3g iphone

joebabyny

yes they do, you just don't know how to use them, and instead of learning would rather waste mucho dinero to make it as easy for them as it would be for a 90 year old whose technological prowess goes about as far as a solar powered calculator.

That's the funny thing. They are absolutely no easier to use. There is nothing about them that is easier to use than a PC. My brother has a Mac that I use all the time. It's the same damn thing. You have to click programs to open them. Tell it what you want it to do with a device that was hooked up to it, and lord knows I've seen that never ending pinwheel enough times to make me sick. It's the same damn thing unless you are a video editor or graphic designer, which 98% of the population is not. While they sit there and tell you how uncool I am with my PC, they have still yet to tell me one valid reason why I should spend more money and buy one. Nope, they'll just run back to the ridiculous virus/spyware scare tactics. Boo!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the funny thing. They are absolutely no easier to use. There is nothing about them that is easier to use than a PC. My brother has a Mac that I use all the time. It's the same damn thing. You have to click programs to open them. Tell it what you want it to do with a device that was hooked up to it, and lord knows I've seen that never ending pinwheel enough times to make me sick. It's the same damn thing unless you are a video editor or graphic designer, which 98% of the population is not. While they sit there and tell you how uncool I am with my PC, they have still yet to tell me one valid reason why I should spend more money and buy one. Nope, they'll just run back to the ridiculous virus/spyware scare tactics. Boo!!

i honestly wouldn't know as i can pick up anything and figure out how to use it in five minutes. i only say it is easier, because thats what i have heard from those that still can't program a digital clock on a microwave. i didn't find them easier either, but i figured i wouldn't be the best to ask on that subject.

i don't do a whole lot, but i have done some, on my 3-4 year old 512 mb emachines from walmart :)

still...no problems?! what the hell, i thought you could only edit video on a mac, i have NO IDEA how i got it to work.

What program you use?, Windows video maker?

My guess is you don't do much video editing. :)

BZ

What are you making movies for Pixar entertainment? For home movies, I use Roxio Studio 9. I can make DVD's with chapters, subtitles, commentary, visual effects, audio/song overlays, video or picture backgrounds within each subfolder, hell, I can make a DVD as good as what you buy in the stores in terms of how you go from chapter to chapter and what it looks like. As far as picture quality, it's only as good as the camera, as is a Mac. If I were Martin Scorcese with a HD camera I'd be making very good DVD's. But let's not let facts get in the way of your coolness.

i honestly wouldn't know as i can pick up anything and figure out how to use it in five minutes. i only say it is easier, because thats what i have heard from those that still can't program a digital clock on a microwave. i didn't find them easier either, but i figured i wouldn't be the best to ask on that subject.

I guess you just basically summed up who the Mac users really are and why they buy them. ;)

Keep it coming, it distracts your cool Mac user friends from the fact you haven't used one valid fact to defend your baseless claims.

We are still waiting for you to figure out the differences in the Intel chipset.

Text us when you have.

BZ

We are still waiting for you to figure out the differences in the Intel chipset.

Text us when you have.

BZ

Whatever man, you know damn well it's not worth $1700 more unless you're an idiot. You and your Mac posse keep on spreading the "truth" brother.

:imnotgay:

Whatever man, you know damn well it's not worth $1700 more unless you're an idiot. You and your Mac posse keep on spreading the "truth" brother.

:imnotgay:

All people are stupid and need to spend their money on something.

also I want one of these new iphones, but I have t-mobile for the next year. How easy is it to unlock on of these bad boys?

All people are stupid and need to spend their money on something.

also I want one of these new iphones, but I have t-mobile for the next year. How easy is it to unlock on of these bad boys?

Check out Ziphone, this only works for the older model. If you wanna get the 3G you'll have to wait until its unlocked

Sure. But nobody "just uses email and web" and that is why I love helping people buy a Mac.

My MIL (Mother in Law) came to me about a computer a few years ago and "just wanted to do email and surfing" but we got her a Mac because of all it could do in the future. Today, she using iPhoto with her digital camera, is hooked up to .Mac, burns DVDs for people and downloads songs from iTunes.

If you get a cheapo PC, the minute you want to try and do something else, you are going to be stuck. The minute someone gives you an iPod or a digital camera or video camera. You won't be able to edit those files, upload them or watch movies on DVD.

At that point the crippled PC with a crippled and buggy OS that doesn't come with the full suite of applications to do a wide variety of stuff well become just waste of money.

BZ

That isn't true. I get your point and believe me I am not a Microsoft guy. I hate them as much as the next person. I am glad Vista is such a joke. They deserve it.

That being said you guys overstate a lot of the problems imo and make it a cartoon or look like the commercials you have been watching.

Hooking a digital camera up to a PC is not hard. I agree the who video experience is probably easier on a Mac. But you make it sound like it is impossibly to watch a movie on a PC. Or upload pictures etc.

I get where you are going but you guys also have to understand that you are overstating things often times.

I have a hard time believing that an emachine with only 512ram, possibly shared, runs like new. 512 is like the minimum to run Xp with very little programs installed. You are running autocad and theres no performance hit on only 512? I don't believe it.

I have never run autocad on this PC. But I have a 3 year old XP box that I have done a lot of work on. Website stuff, several utilities running at the same time, etc and have never had a single problem.

Or lucky.

Or your computer is one of the thousands out there that is connected to the internet, running windows has been hacked and is being used a drone to send out spam and do DOS attacks without you knowing.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/spam3.htm

BZ

You don't think people can write that stuff for the Mac? We had a similar thing happen here on the JN Box (Unix). All I heard for years is how Unix was the best.

It happens, when someone wants to attack you they will.

Boozer... you are delusional at best.

You lost me right along the lines of trying to compare Mac users to Bush.

Time for your afternoon nap.

BZ

I might have to bring back the report this post button. I think that was a personal attack.

Text us when you have.

BZ

Text us? Is that what you Mac guys are using these days? Wow that is SO 2004.

Hey Boozer when you have your final answer Twitter us. Thanks.

:rl:

The 3G will be much harder to gift/unlock it because you have to activate it in the Apple store you buy it at during the transaction. So there are going to be some huge lines in the Apple store downtown soon.

activate it? can't I just say that I have a plan already and just want the phone? lol, all this is too complicated for me. I just need a new cell phone because the one I got for free a year ago is shot.

activate it? can't I just say that I have a plan already and just want the phone? lol, all this is too complicated for me. I just need a new cell phone because the one I got for free a year ago is shot.

Nope, with the iPhone 3G you have to get a new plan for it, that you must buy the second you buy the iPhone. They're doing that to cut down on the amount of people unlocking the iPhone. I wonder how the whole situation will work in certain countries, like Brazil, where they force every phone to be unlocked, no matter what.

Nope, with the iPhone 3G you have to get a new plan for it, that you must buy the second you buy the iPhone. They're doing that to cut down on the amount of people unlocking the iPhone. I wonder how the whole situation will work in certain countries, like Brazil, where they force every phone to be unlocked, no matter what.

**** it, I'll get something else that is equally as useless but aesthetically pleasing.

Archived