What moves do you want to see the yankees make in the offseason?

Arsis

So they don't suck as much as they have been the past two seasons. I want to see them sign CC fatbathia and maybe another decent starting pitcher. So our rotation can be a respectable:

Sabathia

Chamberlain

Wang

Pettite/Moose

Hughes/Kennedy/F.A.

I haven't really looked at what position players are available as F.A's this offseason. But, I know we gotta get a first baseman, a center fielder and a real leadoff guy. IF we can get good value out of a guy like kennedy I say we jump at the chance.

So they don't suck as much as they have been the past two seasons. I want to see them sign CC fatbathia and maybe another decent starting pitcher. So our rotation can be a respectable:

Sabathia

Chamberlain

Wang

Pettite/Moose

Hughes/Kennedy/F.A.

I haven't really looked at what position players are available as F.A's this offseason. But, I know we gotta get a first baseman, a center fielder and a real leadoff guy. IF we can get good value out of a guy like kennedy I say we jump at the chance.

1st baseman next year should be nady, i think we gotta let gimabi go even if he finishes year with like .300 avg un less we get him for relly cheap, If we can keep sexson for cheap like what he is getting now then i wouldnt mnd him staying with us. If we can get rid on kennedy for someone good ill be really happy i just cant see him being good. we do need a leadoff guy but where would he play? what fast guy that is good enuff that we can acutally get and be better then melky? I wish we can get sabathia but even if we do he will suck bc our free agents always do.

I like Melky but he isn't good enough to be the starting CF for the new york yankees. I'd say keep abreu and Matsui for less money and get ourselves an actually starting caliber CFer. Giambino on the cheap as a DH would be fine. Can Nady play first?

Yankees are clearing a good 50 mill+ off the payroll, so you can expect a spree, especially if this season does not yield a WS, with yicket hikes because of teh new stadium, and teh new influx of cash that will generate.

I wonder if Sabathia will get an offer from an NL team, and if he likes hitting so much he would stay there? Money talks though.

Tex may be on the Yankees radar also, but where does that put Posada?

Yankees are clearing a good 50 mill+ off the payroll, so you can expect a spree, especially if this season does not yield a WS, with yicket hikes because of teh new stadium, and teh new influx of cash that will generate.

I wonder if Sabathia will get an offer from an NL team, and if he likes hitting so much he would stay there? Money talks though.

The Posada situation is tough. That had to resign him even though they probably had doubts about it. But he had a great year and if you can't give the guy with 4 rings the benefit of the doubt who can you give it to.

Good point about the money coming off the books and the new stadium. They will be active I am sure. With Petite not certain to come back and Moose's age (and contract) the rotation has Joba and Wang coming off an injury. Lots of question marks even if the current guys are brought back.

Behind the plate for one more year with a lot more time spent at DH. Year after that maybe full time DH. A lot of money coming off the books and the yanks should spend some of it smartly.

The Posada situation is tough. That had to resign him even though they probably had doubts about it. But he had a great year and if you can't give the guy with 4 rings the benefit of the doubt who can you give it to.

Good point about the money coming off the books and the new stadium. They will be active I am sure. With Petite not certain to come back and Moose's age (and contract) the rotation has Joba and Wang coming off an injury. Lots of question marks even if the current guys are brought back.

We need to sign a guy like sabathia and maybe even another #2 or #3 type starter to put at the end of our rotation. We need to have a dominant rotation. Chamberlain/Wang/sabathia is a good 1-2-3 punch to have. It really helps in the post season to have three guys like that. I really think we need to look into replacing melky, I like the guy and root for him but he doesn't have what it takes.

tex if he didnt get traded i kno he would be in NY, but now hes on angels they will resign him to a big contract. Sabathia i have no clue what he is going to do. I kno he said he wants to play in ny but all depends if he wants to hit.

if we dont or cant get sabathia we need to get someone preferably a lefty

Archived