What changes would you make with the Yankees?

MagicBizkit87

Call-up to Majors:

J.B. Cox

Chris Britton

Brett Gardner

Scott Patterson

to the DL:

Ian Kennedy

Send down to Minors:

Ross Ohlendorf

Designate for assignment:

LaTroy Hawkins

Morgan Ensberg

When Posada comes back:

send Chad Moehler back to AAA

Call up to AAA:

Mark Melancon (for 5-10 innings, then to Majors)

Bullpen:

J.B Cox - 6th-7th-8th inning guy

Mark Melancon - 8th inning guy, can be used in mop-up role

Kyle Farnsworth 6th-7th inning guy

Edwar Ramirez - 7th inning guy

Mariano Rivera - Closer

Chris Britton - use when losing or winning big

Scott Patterson - same as britton, unless he turns out like Edwar.

Rotation:

Wang

Pettitte

Mussina

Rasner

Joba

I'd make some offensive changes as well.

;-)

Yeah, thats why I've got Morgan Ensberg DFA'd as well, and I have Brett Gardner, fastest guy probably on this team moving on up.

Too bad this front office is too stupid to realize that we're right that the better players are in the minors (Melancon, Cox, Gardner, Britton) then (LaToilet, Ohlendwarf, Ensberg) - sorry dont have a good nickname for ensberg, other then a jewish joke, and I don't wanna say that on here... lol

Yeah, thats why I've got Morgan Ensberg DFA'd as well, and I have Brett Gardner, fastest guy probably on this team moving on up.

Too bad this front office is too stupid to realize that we're right that the better players are in the minors (Melancon, Cox, Gardner, Britton) then (LaToilet, Ohlendwarf, Ensberg) - sorry dont have a good nickname for ensberg, other then a jewish joke, and I don't wanna say that on here... lol

I dont think Ensbergs Jewish actually...

For starters...

Fire Cashman, gag and kidnap, Hank and Hal, stop the Joba experiment immediately!!!

There are 3 or 4 good pitchers out there that will be or are already available, get 1 or 2 of them.

Would you mind telling who they would be and if we wouldn't have to give up an arm and a leg to get them? Thank God you're not running this team; the Joba "experiment" is the absolute right thing to do.

Would you mind telling who they would be and if we wouldn't have to give up an arm and a leg to get them? Thank God you're not running this team; the Joba "experiment" is the absolute right thing to do.
I'm glad your crystal ball tells you that, I admitt I could not compare in team running with a guy who sees the future.

Only time will tell on Joba, so far it cost us, and we already know he is lights out as the set up guy/future closer role, but that is my take a mear mortal with no crystal ball.

As for the pichers these guys will be avaialble June/July CC Sabathia, Sheets, and Bronson Arroyo.

Blanton or Harden are available right now, as for how much they wil cost, again I don't have a crystal ball, I'll leave that to you.

I'm glad your crystal ball tells you that, I admitt I could not compare in team running with a guy who sees the future.

Only time will tell on Joba, so far it cost us, and we already know he is lights out as the set up guy/future closer role, but that is my take a mear mortal with no crystal ball.

As for the pichers these guys will be avaialble June/July CC Sabathia, Sheets, and Bronson Arroyo.

Blanton or Harden are available right now, as for how much they wil cost, again I don't have a crystal ball, I'll leave that to you.

Stop the sarcasm. You really do a bad job at that and it's just annoying.

What has moving Joba cost us? It did NOT cost us last night, because Joba would've already pitched in Farnsworth's spot. So when has it cost us? You really think Joba will have more of an impact on 70 innings a year rather than 200?

Arroyo is horrible and unless the Indians and Brewers are completely out of it by then, they will not be available. I have a hard time believing Harden and Blanton are even available since the A's are doing so well, not to mention what it would take to get them. You don't need a crystal ball to know that Billy Beane completely murders the other team on trades.

Stop the sarcasm. You really do a bad job at that and it's just annoying.

What has moving Joba cost us? It did NOT cost us last night, because Joba would've already pitched in Farnsworth's spot. So when has it cost us? You really think Joba will have more of an impact on 70 innings a year rather than 200?

Arroyo is horrible and unless the Indians and Brewers are completely out of it by then, they will not be available. I have a hard time believing Harden and Blanton are even available since the A's are doing so well, not to mention what it would take to get them. You don't need a crystal ball to know that Billy Beane completely murders the other team on trades.

Look you were the one who came across as all knowing.

What difference does it make if Joba pitches 200 innigs and the bullpen blows his starts and everybody else's, wake up the bullpen sucks and Joba can pitch in back to back games now, who you kidding.

I think this move is stupid, and I think right now they have now choice which is also a stupid position to be in, but I hated Cashman and all his moves for years.

As for the pichers I named 5 you shot down one, like Aroyo is worse than kennedy, hughes and igawa, and cry about what it will cost for 2, which the A's have made clear are available.

First of all we do not know what it would cost yet, but I guess you feel no matter what it's not worth saving this season.

That takes care of 3 pitchers, but I said there were 5 and I named them, care to shoot down the other 2 in your infinate wisdom.

Look you were the one who came across as all knowing.

What difference does it make if Joba pitches 200 innigs and the bullpen blows his starts and everybody else's, wake up call the bullpen sucks and Joba can pitch in back to back games now, who you kidding.

I think this move is stupid, and I think right now they have now choice whic is also a stupid position to be in, but I hated Cashman and all his moves for years.

As for the pichers I named 5 you shot down one, like Aroyo is worse than kennedy, hughes and igawa, and cry about what it will cost for 2, which the A's have made clear are available.

First of all we do not know what it would cost yet, but I guess you feel no matter it's not worth saving this season.

That takes care of 3 pitchers, but I said there were 5 and I named them, care to shoot down the other 2 in your infinate wisdom.

You just made the point. In order to GET TO THE BULLPEN you have to have GOOD STARTING PITCHING. No inning is more important than another. A baseball game can implode with one swing of the bat in any inning, and THAT is why a good starter that pitches 130 innings more than a good reliever is much more valuable to a team. Do you know that when Joba was moved to the rotation, he had pitched in all of 10 innings in which the Yankees were down or up by 3 runs or somewhere in the middle? Out of 410 2/3. THAT IS NOT HAVING AN IMPACT ON THE GAME.

It's not worth trading Hughes for a guy that can't stay healthy in Harden, a guy that just plain sucks in Arroyo, or a guy that's going to be a free agent after this season in Sabathia. Blanton is also a mediocre pitcher who's going to cost much more than he's worth. Then when Hughes straightens it out and Blanton keeps pitching to a 4+ ERA, you'll all be bitching that Cashman shouldn't have traded Hughes.

You just made the point. In order to GET TO THE BULLPEN you have to have GOOD STARTING PITCHING. No inning is more important than another. A baseball game can implode with one swing of the bat in any inning, and THAT is why a good starter that pitches 130 innings more than a good reliever is much more valuable to a team. Do you know that when Joba was moved to the rotation, he had pitched in all of 10 innings in which the Yankees were down or up by 3 runs or somewhere in the middle? Out of 410 2/3. THAT IS NOT HAVING AN IMPACT ON THE GAME.

It's not worth trading Hughes for a guy that can't stay healthy in Harden, a guy that just plain sucks in Arroyo, or a guy that's going to be a free agent after this season in Sabathia. Blanton is also a mediocre pitcher who's going to cost much more than he's worth. Then when Hughes straightens it out and Blanton keeps pitching to a 4+ ERA, you'll all be bitching that Cashman shouldn't have traded Hughes.

Yeah but Joba can hold games for the whole staff, when they get to him, nobody else in the pen can. Now they have to move Joba and what good is it if the pen blows every chance we have at a win anyway. Next I never said trade Hughes, but there is no proof that he can stay healty either, in fact he got hurt pitching last year, and this year he mysteriuosly broke a rib, from what sneazing??? If they made a move for Sabathia, they would have a deal in place and signed, again who are you kidding. You are right at this point it's not worth getting a starter because the pen blows everything anyway. Another bang up job by cashman, what the hell was he thinking, he should be shot, not fired.

**** him, he's a ****ing no good roid-head. Who is hitting 230 with almost as many strikeouts as hits.

Hey Arsis, that "****ing no good roid-head" so far tonight is responsible for two of the three runs, with you guessed it, another Home Run and an RBI single. ;-)

No need to cut Giambi now, but thank God this is the last year of his ridiculous deal, boy was his one and half good year worth it.

Cashman has this team in really bad shape, he should have never let Posada and Mo get that far, he should have extended their deals, not have to give them 4 year new ones, what a putz.

How many Dh's are we gonna have, when Posada can't catch no more, (may be already) Damen is another one he gave an extra year too, he propbably won't make it through his contract as a guy who can play the field every day. Matsui, the list goes on and one, again thank God Giambi will be gone.

He stuck us with no starting pitching, signed the worst relief possible, he has not made a good picthing deal ever, mean while he let winners go, to sign clowns, while other winners landed in Boston like he was on their pay roll.

Sickening, to handicap the Yankees like this and hand over everything to the sox, what a disgraceful shame, I can't stand cashman, and with Hank and Hal it looks like the Yankees may never be the same ever again.

Pittiful...

Yes because batting average is a much more telling stat than OPS.

I am guessing MadMike found his way back here.

OPS means sh!t when he hit a home run or strike out every at bat. It isnt worth it. If he starts hitting to left field again, then keep him, but this pull the ball sh!t is old and he needs to get on the next bus to GFY town

Hey Arsis, that "****ing no good roid-head" so far tonight is responsible for two of the three runs, with you guessed it, another Home Run and an RBI single. ;-)

I don't ****ing care, he's a ****ing cheater. All these guys getting on Joba's case for showing emotion should be getting on Giambi's case for cheating. That tarnishes the Yankee image more than anything.

I don't ****ing care, he's a ****ing cheater. All these guys getting on Joba's case for showing emotion should be getting on Giambi's case for cheating. That tarnishes the Yankee image more than anything.

Who cares, him, and his huge ass contract will be gone after this season, and they'll probably be looking into getting Mark Teixera. So we'll only have a couple more months of him. Although, he is pretty much the reason they won today so, whatever.

He cheated long ago. Since then, he has been clean. Tonights performance was a clean one. I will cheer for Giambi years after what he did now because his clean.

I am guessing MadMike found his way back here.

OPS means sh!t when he hit a home run or strike out every at bat. It isnt worth it. If he starts hitting to left field again, then keep him, but this pull the ball sh!t is old and he needs to get on the next bus to GFY town

OPS is so much higher-correlated to scoring runs than BA it's not even funny.

OPS is so much higher-correlated to scoring runs than BA it's not even funny.

Scoring runs is the most linear stat related to scoring runs, and OPS and BA don't show anything how runs may be manufactured or produced.

That is why, aside from geek heads who like numbers, their relative importance is insignificant.

Scoring runs is the most linear stat related to scoring runs, and OPS and BA don't show anything how runs may be manufactured or produced.

That is why, aside from geek heads who like numbers, their relative importance is insignificant.

That doesn't make sense. There is a method to scoring runs. And OPS is much more correlated to that than batting average. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying OPS is the say-all, end-all to scoring runs.

That doesn't make sense. There is a method to scoring runs. And OPS is much more correlated to that than batting average. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying OPS is the say-all, end-all to scoring runs.

Scoring runs is a method to scoring runs. Why not just bring up his run scoring stat if that is so important?

There is no ONE method to scoring runs. OPS and BA are precise indicators of anything BUT scoring runs. That is what makes them faulty stats.

Does OPS or BA take into consideration when a batter scores a runner from 3rd, and moves a runner to 3rd with no one out, on a ground ball out?

No they don't. And that result is as good as a hit in that situation.

Archived