Is SD's pass D really 31st?

TNJet

It's only been two games, and they just ran into Cutler. I'm sure Dallas' and Philly Ds are ranked really badly too, although I suspect they will bounce back.

Without Merriman, the Chargers D is definitely not as good. For all the **** he gets, that dude does change a defense.

Their secondary has been noticeably weaker without the pass rush of merriman and they have been especially vulnerable to good TE play. I think this would be the best weekend to see more of Chris Baker and Dustin Keller and less of Franks; i don't care if he does make favre feel more comfortable with him. It was quite obvious how vrabel, bruschi, mayo or whoever was trying to cover keller on that one play just couldn't keep up..he creates such mismatches that it's fairly aggravating to not see him more involved in the offense.

The reason isn't becuase they've faced Delhomme & nobody receivers or Cutler & Marshall its because they have ZERO pass rush. ZERO. ZERRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOO. It is becoming more and more clear that Shaun Phillips was getting his 10 or so sacks a season because of the attention that was being placed towards Shawne Merriman. I highly doubt this guy gets 7 sacks in 2008 without Merriman on the other side.

Without a pass rush, two Deion Sanders can be exposed.

Archived