Join the "Former Nugent Fan" Club!

ECURB

I want also to see what ratliff can do against a real defense. Clemens is the better qb and if we let this kid go we will be sorry. He's short..... batted down passes recievers missing the ball etc. Ratliff locks on his recievers telegraphs his throws and would have got torn up as well tonight. Kellen throws that football damn hard,( and I mean he has not even put the mustard on it yet) and needs to learn pocket presence. he is a late bloomer but when he does It will be worth it.

Maybe I fell asleep too early, but one thing I noticed early on was Ratliff doing the exact opposite of this. Lots of looking one way for the majority of time he held the ball and then the pass actually went to the other side of the field. Typing that he locks on his receivers doesn't make it so.

The other thing I try to look at is just the feel of the game. Yeah, it's against other teams' scrubs, but twice in a row now it's seemed like the offense suddenly jumped to life when Clemens left & Ratliff came in. Though to be fair, he didn't score either

At the same time, Clemens had 4 passes dropped, had a first down scramble called back for holding, and got tripped up by his center twice (putting him in a hole he otherwise wouldn't have been in). The last thing a QB should have to watch for is if his center is going to take that first step backwards into his own. He's supposed to be watching everything else except that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived