The Yankee lineup needs a complete overhaul

Matt39

The Yankees will never win with this current group of players. Team is a concept you'll never grasp, Mike.

I'm glad you know what the formula for winning is, Matt. Don't call me Mike. It's stupid and childish and your pathetic way of trying to win an argument when you know you're wrong.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know what the right formula is. I dont think its an exact science. I do know that this current group of players will never win a championship though just because they are wildly inconsistent at the plate and for the most part disapear in clutch spots.

I dont know what the right formula is. I dont think its an exact science. I do know that this current group of players will never win a championship though just because they are wildly inconsistent at the plate and for the most part disapear in clutch spots.

I don't believe there is an exact science either, especially with today's form of playoffs. I think the fact that anything can happen in a 5 or 7-game series has had more to do with the Yankees recent playoff failures than anything. You have to get clicking at the right time and the Yankees have been unable to do that.

I do believe there is such a thing as "clutch," in certain situations. But sometimes you have to realize the extent to which this occurs and realize that players really can't decide when to get a hit and when not to. Clutch, I think, has to do more with the approach they take during the game. Is it the same as any other game? Is it more important? Or do you tense up because of the magnitude of the game?

If the Yankees were to offer prospects like Alan Horne, and Jose Tabata that would for sure net the Yankees Bedard, we may actually be giving up too much in this deal. Bottom line, Melky needs to go, and we got to look through our farm to see what the teams got. I wouldn't doubt someone like Justin Christian being better then Melky. Melky is trash.

Melky is not trash. Melky is a 4th outfielder forced to start because Damon can no longer play the position he was signed at. Melky is just another example of the Yankee pr machine. That said, if the Yanks are fully healthy they can more than get by with Melky as their CF.

Gardner is the latest player to be talked up without actually doing anything at the Major League level. Hopefully he succeeds.

Archived