice of 50,000 seats ... sat there when the Yankees couldn't buy a W ... you're too young to remember those days, but there was a time when the Yankees flatout reeked ... and I was in that building to see it

I'm alotta things, but a fairweather fan is not one of them .. nor is a bandwagoneer .. I have the scars to prove it

These younger Yankee fans know nothing but success ... that's all they know ... losing is absolutely foreign to them, and God bless them for that ... but cats like me and Max know what it feels like to watch the Yankees when they are the worst thing a baseball team can be ... "IRRELEVANT"

:mrgreen:

Bro, I am anything but a fairweather fan ... I was sitting in that building when you had your choice of 50,000 seats ... sat there when the Yankees couldn't buy a W ... you're too young to remember those days, but there was a time when the Yankees flatout reeked ... and I was in that building to see it

I'm alotta things, but a fairweather fan is not one of them .. nor is a bandwagoneer .. I have the scars to prove it

These younger Yankee fans know nothing but success ... that's all they know ... losing is absolutely foreign to them, and God bless them for that ... but cats like me and Max know what it feels like to watch the Yankees when they are the worst thing a baseball team can be ... "IRRELEVANT"

So basically, I am a Mets fan version of you when you were young....enduring the harship of the Mets' darkest of dark times at this very moment.

So basically, I am a Mets fan version of you when you were young....enduring the harship of the Mets' darkest of dark times at this very moment.

That's actually true, 80 ... when the pendulum swings and the Mets start winning again, you will have earned it the hard way ... you will enjoy every minute of it because you lived through the down years

Believe it or not, there was a time when the Mets practically owned the back pages and the Yankees were treated like an after-thought ... I remember those days well ... the Mets had a Great team and the Yankees couldn't get a sniff of the post season

I hope it doesn't happen anytime soon, but the pendulum will eventually swing back the other way ... and you'll be one of the Met fans who savors every minute of it, because you suffered the indignity of being "THE OTHER TEAM" in NY

Been there, done that :wink:

PS. For whatever it's worth, I think Omar has the Mets on the right track ... I am very impressed with Omar as a baseball man ... be patient my young friend, he is building something good over there at Shea

I kid around alot and rip the Mets, but the truth is I can see Omar laying the foundation for a good team

That's actually true, 80 ... when the pendulum swings and the Mets start winning again, you will have earned it the hard way ... you will enjoy every minute of it because you lived through the down years

Believe it or not, there was a time when the Mets practically owned the back pages and the Yankees were treated like an after-thought ... I remember those days well ... the Mets had a Great team and the Yankees couldn't get a sniff of the post season

I hope it doesn't happen anytime soon, but the pendulum will eventually swing back the other way ... and you'll be one of the Met fans who savors every minute of it, because you suffered the indignity of being "THE OTHER TEAM" in NY

Been there, done that :wink:

PS. For whatever it's worth, I think Omar has the Mets on the right track ... I am very impressed with Omar as a baseball man ... be patient my young friend, he is building something good over there at Shea

I kid around alot and rip the Mets, but the truth is I can see Omar laying the foundation for a good team

I agree, I like Minaya's vision WAYYYYYY better than that of Steve Phillips. Minaya's plans go far beyond this year, because I think the Pedro signing was just a "good-faith" move to bring the fans back. Meanwhile, the team is still only good enough to take 3rd place and finish around .500.

But I like the future. Jose Reyes, David Wright, Carlos Beltran, Victor Diaz, Lastings Milledge, Phillip Humber, Michael Pelfrey, Gabriel Hernandez, Yusmeiro Petit, Royce Ring.....not a bad crop of talent to build the future around. The farm system is loaded with top-notching pitching, especially.

Archived