Jets return to Shea for one night only, Monday, April 28

Lil Bit Special

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20080417&content_id=2541557&vkey=pr_nym&fext=.jsp&c_id=nym

Klecko, Walker, Buttle, and Super Bowl III Champions Beverly and Schmitt join Mets in commemorating 20 Jets seasons at Shea

Pre-game Ceremonies, in-game programming, fan photos with 1969 Jets and Mets World Championship trophies, promo giveaways, JetsFest and visit by Jets Flight Crew highlight Jets final return to Shea; Tickets start at $5; Special Jets Season Ticket Holder pre-game meet-and-greet with former Jets as Mets and Jets Foundation Fundraiser in picnic area; Tickets are $20

FLUSHING -- The New York Mets and New York Jets today announced that former Jets Pro Bowlers Joe Klecko, Wesley Walker, Jets Linebacker Legend Greg Buttle, and Super Bowl III Champions Randy Beverly and John Schmitt will return to Shea Stadium on Jets Night at Shea, Monday, April 28 when the Mets host the Pittsburgh Pirates.

The Jets appearance at Shea, one day after the NFL Draft, commemorates the team's 20 seasons in Queens.

The Mets will salute their former Shea housemates - both teams won World Championships in 1969 -during an on-field, pre-game ceremony including the first pitch and the Shea Countdown of games to be played at Shea in its final season, appropriately Game 69; in-game video programming; and the opportunity for fans to have their photos taken with both the Mets' and Jets' 1969 World Championship trophies.

The New York Jets Flight Crew will be on hand with the Jets' traveling, interactive JetsFest adjacent to Shea and join Mr. Met and the Pepsi Party Patrol for various promotions and giveaways throughout the game.

Tickets start at $5 and are on sale now at Mets.com and LosMets.com.

In addition, Jets Season Ticket Holders will have the opportunity to mingle with former Jets players at a special pre-game meet-and-greet in Shea's Picnic Area. A portion of the proceeds from sale of $20 tickets to the pre-game event will be distributed to area charities through the Mets Foundation and the New York Jets Foundation. T

oday's announcement follows Tuesday's 45th anniversary of the naming of New York's American Football League upstart franchise to the Jets from the Titans.

The Jets last played at Shea in 1983 before moving to the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, N.J. Both the Mets and Jets are constructing new facilities. Citi Field, the new Mets home, will open in 2009; the New Meadowlands Stadium is scheduled to open in 2010.

I was talking to my brother about the Jets schedule. (he's a Cowboys fan, but likes the Jets 2nd) and he mentioned the 2nd to last game vs Miami, and I said, where is it? He says "at Shea". I was like WHAT? That is so cool, one last game at Shea for old times sake!! He goes, oh no I mean Giants stadium. Darn it!!

I was talking to my brother about the Jets schedule. (he's a Cowboys fan, but likes the Jets 2nd) and he mentioned the 2nd to last game vs Miami, and I said, where is it? He says "at Shea". I was like WHAT? That is so cool, one last game at Shea for old times sake!! He goes, oh no I mean Giants stadium. Darn it!!

The JETS open & close the season against Miami ,so it`s not the second to last game ,& the original post in this thread says this event takes place April 28th the Day after the Sun. draft day. The JETS should have put the JET vs. Wash. home Pre-season game there ,this would have given some interest to this preseason game..

Archived