Is Curt Schilling washed up?

Green Jets & Ham

Seriously, you have to begin to wonder

I mean, when was the last time Curt Schilling had like a 7 ERA?

When was the last time he could not seem to pitch an inning of baseball, maybe an inning plus, without surrendering at least one run on an almost routine basis?

Hey, the man is approaching 40 ... which doesn't always equate to being done, but when that age is accompanied by the type of performance/results you are getting from Curt Schilling nowdays, it does have to make you wonder?

It is entirely possible that age and injury {see Kevin Brown} has finally caught up to John Wayne Franklin

I think pitching in general is getting washed up.

The top pitchers in the league are 40+ and the list keeps growing.

Where's the next phenom?

Maddox, Schilling, Clemens, Wells, Johnson, etc...are all HOFers, but we need some new blood in the majors.

Nah.

But I dont think the red sox will be seeing curt schilling from last season. Maybe he can come back strong next season, but right now he looks like total crap and it wouldnt surprise me to learn that he has reinjured his ankle.

The Red Sox may be willing to give up Bronson Arroyo, Kevin Youkilis and Kelly Shoppach in exchange for Billy Wagner, according to the Boston Herald.

That's too high of a price to pay for a closer, but it's a seller's market right now. Because he feels he could go to the Red Sox, White Sox or another team, Billy Wagner is traveling with extra clothes and extra suitcases on the Phillies' current road trip. Jul. 29 - 2:13 pm et

Source: Boston Herald

If Schilling can go back to starting this is not a bad deal.

Don't know much about the prospect, Shoppach.

The Red Sox may be willing to give up Bronson Arroyo, Kevin Youkilis and Kelly Shoppach in exchange for Billy Wagner, according to the Boston Herald.

That's too high of a price to pay for a closer, but it's a seller's market right now. Because he feels he could go to the Red Sox, White Sox or another team, Billy Wagner is traveling with extra clothes and extra suitcases on the Phillies' current road trip. Jul. 29 - 2:13 pm et

Source: Boston Herald

If Schilling can go back to starting this is not a bad deal.

Don't know much about the prospect, Shoppach.

Shoppach is a pretty good catching prospect. Problem is, he's like 26 and won't be able to oust Varitek.

Archived