AL vs NL

Blackout

Hilarious. So you're telling me that as long as the Mets win the season series against the Yankees, it doesn't matter how bad and in disaray your team is. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. The only series that mattered to me is the one we spanked you in, 4 games to 1 in 2000.

Hilarious. So you're telling me that as long as the Mets win the season series against the Yankees, it doesn't matter how bad and in disaray your team is. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. The only series that mattered to me is the one we spanked you in, 4 games to 1 in 2000.

Who said that?

Both teams are in dissaray and bad.

where did i say that? Your thread was about the dominance of the AL over the NL.

I said I only care that the Mets were over .500 and they beat the yankees 4-2. Both were about interleague.

Nowhere did I say the whole season doesnt matter.

Typical pathetic yankee fan. learn how to read first.

The Yankees are not in disaray. They have weaknesses like any team, and with a few changes can make a serious run in a REAL division. Please don't compare them to the choking group that takes the field in flushing, with their bafoon of a GM.

yankees needs a few changes? About 8-10 of them.

Yankees arent making any run at the playoffs. Both teams will have great tee times at the beginning of October.

Dont include us in your choking ways. Were you one of the people crying while they were leaving Shea last year ? LOL.

Shows exactly what you know.

Absolutely nothing.

Go back to last september and read what I wrote about the mets. Tell me how positive I was about this team. Go to posts from earlier this year... see how positive I am about this current team.

And I'd rather collapse like the mets did than be up 3-0 in the playoffs to my biggest rival and completely blow it.

Go stick with the yankees.

The Yankees are not in disaray.

OH, ok.

Their pitching staff is a well oiled machine, with their injuries.

I have as many wins this year as Kennedy and Hughes.

But, if you want to whistle through the graveyard, be my guest.

How much you want to bet they make a move for a starting Pitcher before the deadline?

OH, ok.

Their pitching staff is a well oiled machine, with their injuries.

I have as many wins this year as Kennedy and Hughes.

But, if you want to whistle through the graveyard, be my guest.

How much you want to bet they make a move for a starting Pitcher before the deadline?

I think alot is going to depend on how things goes this weekend with the Sox.

If they win 3 of 4 or even split then they will probably hold off making a deal and see what happens with Hughes and Kennedy.

If they lose 3 of 4 or get swept I can absolutely see them jumping into the Sabathia sweepstakes.

Is it the right thing to do ? I don't know. As much as I would love to see them get an arm I would much rather see them go after a bat that doesn't freeze in October when you start facing better pitching.

The Yankees are going to have to work really hard if they going to make the post season this year.

I think alot is going to depend on how things goes this weekend with the Sox.

If they win 3 of 4 or even split then they will probably hold off making a deal and see what happens with Hughes and Kennedy.

If they lose 3 of 4 or get swept I can absolutely see them jumping into the Sabathia sweepstakes.

Is it the right thing to do ? I don't know. As much as I would love to see them get an arm I would much rather see them go after a bat that doesn't freeze in October when you start facing better pitching.

The Yankees are going to have to work really hard if they going to make the post season this year.

I would really like to see what package teh Indians are going to ask for, without allowing a contract renegotiation window.

You know the team that can really call the shots? The Rays. They have more young talent to give up than anyone.

Trade deadline will be fun again.

I would really like to see what package teh Indians are going to ask for, without allowing a contract renegotiation window.

You know the team that can really call the shots? The Rays. They have more young talent to give up than anyone.

Trade deadline will be fun again.

Agree 100%.

I do though expect sometime during the season the Rays will hit a skid. Young teams like this, first time in a race are going to hit a stretch where they lose say 10-12 or go through a month say 9-18. It is going to be how they react to that stretch that will determine if they are a real contender.

Don't look now but it also looks like the Tigers are getting their act together as well. I think they are going to be heard from before this whole thing is over.

Agree 100%.

I do though expect sometime during the season the Rays will hit a skid. Young teams like this, first time in a race are going to hit a stretch where they lose say 10-12 or go through a month say 9-18. It is going to be how they react to that stretch that will determine if they are a real contender.

Don't look now but it also looks like the Tigers are getting their act together as well. I think they are going to be heard from before this whole thing is over.

The AL is so much more cohesive than teh NL right now, it is not funny.

Agreed on teh Rays. August and teh dog days have a way of making some young teams start to feel tight arount the collar.

To teh Yan kees. a race for a playoff spot is just another walk in teh park. but, it will be interesting to see if they are willing to mortgage ANY of the future for a run this year. It would be a tough call.

The Angels are a real sleeper in all of this, and they are the one team that needs to add a bat. While everyone else is scurrying for pitching, they can strike for a bopper.

Archived