rip off

djaparz

ok so i have been wanting to rent a luxury suite for about 3 years now for a jets home game...

i email the meadowlands and they send me a price list

presseaon game - 22 tickets (16 seats and 6 standing room) no food or beverages $5,000.00

regular seaosn - 22 tickets (16 seats and 6 standing) no food or beverage $15,000.00

comes out to $682.00 per ticket -

ok so i have been wanting to rent a luxury suite for about 3 years now for a jets home game...

presseaon game - 22 tickets (16 seats and 6 standing room) no food or beverages $5,000.00

regular seaosn - 22 tickets (16 seats and 6 standing) no food or beverage $15,000.00

Plus the cost of the strippers!

Not worth it.

15 grand for 8 games?? That's insane!

Even if that price was for a luxury suite in a new stadium, that price is still insane.

dj, will your mother-in-law be using one of the 22 ducats?

It agree it seems high, but Im sure they have costs associated with running and maintaining the luxury suites. $65 a seat outside gets you a barely-swept seating area. Im sure the additional costs involved with maintaining the luxury suites jack up the price, and Im sure the NJSEA or the Meadowlands or whomever have their hand in the till.

Even more so, they sell those suckers out every year. They're only charging the price that the market will bear. Its why new stadiums are so luxury-box centric. They're not targeting the group of 22 from the neighborhood going; they're targeting the corporation buying (and writing off as a business expense) overpriced seating for customers and employees.

Archived