davis talks my boy outta retirement

Lebron24Jets

good thing cuz gettin a ring this year would b hard without walker

Source: Al Davis talked Raiders WR Walker out of retiring

Oakland Raiders receiver Javon Walker, struggling with his performance during training camp, told the team Thursday he intended to retire and offered to return his $11 million signing bonus.

According to a source, Raiders owner Al Davis persuaded Walker to remain with the team.

3548.jpg Walker

Walker signed a six-year, $55 million deal with Oakland in the offseason after a trying 2007 marked by knee injury.

Walker also was reportedly abducted, beaten and robbed near the Las Vegas Strip in June.

According to police, Walker was found unconscious on a side street shortly after dawn June 16.

He was hospitalized for two days with facial injuries and a concussion and told investigators that about $3,000 in cash and $100,000 worth of jewelry were taken.

Police released a grainy surveillance videotape June 24, identifying a man in it as a second suspect after the arrest of a first suspect.

In 72 career games during six seasons with the Packers and Broncos, Walker has 252 receptions for 3,815 yards and 30 touchdowns.

They should never have signed him. Walker was incredibly talented but has so many issues. I'd be very concerned for both his injury problems and his state of mind. He's a had a rough time of it over the past few years. I genuinely hope he recovers and does well.

Also LeBron24Jets must have been 124. LOL

Glad that's over.

Wasn't their a Walker article posted by myself less than two months ago about how he feels great and is ready for the season and cannot wait to take on Denver in Week 1? Great attitude Javon. Still living up all the hype but he can't produce on the field because of injuries.

Also LeBron24Jets must have been 124. LOL

Why would you say that? I was at work today and couldn't even get onto JetNation before 2pm, when I left for work.

I love how people believe I'm this clown and kobe24jets. Max, once again, shut them up.

Archived