I'm gonna make one hell of a guarantee right now.

NY JET 29

Leon Washington will have a better starting RB carrer than DMC.

People want Mcfadden, because TJ will be useless in 2-3 seasons. People are forgetting we have Leon Washington. Leon, and DMC, are both small, fast, and explosive. The only difference is Leon doesen't get tackled as easy, and Leon has more experience.

If DMC goes to a team with a GREAT OL then i'll be wrong, but if DMC goes to Oakland, or somewhere like that I guarantee that Leon does better than DMC.

And then I will laugh at everyone who will reply "what am I smoking"

DMC is 6'1" 211. That's hardly small. Washington is 5'8" and supposively 202. Washington is older, and had time in an NFL program for a couple years to get to that weight too.

You're 2nd point about a good OL or bad OL makes sense, but you can say that about ANY RB.

People want Mcfadden, because TJ will be useless in 2-3 seasons. People are forgetting we have Leon Washington. Leon, and DMC, are both small, fast, and explosive. The only difference is Leon doesen't get tackled as easy, and Leon has more experience.

If DMC goes to a team with a GREAT OL then i'll be wrong, but if DMC goes to Oakland, or somewhere like that I guarantee that Leon does better than DMC.

raiders o-line isnt all that bad when comes to run blocking. pass blocking is where they suck.

If Leon can become a full time starter that would be great. HOWEVER, in order for me to get even a little bit excited about this prediction, he's going to have to at least beat out Chatman for the backup spot this training camp.

Dude, just stop.

If Leon can become a full time starter that would be great. HOWEVER, in order for me to get even a little bit excited about this prediction, he's going to have to at least beat out Chatman for the backup spot this training camp.

No way Chatman beats out Leon.

where do you have room to talk jets line sucked aswell.

Yes,but the Jets at least made an attempt to improve their line. What's Herm gonna do to help the Chiefs line? Change the barbeque sauce on the ribs from Hickory to Honey Mustard?

Yes,but the Jets at least made an attempt to improve their line. What's Herm gonna do to help the Chiefs line? Change the barbeque sauce on the ribs from Hickory to Honey Mustard?

He's also put the team in perfect position to reach for Clady or Otah with the 5th overall. Stop Hating dude, Herm>>>>Mangini, just accept it!

ironic how most jets fans still neglect to understand herm. he believes in the youths. not some old FA. hey atleast we had a D and actually we caused the most negative plays in the nfl.. read an article not to long ago about that chiefs caused like 122 or 121 and the giants were one behind.

Your insane.

I grew up as a huge FSU fan, I loved Dunn and I loved Washington because he remined me of him- but at the same time, I have watched just about every game of McFadden since the middle of his freshman year, and McFadden blows Leon out of the water in terms of talent and potential as an every down back.

Leon Washington was the ACC Player of the year before his injury but at the same time, he never finished #2 for the heisman trophy and he never put up 200+ yards vrs a top 5 team, I'm sorry, I respect your thinking, but saying that McFadden wont be better than Leon is stupid.

There is a reason why Leon was drafted in the 4th round, we got a steal but keep in mind, there is a reason why McFadden is going to be the #1 RB drafted, and it's more than just "Hype" The kid is explosive

ironic how most jets fans still neglect to understand herm. he believes in the youths. not some old FA. hey atleast we had a D and actually we caused the most negative plays in the nfl.. read an article not to long ago about that chiefs caused like 122 or 121 and the giants were one behind.

"he believes in the youths":rl::rl:

Really? So how do you explain the fact that he SUCKS at drafting?

5 drafts with us, and, wait, 1 1st round pick remains on the roster!! And the only reason he's still around is because we're waiting for the June 1st deadline to cut him!

Yeah, you guys should really be excited about Herm to give you a "youth movement", as if age was your biggest problem last season, right?:rl:

"he believes in the youths":rl::rl:

Really? So how do you explain the fact that he SUCKS at drafting?

5 drafts with us, and, wait, 1 1st round pick remains on the roster!! And the only reason he's still around is because we're waiting for the June 1st deadline to cut him!

Yeah, you guys should really be excited about Herm to give you a "youth movement", as if age was your biggest problem last season, right?:rl:

yea for you. unlike kc and thats not herms fault its a number of people that influence whoms drafted. so the jets sucked overall entirely in that field. whatever you're like trying to teach a retard to play football start to think about it but you still lack the intelligence to comprehend whats being explained to you. i got better **** to do than argue with you.

yea for you. unlike kc and thats not herms fault its a number of people that influence whoms drafted. so the jets sucked overall entirely in that field. whatever you're like trying to teach a retard to play football start to think about it but you still lack the intelligence to comprehend whats be explained to you. i got better **** to do than argue with you.

You're right. I do feel like Im trying to teach a retard to play football.

And if you had better **** to do with your time, why are you on a Jets board in the 1st place?

what about lamont? him running off to the raiders wasnt influenced by herm but the fact lamont was tired of being a back up to martin.

But Lamont was younger then Curtis. I would think that since Herm is such a believer in youths that he'd let the older guy walk before the young guy.

Tell that to Jerricho Cotchery, who was wasted on the bench for several years until Herm left.

Tell that to Lamont Jordan, who had a grand total of 262 carries in 4 years after being drafted in the 2nd round by the Jets.

Tell that to Chad Pennington, who would still be sitting on the bench had Vinny Testaverde not been hurt against Jacksonville in 2002.

What about the fact that in 5 years with the Jets, Herm's team only took 1 Olineman on day 1 of the draft, and then they let him walk as a FA a few years later.

Herm's always said he believes in youth, not "old FA's"; and then he lets the youth waste on the bench, until someone gets hurt or retires, then Herm takes credit for developing that young talent.

Herm is completely full of :pooh:, if you haven't realized that after his 2 years with the Chiefs, you will soon enough.

This is ridiculous.

you know what is ridiculous? People that just say things are 'stupid' or 'ridiculous' and give no facts of their own.

DMC has never played an NFL down, Leon has played plenty. Everyone says he's too small to handle the full carrying road, but guess what? So are most backs. You don't see Marion Barber carrying 20 to 25 times a game, or even a supposed 'stud' in Maroney.

When was the last time Leon was hurt? How many 5 yard per carry seasons has leon had as apposed to the "warrior" curtis martin?

I could see Leon being the better NFL back than DMC. The only thing that differentiates one from the other is what you read about from scouts and see on youtube highlights. All i know is both are extermely fast, but Leon is a lot better at breaking tackles in the NFL than DMC is at breaking tackles in college.

Leon for Pres.

what about lamont? him running off to the raiders wasnt influenced by herm but the fact lamont was tired of being a back up to martin.

He was tired of being a back up, but the Head Coach who makes the decisions on who gets to play had no influence???

Are you by any chance Herman Edwards? This whole "its everyone's fault but Herm's" line of thinking has Herm the worm written all over it.

I could see Leon being the better NFL back than DMC. The only thing that differentiates one from the other is what you read about from scouts and see on youtube highlights. All i know is both are extermely fast, but Leon is a lot better at breaking tackles in the NFL than DMC is at breaking tackles in college.

Leon for Pres.

Iv been a huge FSU fan since before Dunn and I seen just about every game that Leon Washington played, I was excited when we drafted him in the 4th round, he was the ACC player of the year before he got injured, the kid can play

Then again, I have also watched EVERY GAME of McFadden with the Razorbacks since the middle of his freshman year, I have seen this kid rush for 300 yards, Iv seen his power, im sorry that the youtube highlights only show him blazing by opponents but its only highlights.

McFadden is by far the better runningback, as a FSU fan, I can honestly say that Leon is more of a Warrick Dunn type of back where McFadden is more of an Adrian Peterson type of back. Not only does McFadden have better speed, quickness and vision than Leon-But McFadden also has more talent and potential than Leon could ever have.

This is stupid to even argue over something like this, but I wont lie, Washington is a better kick and punt returner than McFadden

Archived