Authentic Jets Jerseys

GreenScreen313

Okay guys, I need help from some of you experienced jersey buyers. I am 25 yrs old and want my first authentic Jets jersey. I bought a Curtis Martin (martin.gif) one from ebay a few years ago, but had to send it back because it looked like a nightgown on me. I currently wear a fading, replica, Wayne Chrebet Jersey, which I will still wear if I'm ever playing some football with buddies. But I want an authentic for watching games and wearing out to the discoteque.

I know there are a few different brands that claim "authentic" along with different sizes for each. I need someone to break those down for me if possible. The ones I would consider getting, in no particular order are Pennington, Revis and Harris. Thanks

Okay guys, I need help from some of you experienced jersey buyers. I am 25 yrs old and want my first authentic Jets jersey. I bought a Curtis Martin (martin.gif) one from ebay a few years ago, but had to send it back because it looked like a nightgown on me. I currently wear a fading, replica, Wayne Chrebet Jersey, which I will still wear if I'm ever playing some football with buddies. But I want an authentic for watching games and wearing out to the discoteque.

I know there are a few different brands that claim "authentic" along with different sizes for each. I need someone to break those down for me if possible. The ones I would consider getting, in no particular order are Pennington, Revis and Harris. Thanks

Id go with Revis or, preferably Harris. Reebok is the best and the only place I'll get my jerseys for current players. Im not sure your body size, so I can't give you any advice on size, just keep in mind jerseys are bigger than a normal t-shirt.

Id go with Revis or, preferably Harris. Reebok is the best and the only place I'll get my jerseys for current players. Im not sure your body size, so I can't give you any advice on size, just keep in mind jerseys are bigger than a normal t-shirt.

i'm tall and thin, so football jerseys generally look pretty bad on me, but what do i care?

i'm tall and thin, so football jerseys generally look pretty bad on me, but what do i care?

I'd say M or L then, you can always add a couple inches with the "extra long" option if it's too short.

whats the standard price for an authentic? Do you get it at the reebok store?

$100 usually. If you're up in the New York area, I know 124 has said Modell's has them on sell, even though you wont be able to get Revis or Harris. Otherwise go to reebok.com or if you have a reebok store around you they will get one for ya.

I think I might be able to help here. I've bought numerous authentics over the years. Here is the skinny. Authentic Jersey's are only made by reebok, or mitchell and ness if it is a throwback. Authentic jersey's are not sized small, medium, large etc. They are sized by numbers like 46, 50, 52, 56, etc. Many places claim to sell authentics but they are selling replithentics(not truly authentic). Most Authentics retail upwards of $200 per jersey. To get a true to form authentic only purchase from a very reputable source. There are many knockoffs out there, mostly on ebay. A lot of jerseys on ebay will be "authentic" but they are actually purchased as a blank jersey and a sew kit that the seller puts together. These jersey's while official can be of very shoddy quality when it comes to the stitch work that is done. It's tough finding a true authentic jersey for less than $200, but it can be done. You just have to know what you're looking for. If you don't mind shelling out some bucks, do yourself a favor and get an authentic from a reputable store. This is close to the best time of year to buy, however march is really the best month to find the deals on nfl apparel, the closer we get to the draft the more the jersey's will cost.

Hope this helps.

I think I might be able to help here. I've bought numerous authentics over the years. Here is the skinny. Authentic Jersey's are only made by reebok, or mitchell and ness if it is a throwback. Authentic jersey's are not sized small, medium, large etc. They are sized by numbers like 46, 50, 52, 56, etc. Many places claim to sell authentics but they are selling replithentics(not truly authentic). Most Authentics retail upwards of $200 per jersey. To get a true to form authentic only purchase from a very reputable source. There are many knockoffs out there, mostly on ebay. A lot of jerseys on ebay will be "authentic" but they are actually purchased as a blank jersey and a sew kit that the seller puts together. These jersey's while official can be of very shoddy quality when it comes to the stitch work that is done. It's tough finding a true authentic jersey for less than $200, but it can be done. You just have to know what you're looking for. If you don't mind shelling out some bucks, do yourself a favor and get an authentic from a reputable store. This is close to the best time of year to buy, however march is really the best month to find the deals on nfl apparel, the closer we get to the draft the more the jersey's will cost.

Hope this helps.

thanks man!

and why is that?

nothing personal i just think people should wear their body type. What position would be yours?

it makes me crazy when some 350 pound fella is wearing a single digit QB's number. the tiny number 7 in the middle of this obese chest with man boobs. some people need three digits!

I also think throwback is the only way to go, if you get a current player you will get burned.

nothing personal i just think people should wear their body type. What position would be yours?

it makes me crazy when some 350 pound fella is wearing a single digit QB's number. the tiny number 7 in the middle of this obese chest with man boobs. some people need three digits!

I also think throwback is the only way to go, if you get a current player you will get burned.

I know people get burned often, but I'd like to wear Pennington. Mostly cause I'll be a fan of the guy whether he is on the Jets, another team or retired. He's just the man. Revis and Harris have a really good chance at being on the team a while, since they were drafted by this regime and all. I wouldn't buy a Rhodes, for example, even though he rocks.

If you're a little guy, go with Revis or like bitoni said, a throwback player such as Al Toon, Wesley Walker or Joe Namath.

Authentics run from $210-$250 depending on your size.. for the Jets that is.

So you mean if I were that little kid, I couldn't wear Mean Joe's jersey?

This sounds like very good advice greenscreen.

I got a Pennington I can sell you! I actually bought it kind of a small size though, I believe it's a 48. I have a 52 Charles Woodson Raiders authentic too. You can try the Pennington on first if you want. PM me or whatever.

Archived