Gholsten

Favorite_Toon

lol, you're just like me. One minute I want dmc cause he would be sic in our backfield which would help out our wr's, next gholston is my man because we really need another de that can get after the qb, jenkins in the middle and ellis holding down the other side, and then I'm wanting us to trade down so we can pick up multiple 1st's of dallas and take stewart, hardy, or the best o linemen available. I will say this, I think Falco is going to turn into a brett farve qb down the rode. I would take him in the second. Unless Stewart drops that far.

lol, you're just like me. One minute I want dmc cause he would be sic in our backfield which would help out our wr's, next gholston is my man because we really need another de that can get after the qb, jenkins in the middle and ellis holding down the other side, and then I'm wanting us to trade down so we can pick up multiple 1st's of dallas and take stewart, hardy, or the best o linemen available. I will say this, I think Falco is going to turn into a brett farve qb down the rode. I would take him in the second. Unless Stewart drops that far.

we are alot alike my friend..I think flacco is going to be awesome too..I would want him with our second round pick if hes there... I love DMC... but getting gholsten wuld make could make this defense elite...

I thought hell would freeze over before I opened one of you're threads and it wasn't 100% about drafting DMC. You feeling OK?

LOL... I was just thinking about it more clearly.. Its like everyone wants the sexy pick..which would be mcfadden... but if the jets take gholsten... coached right they could have an elite unit...

Revis and Rhodes manning the secondary... Linebackers.. Harris,Ghlsten,Pace

Jenkins ellis.. upfront..

would be awesome.. but I stil think we need to adderess the offense..cause the jets were clearly one of the most boring offensive team in the league...

Now boring can be good..if the offense is good..but the offense was horrible.. we need a young wideout that can stretch the field..

next gholston is my man because we really need another de that can get after the qb, .

Well if the JETS were to draft Gholston, he would be an OLB in the 3-4 for the simple fact he's not big enough to play the role of a 3-4 DE.

Gholston has the potential along with the size, speed, quickness, strength and toughness to be a Ware-Merriman type of OLB in any 3-4 Defense.

Gholston is my #1 choice to play with Revis, Rhodes, and Harris for years to come.

McFadden is my next choice.

If we Gholston AND McFadden are BOTH off the board whent he Jets pick, Im gonna be furrious

Well if the JETS were to draft Gholston, he would be an OLB in the 3-4 for the simple fact he's not big enough to play the role of a 3-4 DE.

Gholston has the potential along with the size, speed, quickness, strength and toughness to be a Ware-Merriman type of OLB in any 3-4 Defense.

Gholston is my #1 choice to play with Revis, Rhodes, and Harris for years to come.

If we Gholston AND McFadden are BOTH off the board whent he Jets pick, Im gonna be furrious

What happens if they are both on the board? who do you select?

What happens if they are both on the board? who do you select?

Gholston. For two reasons.

#1- This Defense could dominate for YEAR to come with Revis, Rhodes, Harris and Gholston. Thats 4 SUPERSTAR players on defense, thats crazy, thats like Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Ed Reed and Chris McCalister for the old Ravens D. Lets not forget that Jenkins is only 28. Just like the Ravens, we would have Two superstar LB's and two superstar players in the secondary.

Upgrade our #2 CB over the next 2 seasons, Upgrade our Safety position next to Rhodes over the next 2 seasons, upgrade our ILB postion next to Harris, and guess what? We could have a Chicago Bears-Ravens type of defense, maybe better.

#2- The best move would be Gholston over McFadden in the first place, but lets not 4get that the Patriots pick right after the Jets. BB and the Patriots would LOVE to get thier hands on Gholston. And lets not forget that the Patriots secondary is hurting, thier LB's are getting older, they are in NO Position to draft McFadden. If we were to draft McFadden, they would draft Gholston, if we were to draft Gholston... They would have to pass on McFadden or trade down.

Gholston. For two reasons.

#1- This Defense could dominate for YEAR to come with Revis, Rhodes, Harris and Gholston. Thats 4 SUPERSTAR players on defense, thats crazy, thats like Ray Lewis, Adalius Thomas, Ed Reed and Chris McCalister for the old Ravens D. Lets not forget that Jenkins is only 28. Just like the Ravens, we would have Two superstar LB's and two superstar players in the secondary.

Upgrade our #2 CB over the next 2 seasons, Upgrade our Safety position next to Rhodes over the next 2 seasons, upgrade our ILB postion next to Harris, and guess what? We could have a Chicago Bears-Ravens type of defense, maybe better.

I'd rather have Gholston but you are pushing it. Jenkins has yet to play a single snap in the 3-4 scheme, Gholston has never played a snap as an NFL 3-4 OLB, and you are ready to anoint us as the next great NFL defense. I like Gholston's upside as a 3-4 OLB but to call him a superstar before playing a snap is as delusional as the people who think McFadden is as good as Peterson. He could just as well be a bust like Drob.

delusional as the people who think McFadden is as good as Peterson.

You must not know much about the Defenses that come out of the SEC and you must have NEVER watched McFadden play, I bet you only seen his Youtube highlights when he's blowing by everyone with speed.

McFadden only played 3 seasons and become the Razorbacks ALL TIME LEADING rusher.

McFadden only played 3 seasons and is now the SEC's #2 ALL TIME LEADING rusher.

Name 2 GREAT runningbacks that have played for the SEC since the Mid 80's and name 2 RB's that came out of the SEC in the past 5 years. If you cant, I can help you out.

Your the delusional one if you think McFadden='s the next Reggie Bush bust.

You must not know much about the Defenses that come out of the SEC and you must have NEVER watched McFadden play, I bet you only seen his Youtube highlights when he's blowing by everyone with speed.

McFadden only played 3 seasons and become the Razorbacks ALL TIME LEADING rusher.

McFadden only played 3 seasons and is now the SEC's #2 ALL TIME LEADING rusher.

Name 2 GREAT runningbacks that have played for the SEC since the Mid 80's and name 2 RB's that came out of the SEC in the past 5 years. If you cant, I can help you out.

Your the delusional one if you think McFadden='s the next Reggie Bush bust.

I won't ever pretend to know as much as you about football, but can you tell me how many yard's Bo Jackson or Herschel Walker ran for out of the QB position?

I won't ever pretend to know as much as you about football, but can you tell me how many yard's Bo Jackson or Herschel Walker ran for out of the QB position?

Im not saying that I know more about football than you do, but I am saying that your wrong on McFadden being a bust.

It's not McFaddens fault that the Razorbacks coaching staff seen that McFadden has Great Speed, amazing Quickness, top Agility along with smarts and actually put the kid under center. Stop trying to knock his overall game as a runningback because the COACHING staff did what it took to win the game.

I wonder why every team in the nation never put thier RB under center when they played LSU, I mean... It worked for the Razorbacks right? Sorry to say, but DMC was the best RB in the nation last year.

Emmitt Smith, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, even Ronnie Brown was great out of the SEC and guess what? McFadden is #2 ALL TIME.

Go make another screen name after the Jets draft McFadden, or maybe you should keep it.

Im not saying that I know more about football than you do, but I am saying that your wrong on McFadden being a bust.

It's not McFaddens fault that the Razorbacks coaching staff seen that McFadden has Great Speed, amazing Quickness, top Agility along with smarts and actually put the kid under center. Stop trying to knock his overall game as a runningback because the COACHING staff did what it took to win the game.

I wonder why every team in the nation never put thier RB under center when they played LSU, I mean... It worked for the Razorbacks right? Sorry to say, but DMC was the best RB in the nation last year.

Emmitt Smith, Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, even Ronnie Brown was great out of the SEC and guess what? McFadden is #2 ALL TIME.

Go

I don't know if McFadden will be a bust or not. He could be a great NFL back, but I think the chance that he is a bust is a lot higher then a back you use a #6 pick on, especialy when running back isn't a need on this team.

Go make another screen name after the Jets draft McFadden, or maybe you should keep it.

Well I wouldn't draw conference parallels to a time 20 years ago when players were very different. But Ronnie Brown is a fair comparison. And if we ended up drafting Ronnie Brown in the top 10 we'd be pissed off with what we've gotten for it three years in.

College success in college offenses is great for college games.

I'm curious (and I have no idea; they could be off the chart):

What were McFadden's rushing stats from only when he lined up at RB?

Well I wouldn't draw conference parallels to a time 20 years ago when players were very different. But Ronnie Brown is a fair comparison. And if we ended up drafting Ronnie Brown in the top 10 we'd be pissed off with what we've gotten for it three years in.

College success in college offenses is great for college games.

I'm curious (and I have no idea; they could be off the chart):

What were McFadden's rushing stats from only when he lined up at RB?

Ronnie brown is awesome... he gets hurt alot but hes awesome when hes healthy...lone bright spot on the dolphins this year until he got hurt..

Ronnie brown is awesome... he gets hurt alot but hes awesome when hes healthy...lone bright spot on the dolphins this year until he got hurt..

Ronnie Brown had a few awesome games. Among them were when he was torching the Jets' sorry excuse for a run defense.

He's plenty talented. McFadden's twiggy legs and upright running style are the perfect combination to getting badly injured, or being banged up so much that it affects the skill that he truly has. Bruisers like Stephen Jackson, Brandon Jacobs, Ronnie Brown, etc get injured. What makes you think this one player, who would be skinny for a WR at 6'2/205, will be even somewhat immune to it?

Ronnie Brown had a few awesome games. Among them were when he was torching the Jets' sorry excuse for a run defense.

He's plenty talented. McFadden's twiggy legs and upright running style are the perfect combination to getting badly injured, or being banged up so much that it affects the skill that he truly has.

How about peterson?? All they were saying out of camp was he runs angry..he runs upright.. and I guess your right because he gets inujured alot too.. you have a point.. I just think he would be awesome for us in alot of different ways..

we have no star on the team... none.. look at the past superbowl winners... they all have a star or two or three.. we have nobody anyone is afraid of... Chad cant throw past 20 yeards with something on it... D cor... love to plan for him..they just sit 8 in the box and dare pennington to throw..

How about peterson?? All they were saying out of camp was he runs angry..he runs upright.. and I guess your right because he gets inujured alot too.. you have a point.. I just think he would be awesome for us in alot of different ways..

we have no star on the team... none.. look at the past superbowl winners... they all have a star or two or three.. we have nobody anyone is afraid of... Chad cant throw past 20 yeards with something on it... D cor... love to plan for him..they just sit 8 in the box and dare pennington to throw..

Please stop comparing Peterson with McFadden....they are not the same.

My point is only this:

You can't point to one successful college player & assume in any way that translates to another person. That is what makes these Peterson analogies silly.

Truth is, in the same exact situation, he might be much better than Peterson & he might be much better than Bo Jackson before the injury. I seriously doubt it, but it's no more valid a point than applying Peterson's success to someone else who hasn't even been drafted yet.

The running style, the skimpy lower body, and his personal history make me wary of drafting him (let alone with the #6 overall pick that guarantees him $20M). That still doesn't mean he would be a bad pick for us. But frankly, I just don't like giving out big contracts to 20 year-old rookies who had off-field issues even when he had to behave b/c he had no money. And still less do I like the idea of giving out that kind of coin to a RB who would be splitting time to be most effective.

I like RBBC and think there are enough talents out there to shove someone back there with a solid OL. The OL makes more of a difference in production than a pre-draft, perceived talent gap.

My point is only this:

You can't point to one successful college player & assume in any way that translates to another person. That is what makes these Peterson analogies silly.

Exactly... And thats exactly the reason why I laugh when people like "SayNoToDMC" say that McFadden will be the next Reggie Bush because of thier speed.

Exactly... And thats exactly the reason why I laugh when people like "SayNoToDMC" say that McFadden will be the next Reggie Bush because of thier speed.

No one has said that. I have seen no parallels in terms of their skill sets on this website or others.

What people say when they bring up Bush is that he was considered a can't-miss prospect. A sure thing. The best prospect since Barry Sanders. That we should use our #29 pick to move up 2 slots to get him & then give Bush a $60M contract. That he is a guy that you never, ever pass up on because it could be 20-30 years before you have the chance at a talent like this.

I heard it all off-season in 2006, just as I'm hearing this about McFadden now. And the funniest part is, Bush isn't even a GOOD RB, let alone an irreplaceable must-have talent. Aaron Stecker has been a better RB so far.

It's not that McFadden = Bush. It's that over-hype = over-hype.

Archived