Live Look at the new stadium

InstantClassic

I know! I cant wait to see what type of wine they serve.

Will they have a special lot for the limo's? Nothing would be cooler than a guy tailgating out of a limo.

You must not go to a lot of games, people already tailgate of of limos and there are plenty of people drinking wine in the parking lot as it is.

Personally, I have had red wine, white wine, shots, champagne, beer and almost any kind of meat you can think of at tailgates.

To each his own. I don't care what they drink, eat or dance to before the game. What I care about is the fans come in and be loud and support the team.

(please let's not go down another "New fans, old fans" discussion.)

BZ

You must not go to a lot of games, people already tailgate of of limos and there are plenty of people drinking wine in the parking lot as it is.

Personally, I have had red wine, white wine, shots, champagne, beer and almost any kind of meat you can think of at tailgates.

To each his own. I don't care what they drink, eat or dance to before the game. What I care about is the fans come in and be loud and support the team.

BZ

I go to 10 games a year and never see anyone in my lot drinking wine or eating cheese. Lots of beer, hot dogs, hamburgers and chips. --- oh and sausage.. cant forget the sausage.

And if you think the fans are going to be loud in the new stadium you're crazy. The upper deck will be loud, but thats about it.

Im still hoping to hit either mega millions or powerball so I can afford my seats in the new place.

But hey, have fun in the new place. I know I will enjoy my last 20 games as a season ticket holder.

The whole "fans who can afford the new stadium will be quiet" is a myth.

Some of the loudest, most crazed fans I know who stay till the end of every game are already planning to purchase season tickets.

On the flip side, all those "loud, loyal, blue color fans" that are in the stadium today are also bailing half way through the game, don't go in bad weather and are not very loyal at all.

BZ

Some of the loudest, most crazed fans I know who stay till the end of every game are already planning to purchase season tickets.

On the flip side, all those "loud, loyal, blue color fans" that are in the stadium today are also bailing half way through the game, don't go in bad weather and are not very loyal at all.

BZ

not to mention those in a drunken stupor falling over broken glass in the parking lot at kick-off.

BZ

nice generalization... I stay for every single game and scream my head off, but still wont get tickets for the new place. And I sit on the 50 yd line and every season when we suck (like last year) my group was the only ones left in our row. And who leaves early? Yup the Beamer and Mercedes crowd.And we're surrounded by doctors, lawyers and other money people. Guess its different up in the 300's...

As I said, enjoy the new place.

BZ

I guess you don't know that Lil Bit lives in Massachusetts and makes the 8 hour round trip drive for every home game. I believe he has been going to games for at least the last 15 years.

nice generalization... I stay for every single game and scream my head off, but still wont get tickets for the new place. And I sit on the 50 yd line and every season when we suck (like last year) my group was the only ones left in our row. And who leaves early? Yup the Beamer and Mercedes crowd.And we're surrounded by doctors, lawyers and other money people. Guess its different up in the 300's...

As I said, enjoy the new place.

I need your special talent of being able to look at 78,000 fans in a stadium and pick out which ones are the "Beamer and Mercedes crowd". That is a gift.

So I guess all that crowd, with all their inherited money is sitting up with me in the upper deck? Because the funny thing is, they all leave too.

So there goes your argument, since the stadium is filled with the "Beamer and Mercedes crowd" now, who all leave, I guess there will be no change when we go to the new stadium.

Can't have it both ways.

BZ

I need your special talent of being able to look at 78,000 fans in a stadium and pick out which ones are the "Beamer and Mercedes crowd". That is a gift.

So I guess all that crowd, with all their inherited money is sitting up with me in the upper deck? Because the funny thing is, they all leave too.

So there goes your argument, since the stadium is filled with the "Beamer and Mercedes crowd" now, who all leave, I guess there will be no change when we go to the new stadium.

Can't have it both ways.

BZ

I never said it was only the beamer crowd. You said it was the blue collar guys who left.

I just told you the people around me with money leave early and dont show up for unimportant december games. Thats what I see in my section, but I guess reading comprehension is tough for you.

The biggest difference is you will no longer have as many diehards like us who stay for every second. You will have lots of "one-timers" who get rowdy and drunk and screw it up for everyone.

And honestly, I dont really care who goes to the games, who stays all 4 quarters, or what the hell they do. Im there for my satisfaction only. I dont care what you or anyone else does.

Im just bitter because I cant justify spending the type of money I do for football tickets. I understand why they are building the stadium. I understand why they raise prices every year no matter how bad we are. I have no problem with it. Im just bitter that something I have enjoyed for a number of years is no longer possible for me.

Im not jealous of people like you who will choose to continue to go to games in the new stadium. Im happy you get to continue doing something that brings you joy.

Enjoy the wider concourses, nicer bathrooms, more concession options. None of those things are important to me so the cost for them is too high.

And I hope the atmosphere is better in the new place, but I really doubt it.

The biggest difference is you will no longer have as many diehards like us who stay for every second. You will have lots of "one-timers" who get rowdy and drunk and screw it up for everyone.

Well, that is your opinion which I don't agree with.

For one, I am the diehard who goes to every game and stays for every second. I too will be in the new stadium.

Now we just need to find another 80,000 or so fans like me. :)

BZ

Archived