Keyon Dooling to the Nets

InstantClassic

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07202008/sports/nets/dooling_to_join_new_look_nets_120700.htm

Magic and Nets are working out a sign and trade deal. The Magic are said to be getting the Nets $3.3 million dollar trade exception they picked up from the Kidd deal, and probably a draft pick.

GREAT pick up for NJ..I'm really pissed the Magic didn't keep him.

Thank you New Jersey!

It'll be easier for Orlando to get Javaris Critt now, and maybe we'll be able to get Darko back as well. Darko has only performed well when he had Dwight Howard as a teamate.

I liked Keyon Dooling, but he really isn't a PG, he's a SG. It's Dooling choice though, play for less money, and win with Dwight Howard, or play for more money and lose with New Jersey.

Thank you New Jersey!

It'll be easier for Orlando to get Javaris Critt now, and maybe we'll be able to get Darko back as well. Darko has only performed well when he had Dwight Howard as a teamate.

I liked Keyon Dooling, but he really isn't a PG, he's a SG. It's Dooling choice though, play for less money, and win with Dwight Howard, or play for more money and lose with New Jersey.

I know you're a Magic fan, but I'm not impressed with people who"play with a better team for less money". If you want to win a title try to be a better player and win a title don't sign a bull**** contract to play with Michael Jordan for a year to get some bull**** ring. The Nets aren't exactly a ****ty team. They've had a pretty good run the last several years, but they are taking time off for the big FA push. No reason to bash a guy for trying to be part of that.

I know you're a Magic fan, but I'm not impressed with people who"play with a better team for less money". If you want to win a title try to be a better player and win a title don't sign a bull**** contract to play with Michael Jordan for a year to get some bull**** ring. The Nets aren't exactly a ****ty team. They've had a pretty good run the last several years, but they are taking time off for the big FA push. No reason to bash a guy for trying to be part of that.

The Nets didn't make the playoffs last year in the East! They are a terrible team, come on Dom.

I am not bashing Dooling. I am just saying I wouldn't have made the choice he did. Playing with the best center in basketball, on probably a team that wins 50+ games a year, or play with absolute crap, and miss the playoffs in a 3 team conference (Detroit, Boston, Orlando). Maybe it's a 4 team conference now (Sixers).

All I am saying is if I were him, I would rather play, and win with Dwight Howard, then lose with New Jersey.

And yeah, Ghost said it right, you miss the playoffs in the Eastern Conference, just face it, your team sucks.

By the way, InstantClassic once you see who we get probably with that Money in some kind of deal, then you'll be happy. We may be able to get someone like Wilcox from OKC.

I am not bashing Dooling. I am just saying I wouldn't have made the choice he did. Playing with the best center in basketball, on probably a team that wins 50+ games a year, or play with absolute crap, and miss the playoffs in a 3 team conference (Detroit, Boston, Orlando). Maybe it's a 4 team conference now (Sixers).

All I am saying is if I were him, I would rather play, and win with Dwight Howard, then lose with New Jersey.

And yeah, Ghost said it right, you miss the playoffs in the Eastern Conference, just face it, your team sucks.

By the way, InstantClassic once you see who we get probably with that Money in some kind of deal, then you'll be happy. We may be able to get someone like Wilcox from OKC.

I understand why you would want to play for a winner, but I don't think guys should be applauded for choosing to play for less money to be somebody(be it MJ, Kobe, Dwight Howard-whoever)'s bitch. I know that isn't always what it amounts to, but IMO it's no better reason than money, liking the city, your wife & kids liking he city, tax laws, etc. The Nets are not a poorly run organization. They are not the Knicks. Yes they missed the playoffs in a weak East, but they traded Kidd and are obviously rebuilding. In the NBA that doesn't have to very long and the guy might look forward to opening the new arena.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you New Jersey!

Who is Critt?

Darko? Are you ****ing insane? That guy is the biggest waste of space ever.

Archived