Jason Bay paying immediate dividends-

Thor99

true - like a Tom Werner production. ;)

You know what bugs me? How quickly fans turn....well, members of RSN anyway. What really bugs me is this smear campaign being raged by the Sox and the media in Boston. Crazy stuff. Borderline vicious. Especially the story about the Vets wanting Manny out.....and I heard something about Papi being one of those vets on ESPN this early evening. Funny - seeing that Papi was wearing a wrist band with #24 on it tonight. So, they are trying to tell me that David threw his buddy under the bus yesterday, and he's paying homage to him tonight? I call bullsh*t.

Maybe they wanted him out for the simple reason that he wanted out. If they're his friends, they gotta hope he gets what he wants.

Anyway, I'm glad JBay had a good debut. I hope the Sox don't plan on batting Lowell cleanup on the road in front of Bay too.

You know what bugs me? How quickly fans turn....well, members of RSN anyway. What really bugs me is this smear campaign being raged by the Sox and the media in Boston. Crazy stuff. Borderline vicious. Especially the story about the Vets wanting Manny out.....and I heard something about Papi being one of those vets on ESPN this early evening. Funny - seeing that Papi was wearing a wrist band with #24 on it tonight. So, they are trying to tell me that David threw his buddy under the bus yesterday, and he's paying homage to him tonight? I call bullsh*t.

Manny really turned the fans off with his behaviour over the last week. I wish him the best in LA and then wherever he goes next year, but I root for the laundry.

Manny really turned the fans off with his behaviour over the last week. I wish him the best in LA and then wherever he goes next year, but I root for the laundry.

Well good for you.

But a word of advice - get some new laundry! Newsflash: Irving Fryar doen't play for the Pats anymore. :P

He may no longer play for the Pats but it keeps me grounded remembering the years he did play.

Bleh, screw that! Buy a high horse. Be a Pats fan! LOL!

I'm no better, really. I only have #80. .....and if they do not retire that number I will be pissed!

We should get in a fight in the parking lot, before we even go into the game.

Bitch.

I like the way you think but it would be better if we got into the Stadium and then got kicked out. Thats even more hardcore!

Back to the subject at hand. Bay did really well tonight. I heard his press conference on the radio today and he seems like a good guy with a level head on his shoulders.

Did you hear that his Dad is a diehard Sox fan?

You are partially right and I think we will never get the real answer. You, like all of us, make assumptions on what we see (in large part via the media). And what are the fans to do? Boo him? Come on, to say that because the fans cheered means the fans turned quickly is unfair. I will say this, though: I have a great deal of respect for Jerry Remy and feel that although NESN and the Sox cut his checks, he still says it like it is. He said the last 2 weeks were really uncomfortable around the club and park. It cannot be denied that Manny lit this fire. How that fire was handled can debated by us at length, but we will still never TRULY know as we are not with hese guys everyday. I know you have a vendetta against the Sox FO, and I think you get blinded by this rage at times. So much hate for such a nice girl! ;)

Archived