Brian Bannister

Matt39

I watched the game today and he was brilliant.

I still make the same trade at the time without blinking.

I didnt like the trade when we made it and i dont like it any better now.

I thought at the time Bannister was a 4th/5th starter, but he was worth more than Burgos who flamed out in KC.

Burgos is a younger version of Armando Benitez. I really dont expect him to get better, but i am hoping and praying he does.

I can understand why Omar made the trade at the time. With Pelfry and Humber coming up, and Maine and Perez already here, along with Glavine and El Duque, and Pedro maybe coming back by late Summer, he figured he had an extra young arm to trade. He gambled that the kid who could throw 100 MPH would be another "10 minute repair job" by Peterson.

And, like Zambrano, it did not work out, at least not yet.

I can understand why Omar made the trade at the time. With Pelfry and Humber coming up, and Maine and Perez already here, along with Glavine and El Duque, and Pedro maybe coming back by late Summer, he figured he had an extra young arm to trade. He gambled that the kid who could throw 100 MPH would be another "10 minute repair job" by Peterson.

And, like Zambrano, it did not work out, at least not yet.

I understand what Omar was thinking too.

Bannister is white.

:P

seriously, i do understand his thinking, I just didnt agree with it. And still dont. And now what do we have left for pitching in the minors? Niese?

I understand what Omar was thinking too.

Bannister is white.

:P

seriously, i do understand his thinking, I just didnt agree with it. And still dont. And now what do we have left for pitching in the minors? Niese?

why doesn't Omar make trades for white players?

Archived