Bills begin Toronto move by 'hosting' Steelers

JetNation

I remember that in between the Starr, Taylor and Nitschke glory years and the Favre glory years, the Packers did play some home games in Milwaukee. So it's not unheard of.

Still, if Toronto is North America's fifth largest area, they are not going to be satisfied with a game or two a year from a different city's team. They'll either make a play for the Bills, much as San Antonio made a play for the Saints after Katrina, or they'll want their own new franchise using the argument that they are already part of the NFL fan base.

I would hate to see an original American Football League power like the Bills desert Buffalo. Buffalo helped to build that league and force the merger.

I remember that in between the Starr, Taylor and Nitschke glory years and the Favre glory years, the Packers did play some home games in Milwaukee. So it's not unheard of.

Still, if Toronto is North America's fifth largest area, they are not going to be satisfied with a game or two a year from a different city's team. They'll either make a play for the Bills, much as San Antonio made a play for the Saints after Katrina, or they'll want their own new franchise using the argument that they are already part of the NFL fan base.

I would hate to see an original American Football League power like the Bills desert Buffalo. Buffalo helped to build that league and force the merger.

The Bills aren't going anywhere. As much as I think Ralph Wilson is senile his Bills are making a crapload of money with this agreement with Toronto.

I read somewhere that 15%-20% of people who go to Bills games are from Ontario.

I think people forget that Toronto is a little over an hour by car from Buffalo.

I agree it would be a terrible shame if they did move but anyone who can't see this move being permanent when Ralph dies has their head in the sand.

The Bills aren't going anywhere. As much as I think Ralph Wilson is senile his Bills are making a crapload of money with this agreement with Toronto.

I read somewhere that 15%-20% of people who go to Bills games are from Ontario.

I think people forget that Toronto is a little over an hour by car from Buffalo.

Sorry to disagree but there's much MORE money to be made in Toronto. When Ralph checks out so do the Bills.

I'm sure that a smaller city like Buffalo doesn't mind giving one game a year to help to financially support the Bills.

My question is how long will Toronto be willing to keep the arrangement.

It's clearly a ploy for Toronto to get it's foot in the door and make the NFL see Canadian cities as lucrative places to expand into. Toronto is much larger than Buffalo. It will settle for Buffalo's team one game a year for awhile, but it's real purpose is to get it's own team. I'll be very surprised if one day they don't make a play to bring the Bills to Toronto permanently. If they can't do that, they'll try to get a new team another way.

Sorry to disagree but there's much MORE money to be made in Toronto. When Ralph checks out so do the Bills.

The SkyDome, I mean Rogers Centre, isn't an NFL venue. Unless they build a 65,000-70,000 seat stadium in Toronto then the NFL will have no part of Toronto.

Where would a new Stadium be built in Toronto? As much as I love that City it is the definition of urban sprawl.

Archived