Jets | Miller Making a Statement

Smizzy

Jets | Miller Making a Statement

Tue, 2 Aug 2005 19:10:13 -0700

Troy Nelson, of NewYorkJets.com, reports New York Jets rookie CB Justin Miller continues to impress in pass coverage at the onset of training camp. Miller picked off another pass Tuesday, Aug. 2, raising his interception total since the start of camp to three.

I'm confident Miller can be a solid #3 CB this year. And even if he falters, I belive in Strait. Anyone but Mickens.

Boy do I agree.

Mickens is a good nickel, although Donnie and Herm seem to like Strait in that role so Mickens to #4/5 if Miller is that impressive Mickens could be the #5 if Law is signed. :shock:

From what I saw at camp today and from all indications from what I have read I don't think the Future is too far away. If we are able to get Law for a reasonable price I say go for it, but lets not compromise the cap for the next 2-3 years because we think Law is going to make or break the team.

I am happy with letting Miller play this year. I am more concerned with McGraw starting at safety. He in my opinion should be a much greater concern.

I have no clue why Ray Mickens is even still on the team. He's a career nickel cornerback on his last legs that will be attempting to return from an injury. He's also 5 foot 8. If having Mickens on the roster along with Law and Barrett is going to push either Miller or Strait into being the 5th cornerback, then I am going to be mighty pissed off if Ray Mickens doesn't see some action in Dallas for opening day.

*EDIT*: I forgot about Pete Hunter. There is no way Mickens makes this team if we sign Ty Law.

Archived