U of Miami Pro Day results

RSJ

This post needs a bump..

What do folks think about Rolle's 4.49 and 4.51, run in ideal conditions at a Pro Day?

I still like him...But will NFL types run to the faster players--Washington, PAC-man, ect?

Roscoe Parrish ran the same as the combine--well, but....

Still, I don't buy the Kiper hype of him being a #1 pick...Supposedly Coker told him he was crazy to jump to the NFL and that Miami coach is rarely critical of early jumpers.

Damn, I didn't even see this post until now. Thanks rsh and rigs!

That slow 40 time KILLS Rolle, IMO. The "Ty Law" rules make it so a big, physical CB ain't worth jack anymore. IMO, he could drop to the high teens now. I'd still love to have him, but the CB's you draft now have to be those 5'11" burner guys.

That slow 40 time KILLS Rolle, IMO. The "Ty Law" rules make it so a big, physical CB ain't worth jack anymore. IMO, he could drop to the high teens now. I'd still love to have him, but the CB's you draft now have to be those 5'11" burner guys.

Great point TS

I still would love for the Jets to get him though.

it wasn't ideal conditions - actually drizzling in florida today

i think he's still a top CB and as long as he didn't run SLOW (which he didn't) will be #1 off the board - his vert and short shuttle were nice

remember he will be slower than Pac Man and Washington but he will not be as short as them - also Rolle had better college production - i think he's still a top 10 type - but there could be teams that fall in love with the faster times and make a move for those guys - it will be a matter of preference

Now way he drops to the high teens TS.

He'll still be a top 10 pick.

Wanna bet Cubed's next bottle of peroxide?

we are really talking about hundreths of a second here - the question is as follows -

does the fact that rolle is nearly 6'1 and around 200 pounds offset the fact that he ran a tenth of a second slower than guys who are roughly 5'10 (or smaller) and 180ish?

i think size is still prized and Rolle is a prototype #1 CB -

but i've been wrong before and welcome dialogue

i think he's still a top CB and as long as he didn't run SLOW (which he didn't) will be #1 off the board - his vert and short shuttle were nice

remember he will be slower than Pac Man and Washington but he will not be as short as them - also Rolle had better college production - i think he's still a top 10 type - but there could be teams that fall in love with the faster times and make a move for those guys - it will be a matter of preference

Sounds to me like an Ed Reed situation all over again.

Sounds to me like an Ed Reed situation all over again.

we are really talking about hundreths of a second here - the question is as follows -

does the fact that rolle is nearly 6'1 and around 200 pounds offset the fact that he ran a tenth of a second slower than guys who are roughly 5'10 (or smaller) and 180ish?

i think size is still prized and Rolle is a prototype #1 CB -

but i've been wrong before and welcome dialogue

I still think Rolle is the top CB on the board, but I definitely think he has dropped a few pegs. I love the player because he is tough and a leader and brings alot of intangibles to the D, but, damn, I would have loved to see a 4.4 out of him.

Good feedback on Rolle...I didn't realize it was drizzling...When I find a better story at DD.com on the Pro Day ( more detail, I'll scrap the NFL link)...

It will be facinating to see how this plays out. Both sides make solid arguments.

Anybody notice Oregon State is on the schedule today?

Brandon Browner ran a 4.7 40 when I was watching...He needs to bounce back....After a awful 2004 season, I wonder if he's nothing more than an Old-fashion fraud, sold to unsuspecting draftniks looking for a hero?

Mitch Meuwesen (Thorpe finalist) was supposed to be the slow player for the Beavers...but he showed well at All-Star games...He's probably faster than BB--but who isn't, except Clarett?

Good feedback on Rolle...I didn't realize it was drizzling...When I find a better story at DD.com on the Pro Day ( more detail, I'll scrap the NFL link)...

It will be facinating to see how this plays out. Both sides make solid arguments.

Anybody notice Oregon State is on the schedule today?

Brandon Browner ran a 4.7 40 when I was watching...He needs to bounce back....After a awful 2004 season, I wonder if he's nothing more than an Old-fashion fraud, sold to unsuspecting draftniks looking for a hero?

Mitch Meuwesen (Thorpe finalist) was supposed to be the slow player for the Beavers...but he showed well at All-Star games...He's probably faster than BB--but who isn't, except Clarett?

Rigs, again, you were skeptical about Browner from the start. What happened to that 4.3 he was "going" to run? Bizarre what gets into the press at this time of year, no?

here's another tidbit - he ran those times on wet grass

:shock:

Antrel on a Rolle: Miami DC cements top-10 status

By NEIL STRATTON

Inside the League

With the first marquee pro day of the March workout season in the books, ITL takes a look at Antrel Rolle's numbers at Miami's pro day workout Thursday.

VARIABLES

Surface: Grass

Conditions: There was a slight drizzle in Coral Gables Thursday that turned into all-out rainy conditions shortly after the workout.

NUMBERS

40: Times ranged from 4.48 (at the slowest) to 4.38 (at the fastest). The consensus was that Rolle ran in the 4.41-4.42 range, a very impressive time on grass at around 6-feet tall and 205 pounds (we list him at 6000, 205, though Thursday's official height and weight were unavailable). Presuming he ran in the low- to mid-4.4 range, he came in significantly under the 4.55 time where ITL has had him listed.

Broad jump: 10 feet, 3 inches best (only four defensive backs 6-feet or taller jumped better at the combine, according to our numbers)

Vertical jump: Best of 38 inches (also 37)

20-yard shuttle: 3.98 seconds best, ranging to 4.02

3-cone shuttle: Fast time of 6.63 seconds, slowest 6.7

Also: The 'Canes corner only dropped one pass in what was considered a very impressive showing.

FYI that poster "JETS&Canes" on the board that shall remain nameless reported that Rolle ran a 4.41 and a 4.43 - i know it's splitting hairs - but those are better times than the ones on NFL.com

He's a good poster, but if he's getting that from the Miami press, they are notorious for making it sound like everybody on FSU, UM and UF runs a 4.3. I remember being down there one year and they were talking about this 217 lb white FS who went down with a knee injury and they said [paraphrasing] "The fear is that [FS]'s knee won't be sound for the rest of the season, turning his 4.32 forty time into a 4.4!" Truly laughable, but it was there

either way the significant factor is the surface - a 4.4 on wet grass is more impressive to me than a 4.3 on a dry warm track - the ITL article i posted also has the ranges of times from 4.38 to 4.48 - with the consensus in the 4.41-42 range

on wet grass that's good enough for me to keep him #1 CB in the ranks

either way the significant factor is the surface - a 4.4 on wet grass is more impressive to me than a 4.3 on a dry warm track - the ITL article i posted also has the ranges of times from 4.38 to 4.48 - with the consensus in the 4.41-42 range

on wet grass that's good enough for me to keep him #1 CB in the ranks

FREAKING NFL.COM IS TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK LIKE AN ASS!!! The BET'S off TEX! :lol:

Can we draft Rolle, please?

btw, anyone know when Carlos Rogers and Justin Miller are running?

TS, Jeff Popovich is the white at dude at Miami, right?

What year was this?

Sounds like Stan Smagala, remember him a billion years ago (1991) he went to N.D, but Jimmy drafted him for the Cowboys...real fast safety.

I read recently Smagala was arrested in Indiana after a ND alumni had a re-union for the title team (1988?) :lol:

TS, all the Pro dates are in the 1st link. nfl.com

########

Thanks Matt...Yes or no answer, do they have Roscoe's time up yet?

Either way, Kiper's wrong--he's not a 1st rounder...He's a kick returner with great return speed, but lesser WR skills for now.

TS, Jeff Popovich is the white dude at dude at Miami, right?

What year was this?

Sounds like Stan Smagala, remember him a billion years ago (1991) he went to N.D, but Jimmy drafted him for the Cowboys...real fast safety.

I read recently Smagala was arrested in Indiana after a ND alumni had a re-union for the title team (1988?) :lol:

TS, all the Pro dates are in the 1st link. nfl.com

########

Either way, Kiper's wrong--he's not a 1st rounder...He's a kick returner with great return speed, but lesser WR skills for now.

I can't remember the name Rigs, but it was an FSU guy about 4-5 years ago.

I do remember Smagala, strangely enough. I'm looking to see if Steve Gregory runs at S.U.'s Pro Day. I guarantee he drops a 4.3.

no

i agree Roscoe is a fraudulent first day guy - too slight for real WR work

Bit, Roscoe has sick returner potential, but the 4.3 or 4.4 speed doesn't translate to WR...

At least it won't for a while...

#####

Was the FSU player named McCorkle, or something like that?

I remember FSU got some real fast white-dude in like 1999, but then he never played and never saw from him again :o

Gregory kind of even looks like Sehorn...

GregorySteve04jerweb.jpg

Gregory- mad skills. I have a man-crush on him at CB. Hopefully, with Pasqualoni burning in hell, Gregory can get moved back to CB where he belongs.

I'll see if I can remember the player, Rigs. Damn that's frustrating. I'll go look up FSU history.

Archived