Chris Mortenson just said......

NYJETS3233

Look at the Ravens and pats game last year. The Ravens took the Pats to the brink of losing...the ravens sucked last year, hell a second year QB with no defense almost beat them in week two! The ravens emotions were so high after that game the following week the lost to the zero win dolphins.

you think one loss had nothing to do with the other? I'm not sure who the Ravens played in the 2nd week following the Patriots and Phins, but you can bet those back to back losses played a signifcant role.

I'm not trying to back Mort in saying that 4 weeks after a week two loss to a nearly undfeated team will send them into a tail spin, but it will be very hard for the jets to get up for the following game (cardinals i believe) after a huge division match up.

Lost in all this is that the Ravens just weren't very good. Their OL was in shambles for much of the year. So was Heap. They had no QB. They traded away their veteran FB for a rookie (who I think will be a good one, but as a rookie he's a downgrade from Bennie). McGahee is a good back but that cannot be your entire offense.

On defense they were very hot & cold. They looked like at times they could be dominant & at times they just flat-out sucked.

And then their HC got fired for it all.

My point is, barring some luck they weren't going to be very good anyway over the course of the whole season. Combine that with lots of injuries and you end up with what they ended up being. I seriously don't believe that one early loss doomed their season.

Lost in all this is that the Ravens just weren't very good. Their OL was in shambles for much of the year. So was Heap. They had no QB. They traded away their veteran FB for a rookie (who I think will be a good one, but as a rookie he's a downgrade from Bennie). McGahee is a good back but that cannot be your entire offense.

On defense they were very hot & cold. They looked like at times they could be dominant & at times they just flat-out sucked.

And then their HC got fired for it all.

My point is, barring some luck they weren't going to be very good anyway over the course of the whole season. Combine that with lots of injuries and you end up with what they ended up being. I seriously don't believe that one early loss doomed their season.

You're right, the Ravens weren't very good but when they took the Pats to nearly the end of their perfect season, it explains perfectly why they lost the following week to Miami. They were riding an extreme emotional let down. My point is not that the Patriots game effected two week's following the loss, but it most definatly DID effect the Miami loss.

Baltimore should not have been even close to winning against the Pats, but since they were, IMO, that is the exact reason they lost to Miami. Had the Ravens been blown out by the Patriots, as was expected, i guarantee (as stupid as that sounds since there is no way to prove it) they'd have beaten Miami the following week.

Losses add up and play mind tricks on you. There isn't much of an argument here because you are right about a game four weeks prior not effecting a team directly but it would effect that team if they lost all four of those weeks.

I'd have to think if we beat the Pats week 2, we will be fighting it out for the division

At least that is what I'd like to believe

If they beat the Pats week two, and that is a monster IF, they shuld be in a fight for the division.

If they have a solid running game, and play good defense, I don't see why not. Of course this is still mid April and I can say that.

If they beat the Pats week two, and that is a monster IF, they shuld be in a fight for the division.

If they have a solid running game, and play good defense, I don't see why not. Of course this is still mid April and I can say that.

If we draft Ellis or Dorsey and either player can play a legit LDE, i think our chances go up much higher for an early season win against New England. With a Dline a defense can do anything, i don't even think sutton could mess it up if he walked into a solid 3 man pass rush.

Archived