Raiders | McFadden agrees to contract

jales22

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Oakland Raiders RB Darren McFadden agreed to terms on a six-year contract Thursday, June 5, worth $60 million. The deal includes $26 million guaranteed.

$10 million a year for McFadden? Ridiculous. Good luck with that Oakland.

Surprised to see the Raiders sign him so quickly. I guess they learned their lesson last year with JaMarcus Russell. Thats three 1st round picks signed already (J.Long & M.Ryan).

Gholston is going to cost us a boat-load

Shouldn't be too much. McFadden wouldn't have gotten that kind of $ if he wasn't a Running Back or Quarterback. I expect the Gholston contract to be in the 6 year, $40-45 million range -- almost similar to the deal Calvin Pace received.

now that he has millions in the bank,,what is the over/under on how many weeks before he does something dumb?

i would think during the break right before training camp should be plenty of time for him to impregnate a couple chicks.

now that he has millions in the bank,,what is the over/under on how many weeks before he does something dumb?

Like impregnate one of his teammates?

That's a huge sum of money for a RB. He better be able to carry the full load and then some. I'm sure the handoffs from a $60M QB to a $60M RB will be absolutely flawless.

John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Oakland Raiders RB Darren McFadden agreed to terms on a six-year contract Thursday, June 5, worth $60 million. The deal includes $26 million guaranteed.

:rl:

And people wanted us to trade up to get him. So we should have $80M ($38M guaranteed) tied up in running backs. Oh - and nevermind the extra high pick(s) it would cost us to move up high enough to grab him. Too funny.

I still believe that Tangini had no intention of drafting him. It was a smokescreen to get Oakland to grab him, leaving Gholston or Chris Long still on the board for us if Ryan was gone. They're not going to say so publicly because then it'll never work again. But I absolutely believe this is what they did.

$60M for a twig-legged running back who couldn't break tackles at the college level and who will probably get injured with his WR build. Awesome stuff.

Wow. 40% increase in guaranteed money from last year's #4 selection.

Big difference when its a Running Back as opposed to a Defensive End. It also didn't hurt McFadden that he was dealing with the dumbest organization in the NFL.

• 1 month later...

Archived