Coles may be no show on monday's workout.

PLAYMAKER29

March 17: Coles may not show when the Jets begin their offseason program on Monday, according the New York Daily News. Coles, embroiled in a contract dispute, has said he wasn't going to participate unless the team tears up the final two years of his deal and gives him a long-term extension.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story;jsessionid=2BEBCB082537E9A461D50319BE391D4E?id=09000d5d806a3052&template=with-video&confirm=true

March 17: Coles may not show when the Jets begin their offseason program on Monday, according the New York Daily News. Coles, embroiled in a contract dispute, has said he wasn't going to participate unless the team tears up the final two years of his deal and gives him a long-term extension.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story;jsessionid=2BEBCB082537E9A461D50319BE391D4E?id=09000d5d806a3052&template=with-video&confirm=true

Hopefully we can get undamaged goods for him. Though he is a good receiver, he has problems no matter where he goes. Good bye LC, don't let the door hit you in the back.

"embroiled in a contract dispute?"

There is no dispute. Coles doesn't want to live up to the contract he signed. The Jets want him to.

It seems to me that Coles wants the security of these long-term deals but doesn't want to be locked into it himself. Well, f**k him.

And it's not $11M that he's been offered to get guaranteed for the next 2 years. It's $14.5M. He got a signing bonus of $5M & he got a roster bonus of $3M a year later. What, they don't count anymore because we didn't JUST pay it to him? Know how guaranteed that money is? He's already received it. The Jets are guaranteeing him $11 million MORE over the next 2 years.

What a scumbag.

"embroiled in a contract dispute?"

There is no dispute. Coles doesn't want to live up to the contract he signed. The Jets want him to.

It seems to me that Coles wants the security of these long-term deals but doesn't want to be locked into it himself. Well, f**k him.

And it's not $11M that he's been offered to get guaranteed for the next 2 years. It's $14.5M. He got a signing bonus of $5M & he got a roster bonus of $3M a year later. What, they don't count anymore because we didn't JUST pay it to him? Know how guaranteed that money is? He's already received it. The Jets are guaranteeing him $11 million MORE over the next 2 years.

What a scumbag.

I've been saying it since I first got here how much of a douchebag this guy is. You could tell how much of a greedy **** this guy was since he left for more money the first time after spouting that B.S. about how he hated all the other teams for passing on him and he played to show them up and how he loved the jets for picking him e.t.c.

I've been saying it since I first got here how much of a douchebag this guy is. You could tell how much of a greedy **** this guy was since he left for more money the first time after spouting that B.S. about how he hated all the other teams for passing on him and he played to show them up and how he loved the jets for picking him e.t.c.

Well it was a little different back then. He was a RFA, which means he wasn't under contract. He wanted to go to whoever gave him the most money, particularly the signing bonus. He (or his agent) were known to have been seeking about a $10M SB. Jets offered $6M which he referred to as "insulting" though he had exactly one good (not great) season & no one gave that kind of money out to a receiver at his lower level. The Redskins (eventually) offered $13M which we didn't match.

This is different. He's gotten his guaranteed money & the whole world is supposed to forget about it as though he never received it. He is under contract. A contract he wanted, that he signed.

He's like a spoiled little baby who's going to hold his breath if he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it.

Well it was a little different back then. He was a RFA, which means he wasn't under contract. He wanted to go to whoever gave him the most money, particularly the signing bonus. He (or his agent) were known to have been seeking about a $10M SB. Jets offered $6M which he referred to as "insulting" though he had exactly one good (not great) season & no one gave that kind of money out to a receiver at his lower level. The Redskins (eventually) offered $13M which we didn't match.

This is different. He's gotten his guaranteed money & the whole world is supposed to forget about it as though he never received it. He is under contract. A contract he wanted, that he signed.

He's like a spoiled little baby who's going to hold his breath if he doesn't get what he wants when he wants it.

I know it isn't the same situation, I'm just saying that is it similar behavior by this guy. He greatly overvalues his worth and acts like a douchbag every chance he gets to make that money. I never liked bringing this guy back after he left for more money. He's a great team leader...who is going to leave the team the moment he doesn't get his way/$1 more if offered somewhere else.

Looks like we have a definite need at number 2. But what about an experienced replacement? I cannot see them extending this guy. Even after Kendall, that would be terrible judgment on their part. And keeping him is out of the question. Too many jerks on this team worship Chad and LC. Plus, frankly, he is mediocre, maybe a little better. He does not catch many TDs and he does not stretch the field. Oh, and he has had a few KOs, too.

Archived