Jets Among A Few Others Most Active For Hardy

MagicBizkit87

You can call coaches all day and say how good a player is, but that doesen't mean he's on the top of your board. If we get Gholston in round 1, we MUST go CB in round 2. If we go CB in round 1 then we'll go LB in round 2. We will get a receiver in round 4(Burton, Royal, Monk etc) along with Goff with the other 4th rounder.

I do not see us getting Hardy. The only way we would think about going WR in round 2 is if Devin Thomas drops there(NOT LIKELY)

Well there is also a chance that we could trade back with the Cowboys, and get their 22nd, and 28th pick with other picks hopefully their third rounder. We could select maybe Groves, and Hardy, or the best corner on the board, and Hardy, and then a linebacker at 36. We could do many different things if we would trade back.

You can call coaches all day and say how good a player is, but that doesen't mean he's on the top of your board. If we get Gholston in round 1, we MUST go CB in round 2. If we go CB in round 1 then we'll go LB in round 2. We will get a receiver in round 4(Burton, Royal, Monk etc) along with Goff with the other 4th rounder.

I do not see us getting Hardy. The only way we would think about going WR in round 2 is if Devin Thomas drops there(NOT LIKELY)

We don't need a CB in round 1 or 2. Our CBs did fine last year and we are pretty much going into the season with the same group as Dyson was in the doghouse most of last year and did not play. A pass rush makes a secondary a lot better, thats what we need right now.

We don't need a CB in round 1 or 2. Our CBs did fine last year and we are pretty much going into the season with the same group as Dyson was in the doghouse most of last year and did not play. A pass rush makes a secondary a lot better, thats what we need right now.

Well I think we may need a CB in round 1 or 2, because Dyson not being here anymore, and the starter next to Revis right now would be Barrett.

Well I think we may need a CB in round 1 or 2, because Dyson not being here anymore, and the starter next to Revis right now would be Barrett.

If Gholston is gone, and we put Mckelvin next to Revis that is a scary combo for opposing offenses, and I forgot we also have this Rhodes guy back there as well. Even in round 2 if we take Flowers he is still a great player to put next to Revis.

Either way it's light years better than having Barret back there.

We have a better chance at getting by without Hardy on our team next year than getting by with Barret as our #2 CB. Plus we'll still get a solid WR in round 4(Burton, Royal, Monk etc)

If Gholston is gone, and we put Mckelvin next to Revis that is a scary combo for opposing offenses, and I forgot we also have this Rhodes guy back there as well. Even in round 2 if we take Flowers he is still a great player to put next to Revis.

Either way it's light years better than having Barret back there.

We have a better chance at getting by without Hardy on our team next year than getting by with Barret as our #2 CB. Plus we'll still get a solid WR in round 4(Burton, Royal, Monk etc)

I would love having Revis, and McKelvin as our starting corners for next season, it would make Barrett the slot corner, and hopefully eventually Miller would take over his spot. I still don't understand why we kept Barrett, and got rid of Poteat.

Dyson isn't here for a reason. He was worse than Barret and Coleman last season, he rarely played. We also have Miller back from injury and Mangini talked him up all summer saying how much progress he made.

Dyson isn't here for a reason. He was worse than Barret and Coleman last season, he rarely played. We also have Miller back from injury and Mangini talked him up all summer saying how much progress he made.

Mangini talked him up? Kiss of death.

Or if we traded for Dallas's first's. Then you could go WR, LB, and CB in whatever order the bpa was.

I would love to get Curtis Lofton ILB with the 36th pick. Him and Harris next to each other would be amazing. Trading with Dallas would be my perfect scenario. Grabbing whichever corner falls at 22, John Stewart at 28. Lofton at 36. Then with the 2 4ths grab Marcus Monk and Josh Barrett SS.

I would love to get Curtis Lofton ILB with the 36th pick. Him and Harris next to each other would be amazing. Trading with Dallas would be my perfect scenario. Grabbing whichever corner falls at 22, John Stewart at 28. Lofton at 36. Then with the 2 4ths grab Marcus Monk and Josh Barrett SS.

NO! Groves at 28;) then Avril at 36(If not there go WR). with the 2 4th's just take John Goff, and a OL for depth(If we get Avril at 36 then go WR instead of OL)

Goff next to Harris>>>>>> Lofton next to Harris

NO! Groves at 28;) then Avril at 36(If not there go WR). with the 2 4th's just take John Goff, and a OL for depth(If we get Avril at 36 then go WR instead of OL)

Goff next to Harris>>>>>> Lofton next to Harris

Why would you take Groves and Avril when we already have Thomas, Pace and Bowens?

Why would you take Groves and Avril when we already have Thomas, Pace and Bowens?

You can never have enough pass rushers plus...

Groves and Avril would take Thomas, and Bowens spots. And then we would have Thomas, and Bowens as our depth guys.

It will work in the long run;)

I'll love to have this STUD!

He's worth trading up for.

We don't have a lot to trade up with. If we dont trade with Dallas, but we want a second first rounder for Hardy we'll have t give up our second, and probably both 4ths.

It won't be worth it.

Considering he actually seemed upset when he announced Miller was out for the season I doubt it. Everyone who saw him during Training camp said he definitely improved.

Mangini seeming upset that Miller was out for the season proves what?

It kind of proves that maybe he doesn't suck as much as a corner that we think... lol

That would be incredible. He certainly has the tools to be great. And he definitely showed something last year. I hope it works out. I just dont see Mangini thinking much about Miller at this point in the draft planning.

Umm, Devin Thomas is actually projected to go in round 3, but okay.

Also, who says we cant go CB and WR in the 1st two rounds and LB in round 4?

Or we could also go WR LB in 1 and 2 and CB in a later round.

I dont see how you can rule out a certain position, especially since we dont know what is going to be available...

Umm, Devin Thomas is actually projected to go in round 3, but okay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/melkiper/index

Mel's Big Board

Player Yr. Pos. School Chg.

1. Darren McFadden Jr. RB Arkansas

2. Matt Ryan Sr. QB Boston College

3. Glenn Dorsey Sr. DT LSU

4. Chris Long Sr. DE Virginia

5. Sedrick Ellis Sr. DT USC

6. Vernon Gholston Jr. DE Ohio St.

7. Jake Long Sr. OT Michigan

8. Ryan Clady Jr. OT Boise St.

9. Phillip Merling Jr. DE Clemson

10. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Sr. CB Tennessee St.

11. Rashard Mendenhall Jr. RB Illinois

12. Chris Williams Sr. OT Vanderbilt

13. Leodis McKelvin Sr. CB Troy

14. Felix Jones Jr. RB Arkansas

15. Jerod Mayo Jr. LB Tennessee

16. Jeff Otah Sr. OT Pittsburgh

17. Keith Rivers Sr. LB USC

18. Branden Albert Jr. OG Virginia

19. Derrick Harvey Jr. DE Florida

20. Kentwan Balmer Sr. DT North Carolina

21. Aqib Talib Jr. CB Kansas

22. Malcolm Kelly Jr. WR Oklahoma