Patriots called Simms & Rattay before Brady injury

PATS CALLED SIMMS, RATTAY BEFORE BRADY INJURY

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 9, 2008, 4:03 p.m.

The odd story about the New England Patriots inviting Chris Simms and Tim Rattay to New England, only to ask them to leave without even working them out, turns out to be a bit different than it first appeared.

Everyone has assumed that the Patriots called Simms and Rattay only because they needed a quarterback when Tom Brady got hurt, but Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that in reality, the Patriots made plans to bring Simms and Rattay to town on Saturday, before Brady suffered a season-ending knee injury.

So apparently the Patriots were interested in Simms and Rattay only as backups to Brady, and once it was clear that there would be no backup to Brady because Brady would spend the season on injured reserve, they didn

That's confusing. They invited the 2 QB's to town only to uninvite them, am i reading that right?

And they wanted them BEFORE Brady got hurt but now they don't? I don't get it but then again that's why BB is the genius. :confused:

I think it's actually a smart move by belly. time to rally around what you got to save further dissaray & confusion.

once we stomp their asses then he can bring in a new guy

It's because they needed a third back-up. Say Brady goes down (he did) and Cassell goes down (anything can happen) they sure as heck can't put O'Connell in there.

I tried this one before with no luck, let's see if it sticks now.....

Hey Garby Anthony Smith called, he say's we gonna kick some Patsy butt this year.

:1st:

I tried this one before with no luck, let's see if it sticks now.....

Hey Garby Anthony Smith called, he say's we gonna kick some Patsy butt this year.

:1st:

He might be right for once. No Brady - Pitt wins easy...unless Ben's shoulder is too sore.;) Should I start calling him a noodle shoulder?

What's this noodle leg crap anyway? He's a QB. Jets fans have some nerve. Their KICKER goes down. KICKER. You know - the guy that kicks the ball with his leg. KICKER. Can I call him noodle leg?

He might be right for once. No Brady - Pitt wins easy...unless Ben's shoulder is too sore.;) Should I start calling him a noodle shoulder?

What's this noodle leg crap anyway? He's a QB. Jets fans have some nerve. Their KICKER goes down. KICKER. You know - the guy that kicks the ball with his leg. KICKER. Can I call him noodle leg?

Blame me. :thumbup:

NOODLE LEG

lol Hey every year Ben has some sort of ailments, i'm used to him gettin' dissed by now. I guess ya can technically call the kicker noodle leg, i'm sure it won't bother Jets fan much these days tho. :lol:

BTW i got a good long look see at my teams future should Ben go down to injury. Byron Leftwich SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Please Ben STAY HEALTHY!!! :eek:

There are no good QBs available, so it's a choice between a crappy QB that knows the system, or a crappy QB that is new to the team.

To me it's either stick to what they have or trade for a decent QB and go for broke.

Was thinking that myself. I'd bet that should Cassel falter the first few weeks they may just trade for a vet to try n salvage a playoff run.

Archived