The Game Day Experience

Maxman

Garen, shoot me an email and let me know what Max is paying you. I'll let you know how bad is is screwing you.

:Typotux:

Jet Mo

I thought you write the articles for your love of Woody and the Jets!

nice article..... I would tend to disagree with you though....after going to a place like Green Bay to see a game the Jets gameday experience just does not match up. The Jets fan base is fickle and once the losing starts the fans evaporate and that includes during the game. Heck there are even times when the Jets are winning in the third quarter and the place empties out. Can Jets fans be loud? of course. are alot of them rowdy? definitely are they amongst the best fan bases in the NFL? no.

If you want a real football experience in stadium, go to a college game.

The NFL is so sanitized and the flow of the game, and the way they have broken it up and inserted breaks only screams for fan disconnection. The NFL game is not devised for fan experience, but moreso for television.

Hey guys, Garen here, good to be aboard, thanks for the warm welcome. Hope you enjoyed the first article. I dont think Jets games are theee best gameday experience in all the land, but id still say its pretty solid. Unfortunately I've never had the privilege to experience a legit college football game in person, I went to Indiana University where basketball takes precedent over breathing. On fall saturdays we had more people outside tailgating than there were inside watching the game. Its just not in IU's nature to take football seriously. Again, thanks havin me aboard!

Don't waste your time at a college game unless you feel like spending four hours inside the stadium and then if the game goes into overtime, a flawed over-time system. Clock stoppages every 1st down, garbage like that, ruins the College game. So do the annoying bands. This isn't High School crap, keep the bands out of it. The only thing College Football has over the NFL is that at some of the bigger programs the stadiums seat more and its cheaper to go to the games. Thats it.

Anyway, nice article. The Jets gameday experience is made more in the parking lot with friends than it is inside the stadium. Our fanbase can be as loud as anyone, when we're winning. The difference between the Jets fans and fans such as Steeler fans or Packer fans as that there fans are there when the team is 4-12. Our fans? If we're .500 or below by November, there will be plenty of empty seats. Plenty.

nice article..... I would tend to disagree with you though....after going to a place like Green Bay to see a game the Jets gameday experience just does not match up. The Jets fan base is fickle and once the losing starts the fans evaporate and that includes during the game. Heck there are even times when the Jets are winning in the third quarter and the place empties out. Can Jets fans be loud? of course. are alot of them rowdy? definitely are they amongst the best fan bases in the NFL? no.

Maybe it's a NY/NJ thing. I went to a Yankees game last week and I left after the 7th with the game tied. There was friggin traffic jam in the parking lot. I see Giants fans bailing after the third quarter and I have been to Knicks and Rangers games where the fans bolt early, mainly because they are slaves to the the LIRR schedule. Even with the wonderful "gameday experience" that we are being promised, I gurantee that there will still be an exodus at the end of the third quarter no matter what is happening on the field.

Don't waste your time at a college game unless you feel like spending four hours inside the stadium and then if the game goes into overtime, a flawed over-time system. Clock stoppages every 1st down, garbage like that, ruins the College game. So do the annoying bands. This isn't High School crap, keep the bands out of it. The only thing College Football has over the NFL is that at some of the bigger programs the stadiums seat more and its cheaper to go to the games. Thats it.

Anyway, nice article. The Jets gameday experience is made more in the parking lot with friends than it is inside the stadium. Our fanbase can be as loud as anyone, when we're winning. The difference between the Jets fans and fans such as Steeler fans or Packer fans as that there fans are there when the team is 4-12. Our fans? If we're .500 or below by November, there will be plenty of empty seats. Plenty.

Joe, you cant be serious.

The pro game, where they actually take ACTION OUT OF THE GAME in order to speed it up? You are too young to remember this, but there was a time in Pro Football where if you ran out of bounds with the ball, the kept the clock stopped. But for the sake of speeding games up, keeping the interest of a short attention span youth, they found ways to speed up teh clock, and take plays out of a game.

Imagine that, legislating so that your game has LESS plays in it, more commercial times.

And, the College OT system is far better than the NFL's. It gives teams an equal chance, which teh NFL system does not.

Is it perfect? No, I would rather see them back up the teams, but it is an exciting format.

I suggest you get out of the state of NJ and see a real college game.

Archived