For all the people that want the Jets to "intentionaly lose" to get a better draft..b

GIJet

You see firsthand how it sucks sometimes to get the #1 overall...

If there was a clear cut franchise QB Miami would have jumped all over him, but there wasn't..

As a result they took the "safe" pick, and landed a LT for 30 million guaranteed, and with more money allocated per year than Jamarcus Russell..

Top 5 picks are nothing more than risky free agent signings...

Hell it would have been cheaper to sign and trade for Walter Jones 3 years ago..

Two years ago when the Jets had the #4 pick in the draft, I told my friends that they shouldn't pick anybody.... The player they choose will not live up to the contract..

Two drafts later.... Is D'Brick worth the contract he got? No... Will he ever be? Doesn't look like it...

You see firsthand how it sucks sometimes to get the #1 overall...

If there was a clear cut franchise QB Miami would have jumped all over him, but there wasn't..

As a result they took the "safe" pick, and landed a LT for 30 million guaranteed, and with more money allocated per year than Jamarcus Russell..

Top 5 picks are nothing more than risky free agent signings...

Hell it would have been cheaper to sign and trade for Walter Jones 3 years ago..

Two years ago when the Jets had the #4 pick in the draft, I told my friends that they shouldn't pick anybody.... The player they choose will not live up to the contract..

Two drafts later.... Is D'Brick worth the contract he got? No... Will he ever be? Doesn't look like it...

D'Brick is a solid player and still young. with this new line you have he should have help from veterans woody and faneca.

D'Brick is a solid player and still young. with this new line you have he should have help from veterans woody and faneca.

Your correct d'Brick is a solid player.

The question he asked is Has he lived up to his contract. The answer is no

Your correct d'Brick is a solid player.

The question he asked is Has he lived up to his contract. The answer is no

my only problem is the expectations for 1st rounders is really high. you think that a guard will come in and match shields or a lt will come in and dominate like roaf. saying that i dont think 1st rounders deserve huge money until they have proven themselves and in a year or two if they have give them a new contract.

I disagree. He had a very good rookie season, next to Kendall, and even drew praises from that dancer guy, Jayson Taylor.

And I'd say he handled all that was asked of him last season, but the o-line plays as a unit ... so if fulfilling the worthiness of his contract means doing the job of 1.5 linemen then I guess he hasn't earned it.

But I don't think it does.

:Nuts:

And now Jake Long gets to prove if he's worth being the highest paid O lineman in the league. Talk about pressure. :biggrin:

Yep. In my eyes, he'd be the only justifiable player for the Jets to move up for. I think he's the only sure thing in the top five and I'd love if he would have been our right tackle. Alas.

Yeah this might be a deep draft but the talent at say the top 5 isn't THAT much better than the talent at #20 IMO. The quality at the top, as I see it, just isn't there.

Archived