Chris Mortenson just said......

NYJETS3233

that week 2 Pats at Jets is the cant miss game of the 2008 NFL Season. He says that last years game set the tone for each team's seasons. And that the Jets need to win this one to set the tone for their new season. And of course because of all the spygate talk too. He talked about how we were a playoff team two years ago and we made some substantial moves this offseason(jenkins,pace, faneca) I agree with him.Your thoughts?

that week 2 Pats at Jets is the cant miss game of the 2008 NFL Season. He says that last years game set the tone for each team's seasons. And that the Jets need to win this one to set the tone for their new season. And of course because of all the spygate talk too. He talked about how we were a playoff team two years ago and we made some substantial moves this offseason(jenkins,pace, faneca) I agree with him.Your thoughts?

I don't agree. It's only the 2nd game of the season and I fully expect both teams to come into the game 1-0.

Nonsense, Mort. They played after Spygate already. Game 2 of next season. Nothing else.

Forget Spygate, Its a division rival that has been kicking our ass and they're consider the "Elite" of the league. Don't know about you, but I'm tired of getting swept by these guys and I wanna compete for the division.

Saying that a game in week 2 is so friggin' important that it will definitely affect the next 14 games is so utterly stupid. Didn't the Giants start 0-2 and then go on to win the superbowl?

What idiocy.

Exactly.

Saying that a game in week 2 is so friggin' important that it will definitely affect the next 14 games is so utterly stupid. Didn't the Giants start 0-2 and then go on to win the superbowl?

What idiocy.

great point sperm. i also rely little on what mortensen has to say. you play football games one week at a time and try to win every week. week 2 is week 2, just like week 16 is week 16. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

This is stupid, Week 2 will not affect everything or be anywhere near as important as say two wild card teams vying in weeks 15-17 for that final playoff spot, or two teams going at it for home field. This is nonsense.

As a Jets, or a Patriots fan it is important, but nowhere near the must-see game of 2008.

great point sperm. i also rely little on what mortensen has to say. you play football games one week at a time and try to win every week. week 2 is week 2, just like week 16 is week 16. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

Well really. Does anyone honestly think that 3 games later the Jets (or Patriots) would still be sulking about a week 2 loss, causing them to lose game after game? I wish my JN mod powers extended to ESPN so I could ban Mortensen.

I want to see what Billicheat can do without his Billicheating scam.

I want to see what Billicheat can do without his Billicheating scam.

18 wins and 1 loss. No videotaping in 2007 after the 1st quarter of the opening game.

Let me guess your comeback....."The Pats didn't win the Super Bowl"

At least they have been to the Super Bowl 6 times.

Well really. Does anyone honestly think that 3 games later the Jets (or Patriots) would still be sulking about a week 2 loss, causing them to lose game after game? I wish my JN mod powers extended to ESPN so I could ban Mortensen.

=D> That would be great

so based on this, is week 4 week 4?;)

hey at least mort didn't bury us & mentioned some good offseason upgrades

not if you only lost that one week but if you lost all three weeks, then yes. If you've ever been a part of a losing streak or a hitting slump you start to question weather you and/or your team belong. Second guessing takes place, and it sometimes takes a while to get out of it.

not if you only lost that one week but if you lost all three weeks, then yes. If you've ever been a part of a losing streak or a hitting slump you start to question weather you and/or your team belong. Second guessing takes place, and it sometimes takes a while to get out of it.

If these guys go into a funk just because they lost a single game to a team that went 18-0 the prior year (and narrowly lost the superbowl), then they weren't going to win dick anyway.

If these guys go into a funk just because they lost a single game to a team that went 18-0 the prior year (and narrowly lost the superbowl), then they weren't going to win dick anyway.

I agree

If the whole season is lost because the team lost heart over a week 2 loss, to the second best team in Pro Football, then Mangini needs to be replaced.

I like Mangini and think he will be an excellent coach. IMO, if anything, there is more pressure on the Pats to win this game.

Look at the Ravens and pats game last year. The Ravens took the Pats to the brink of losing...the ravens sucked last year, hell a second year QB with no defense almost beat them in week two! The ravens emotions were so high after that game the following week the lost to the zero win dolphins.

you think one loss had nothing to do with the other? I'm not sure who the Ravens played in the 2nd week following the Patriots and Phins, but you can bet those back to back losses played a signifcant role.

I'm not trying to back Mort in saying that 4 weeks after a week two loss to a nearly undfeated team will send them into a tail spin, but it will be very hard for the jets to get up for the following game (cardinals i believe) after a huge division match up.

18 wins and 1 loss. No videotaping in 2007 after the 1st quarter of the opening game.

Attending a SB and being a 4-12 team carries the same result.

No Ring = Don't care.

While it's not a make or break game (at that point anyway), it's still very important for the Jets.

Let's face it..we are to the Patriots what the Dolphins are to us. You can't tell me the players won't be amped to go out and beat "The NFL's" team. Not to mention, the Jets didn't play half bad against NE up in ****sboro.

Beating the Pats in week 2 would only be a great boost to the teams psyche, and could propel them in to that Monday night game with loads of confidence.

We can't be the red-headed step child forever!

At least we haven't lost a Super Bowl :P

Archived