my Jets mock draft

HandsClean

If DMC is on the board

Trade #6 pick to Dallas for #22 and 28 and 5th round pick

Trade Laverneous Coles to Jacksonville for 2nd round pick

Rd 1 Pick 22- Limas Sweed WR, Texas

Analysis- The Jets need insurance for Coles as well as depth. Smart pick here

Rd 1 Pick 28- Brian Brohm QB, Louisville- We can afford to make this pick due to our free agency moves. Brohm has franchise QB ability... It doesn't hurt to bring in competition

Rd 2 Pick 36-Kentwan Balmer DT, North Carolina- Prototypical 3-4 DE. Could eventually replace Ellis

Rd 2 pick 58- Jonathan Goff ILB, Vandy- Prototypical 3-4 ILB that performed well at the combine.

Rd 4- Barry Richardson, OT Clemson- Massive RT prospect

Rd 5- Dexter Jackson, WR Appalaccian State- Solid slot reciever prospect

Rd 6- Chris Horton, S UCLA- Decent saftey project

Rd 7- Mario Urrutia WR, Louisville Big target

Its too hard to do a no trade version, bc I have no idea how the draft will go..

If DMC is on the board

Rd 1 Pick 28- Brian Brohm QB, Louisville- We can afford to make this pick due to our free agency moves. Brohm has franchise QB ability... It doesn't hurt to bring in competition

Rd 2 Pick 36-Kentwan Balmer DT, North Carolina- Prototypical 3-4 DE. Could eventually replace Ellis

Rd 2 pick 58- Jonathan Goff ILB, Vandy- Prototypical 3-4 ILB that performed well at the combine.

Its too hard to do a no trade version, bc I have no idea how the draft will go..

Weres RB? This drafts strength is running back... not even a ray rice late? or chris johnson? anyone? we need to keep thomas jones until hes 33 to be interested in the future of that position?

If DMC is on the board

I would prefer taking Ryan at 6 or Flacco at 28 (Presuming they're both available) than taking Brohm at 28.

Although I like the Sweed pick, I really doubt he'll be there at 22.

Weres RB? This drafts strength is running back... not even a ray rice late? or chris johnson? anyone? we need to keep thomas jones until hes 33 to be interested in the future of that position?

WE DONT NEED A RB. WE NOW HAVE 3 RB'S, ALL OF WHOM ARE CAPABLE STARTERS, GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD!!!

Anyway, regarding the mock... NO FRICKEN WAY does Tangini draft a QB 1st rd. Out of the question, sorry. It was only two years ago that we traded up and took Clemens in rd 2. All else other than our 2 1st rd picks from that draft have failed miserably... Eric Smith cant beat out a street FA named Abram Elam last season, Anthony Schlegal saw action on a grand total of 5 special teams plays in 06 and was cut prior to last season, Drew Coleman played some for us in 06, then gave up a TD to Bernard Berrian in the Bears game and I havent seen him touch the field since. The Brad Smith experiment doesnt seem to be going all that well either.

All in all, if Clemens pans out, that draft was still okay, if not, that draft could go down as among the worst in Jets history. I dont think, after only 8 games, Tangini is going to be ready to make that happen.

Plus, we still have a need for another CB, a DE, and an ILB.

Have the 2009 and 2010 drafts been cancelled????

If DMC is on the board

I gotta say that I agree with the others that Brohm makes no sense for the Jets.

If the Jets really were interested in Balmer then they should take him with #28 and then take the best CB on the board at #36, which could be the DB from Oklahoma, Brown, or even Cason, a guy the Jets have interviewed.

Except for Brohm, I agree with your priorities.

I love how everybodys Mock draft makes the automatic assumption that Dallas wants to trade up for DMC and will give up their two first round picks. Trading down is not that simple and theres no way Dallas moves up to the 6th pick.

You cant fault a guy who's doing a mock for wanting an extra first round pick to work with :)

Much more likely they can trade down a few slots, which would net an extra third round (or so) pick.

If DMC is on the board

At 22, doesn't Limas Sweed seem kind of too early for him? I think if we would trade back with Dallas we would give them the 6th pick, and get the 22nd, 28th, and a 3rd round draft pick.

At 22 I would select a cornerback, and at 28, I would select James Hardy. At 36 I am leaning toward either Brian Brohm, Joe Flacco, or Gosder Cherilus. I like Barry Richardson in round 4 if Cherilus isin't picked in round 2. Mario Urrutia in round 7 would be a steal, like I believe Stuckey is going to be a steal, eventually, when he is able to get into a game.

At 22, doesn't Limas Sweed seem kind of too early for him? I think if we would trade back with Dallas we would give them the 6th pick, and get the 22nd, 28th, and a 3rd round draft pick.

Actually, I believe Sweed will be off the board by 22. He's the best WR in the draft hands down.

Actually, I believe Sweed will be off the board by 22. He's the best WR in the draft hands down.

Really? I never would have thunk it... lol

I still want Hardy though, because he's 6'7, and he runs what, a 4.41, i think, someone correct me if i'm wrong here on his forty. He's a fast, big receiver.

Repeat after me:

Gholston at #6

Cherilous in Round 2

I'd love that depending on who else is available in round 2. If we could get Brandan ALbert in round 2 or one of the three top WR prospects such as Sweed, Kelly or Hardy I'd take them over Cherilous and than wait for round 3 or 4 and draft Carl Nicks.

Archived