Clemens Trade Rumor Source?

Old Rogue

I can understand why some people are put off by Jackson's perfromances, but he did show a lot of good signs throughout last season, he just really needed work on his mechanics, watching him in preseason he seems to really have improved on them. I think he's in for a breakout year, adding Berrian will help him as he does throw a damn good deep ball (Before he had Troy Williamson helping him out:shock:) and he will countless opportunities off of play action. Sidney Rice is no scrub either, and he'll only get better.

I could be wrong, but I've always thought the potential was there with Jackson, he was never going to be an immediate impact guy, he was alway going to need time to develop. It will be interesting to see how he does this year. Like I said, I'm expecting him to be much improved.

People keep bring up the bad pass D, they just added the best pass rusher in the league. We'll see how bad it is this season.

He showed good signs during the season? He must have done it on Wednesday afternoons during the week, because each and every Sunday he sucked.

No team is winning the super bowl with T. Jackson at QB. Biggest mistake the Vikes made was not going after Pennington. Even the Vikes knew they needed Favre. Pennington would have been enough to manage the game and get the Vikes far.

Allen is vastly overrated. Hardly the best pass rusher in the league.

He showed good signs during the season? He must have done it on Wednesday afternoons during the week, because each and every Sunday he sucked.

No team is winning the super bowl with T. Jackson at QB. Biggest mistake the Vikes made was not going after Pennington. Even the Vikes knew they needed Favre. Pennington would have been enough to manage the game and get the Vikes far.

Allen is vastly overrated. Hardly the best pass rusher in the league.

LOL, yes every Sunday.

Clearly you do not watch much football. Do you think that maybe there's a reason the Vikes didn't go after Pennington? I know you think you're smarter in terms of football knowledge than the Vikings coaching staff and front office but somehow I doubt it.

We'll see in the regular season how far Jackson has came along. I'm not guaranteeing he'll develop into a good to great QB and I'm not guaranteeing that the Vikes will win the SB, I just like what I've seen ou of Jackson. I bring up again - He was NEVER going to be an immediate impact QB, he was always going have his early struggles. I think this is the year that he gets a full grasp of the NFL and steps up. We'll see.

Also LOL at your comments of Jared Allen, he was BY FAR the best pass rusher in the NFL last season. This without no help whatsoever on the KC line, now imagine what he'll do with Kevin Williams and Pat Williams next to him.

Let's see.. 31 other teams.. For the 2008 season, QBs I'd take over Jackson:

E. Manning (NYG) Yes

D. McNabb (PHI) Yes

J. Campbell (WAS) Yes

T. Romo (DAL) Yes

K. Orton (CHI) No

A. Rodgers (GB) Yes

J. Kitna (DET) Yes

D. Brees (NO) Yes

J. Garcia (TB) No, but I think Garcia just sucks that's why. However, most would say YES here

J. Delhomme (CAR) Yes

M. Ryan (ATL) No (Not yet anyway, not for 2008)

J. O'Sullivan (SF) No

K. Warner (AZ) Yes

M. Hasselbeck (SEA) Yes

M. Bulger (STL) Yes

So, 4 out of the 15 QBs in the NFL remaining I'd take Jackson over.. now onto the AFC

T. Brady (NE) Yes

B. Favre (NYJ) Yes

C. Pennington (MIA) Yes

Losman (BUF) Yes

J. Flacco/Smith (BAL) No (not yet)

B. Roethlisberger (PIT) Yes

D. Anderson (CLE) Yes

C. Palmer (CIN) Yes

V. Young (TEN) Yes

P. Manning (IND) Yes

D. Garrard (JAX) Yes

M. Schaub (HOU) Yes

J. Russell (OAK) No, not yet (better arm, height, etc... both suck right now t hough)

P. Rivers (SD) Yes

J. Cutler (DEN) Yes

B. Croyle (KC) No (worst QB in the league)

So, 3 out of 16 QBs in the AFC.

so there are 7 out of 31 qbs in the league I'd take Jackson over. So maybe he doesn't SUCK.. he just blows.

So Jackson "sucked" when he played the Giants? When he played the 49ers? When he played the Broncos?

Every Sunday?

EVERY Sunday. Stats are not the only way to judge a player. Even crappy QBs have decent games.. it doesn't mean they all of a sudden do not suck.

There was not 1 game last year that when I watched him play I said, "Wow, he's really starting to play... he may be good."

Truth be told, I'd agree with a lot of that list, because I'm aware Jackson has yet to prove that he is going to be a good QB, I just think he could develop into a very good QB with time. See most of the QB's on that list are proven vets, guys who have had more time in the league to improve themselves. Jackson is still young and like I said, he was a project coming out of college, he was never going to light it up from the get go. I don't see how you can take Rodgers over Jackson at this point though for the same reason you didn't put Matt Ryan ahead of him. He's done nothing.

We'll see in the regular season. If he doesn't show any signs of improvement in 2008 then I'll admit I was wrong to think he could be something, IMO it's just far too early to write the guy off.

Also, Losman doesn't start for the Bills. Trent Edwards does. Pretty pointless mentioning Losman who himself is a terrible QB and a proven failure in the NFL, no way I'd take him over Jackson.

Truth be told, I'd agree with a lot of that list, because I'm aware Jackson has yet to prove that he is going to be a good QB, I just think he could develop into a very good QB with time. See most of the QB's on that list are proven vets, guys who have had more time in the league to improve themselves. Jackson is still young and like I said, he was a project coming out of college, he was never going to light it up from the get go. I don't see how you can take Rodgers over Jackson at this point though for the same reason you didn't put Matt Ryan ahead of him. He's done nothing.

We'll see in the regular season. If he doesn't show any signs of improvement in 2008 then I'll admit I was wrong to think he could be something, IMO it's just far too early to write the guy off.

Also, Losman doesn't start for the Bills. Trent Edwards does. Pretty pointless mentioning Losman who himself is a terrible QB and a proven failure in the NFL, no way I'd take him over Jackson.

Rodgers looked good when he came in last yr.. Not judging on the stats.. judging on how COMFORTABLE he looked and how he COMPETED.

I'd take Losman... and bet Losman ends up starting. I was under the impression Edwards was hurt which is why I listed him.

Let's see.. 31 other teams.. For the 2008 season, QBs I'd take over Jackson:

E. Manning (NYG) Yes

D. McNabb (PHI) Yes

J. Campbell (WAS) Yes

T. Romo (DAL) Yes

K. Orton (CHI) No

A. Rodgers (GB) Yes

J. Kitna (DET) Yes

D. Brees (NO) Yes

J. Garcia (TB) No, but I think Garcia just sucks that's why. However, most would say YES here

J. Delhomme (CAR) Yes

M. Ryan (ATL) No (Not yet anyway, not for 2008)

J. O'Sullivan (SF) No

K. Warner (AZ) Yes

M. Hasselbeck (SEA) Yes

M. Bulger (STL) Yes

So, 4 out of the 15 QBs in the NFL remaining I'd take Jackson over.. now onto the AFC

T. Brady (NE) Yes

B. Favre (NYJ) Yes

C. Pennington (MIA) Yes

Losman (BUF) Yes

J. Flacco/Smith (BAL) No (not yet)

B. Roethlisberger (PIT) Yes

D. Anderson (CLE) Yes

C. Palmer (CIN) Yes

V. Young (TEN) Yes

P. Manning (IND) Yes

D. Garrard (JAX) Yes

M. Schaub (HOU) Yes

J. Russell (OAK) No, not yet (better arm, height, etc... both suck right now t hough)

P. Rivers (SD) Yes

J. Cutler (DEN) Yes

B. Croyle (KC) No (worst QB in the league)

So, 3 out of 16 QBs in the AFC.

so there are 7 out of 31 qbs in the league I'd take Jackson over. So maybe he doesn't SUCK.. he just blows.

I guess you're saying that Jackson cannot lead the Vikings to the Super Bowl this year. Fair enough...I'd agree. The questions that I come up with after your post: Would you prefer Clemens? Is KC that much better that you would trade a late second day draft pick to upgrade the QB position for the long term?

I guess you're saying that Jackson cannot lead the Vikings to the Super Bowl this year. Fair enough...I'd agree. The questions that I come up with after your post: Would you prefer Clemens? Is KC that much better that you would trade a late second day draft pick to upgrade the QB position for the long term?

No.....

We were just discussing Jackson at this point. I know the topic was about Clemens. I wouldn't take Clemens over Jackson. At least Jackson doesn't look SCARED playing. Clemens does.

Archived