Breaking it down...

ECURB

OK guys... I know... I know... its week 3 and you dont want to hear it... trust me if the JETS Coaching Staff can turn it around... I will be one of the happiest JETS fans out there... I just dont see it though...

They just dont have enough skills to beat good teams or win big games... they have shown it again and again... everyone used Pennington as the excuse... now they got Favre a HOF QB and the same thing seems to be playing out...

Big games or Good teams won/beat by the JETS under Mangini

Steelers week 11 - 07'

Patriots week 10 - 06'

Only 2 games... both came after a bye week when they had extra time to prepare...

You guys should really be catching on... these guys are doing EXACTLY what you called Chad out for doing... they win the easy games... blow everything else...

Shotty cant call a good game to save his life... he is calling the same BS plays that he did with Clemens/Pennington last season yet he has a HOF QB behind center... with a revamped Oline...

Sutton blows... I think we can all agree on this... the defense is never put in a position to make plays it seems like the players are always having to use their pure skill to make of for a lack of good playcalling...

Like I said though I hope they turn it around... Coughlin did it across town... I hope Mangini can too .... but I just dont see it.

-------------------- Just to add ANOTHER reason

Points per game... broken down

2001 - 308 19.25

2002 - 359 22.44

2003 - 283 17.69

2004 - 333 20.81

2005 - 240 15.00

Average during Herm (5 years) 19.04

2006 316 19.75

2007 268 16.75

2008 ????

Average during Mangini (2 years) 18.25

Just so you folks can compare... here are the same stats for the Phins since 01' who only made the playoffs in 01'...

Dolphins PPG

2001 - 344 21.50

2002 - 378 23.63

2003 - 311 19.44

2004 - 275 17.19

2005 - 318 19.88

2006 - 260 16.25

2007 - 267 16.69

Average 19.23

Come back in off the ledge. The season just started.

:lol:

I keep trying but this staff shows no improvement... actually they seem to have regressed... this staff was better in 06'.

I feel bad for all of these players to be going through this again...

This debate is going on full fledge in another thread where you have been called out and proved wrong repeatedly, yet you felt the need to start another ridiculously stupid thread to go along with the hundreds of other stupid threads that have gone on this week. What a schmuck.

OK guys... I know... I know... its week 3 and you dont want to hear it... trust me if the JETS Coaching Staff can turn it around... I will be one of the happiest JETS fans out there... I just dont see it though...

They just dont have enough skills to beat good teams or win big games... they have shown it again and again... everyone used Pennington as the excuse... now they got Favre a HOF QB and the same thing seems to be playing out...

Big games or Good teams won/beat by the JETS under Mangini

Steelers week 11 - 07'

Patriots week 10 - 06'

Only 2 games... both came after a bye week when they had extra time to prepare...

You guys should really be catching on... these guys are doing EXACTLY what you called Chad out for doing... they win the easy games... blow everything else...

Shotty cant call a good game to save his life... he is calling the same BS plays that he did with Clemens/Pennington last season yet he has a HOF QB behind center... with a revamped Oline...

Sutton blows... I think we can all agree on this... the defense is never put in a position to make plays it seems like the players are always having to use their pure skill to make of for a lack of good playcalling...

Like I said though I hope they turn it around... Coughlin did it across town... I hope Mangini can too .... but I just dont see it.

also in 06 when they almost beat the undefeated colts and undefeated bears. we actually play the good teams tough, we always lose the games we should win.

This debate is going on full fledge in another thread where you have been called out and proved wrong repeatedly, yet you felt the need to start another ridiculously stupid thread to go along with the hundreds of other stupid threads that have gone on this week. What a schmuck.

He does this every season.

You are the biggest internet whore going.

We get it...youre sad Chad is gone.

And you calling people idiots here? Please explain to me how I am sad Chad is gone... I dont give ****... you seem to though. You have no response for me so you try to use Chad... ****ing pitiful.

That was a gamethread... gone offtopic and it was never prefaced with my full opinion... feel free to have a real debate about it in here...

Tell me what big games this CS has come through on other than the 2 I mentioned after Bye weeks...

also in 06 when they almost beat the undefeated colts and undefeated bears. we actually play the good teams tough, we always lose the games we should win.

Yeah the players do play tough, and the coaches shoot them in the foot... you just proved my point... the players play well in spite of the coaches...

Oh and Instant Classic... just becuase I dont agree with you... you dont have to act like a child... debate the topic or grow up and get out.

You are the biggest internet whore going.

We get it...youre sad Chad is gone.

It's called internet whoring.

Did I miss something? Did the Jets lose today? I thought they were playing tomorrow night. :)

He does this every season.

Come back in off the ledge. The season just started.

You guys sure are proving me wrong... :roll:

And you calling people idiots here? Please explain to me how I am sad Chad is gone... I dont give ****... you seem to though. You have no response for me so you try to use Chad... ****ing pitiful.

That was a gamethread... gone offtopic and it was never prefaced with my full opinion... feel free to have a real debate about it in here...

Tell me what big games this CS has come through on other than the 2 I mentioned after Bye weeks...

No, this thread is simply a repeat of the 5 million other ridiculously stupid threads you have started and repeatedly been proven wrong time and time again. But yet you feel the need to start a new thread AGAIN! No one really cares anymore Crubber. We get it, we know how you feel, and most everyone thinks you're an idiot. None of these things are going to change, not your opinion, not other people's opinion, and not the fact that you are an idiot.

No, this thread is simply a repeat of the 5 million other ridiculously stupid threads you have started and repeatedly been proven wrong time and time again. But yet you feel the need to start a new thread AGAIN! No one really cares anymore Crubber. We get it, we know how you feel, and most everyone thinks you're an idiot. None of these things are going to change, not your opinion, not other people's opinion, and not the fact that you are an idiot.

I faced the same flak when I thought Herm was an idiot... I can handle it.

You guys are doing an awesome job defending this CS by the way ;)

I faced the same flak when I thought Herm was an idiot... I can handle it.

You guys are doing an awesome job defending this CS by the way ;)

Oh, so now you were some pioneer in the "I hate Herm" brigade?? Are you friggin serious!! People were hating him from the day he was signed, and even more so the longer he coached here. You are so delusional it's sick.

Oh, so now you were some pioneer in the "I hate Herm" brigade?? Are you friggin serious!! People were hating him from the day he was signed, and even more so the longer he coached here. You are so delusional it's sick.

I never said that your making it up out of thin air... nice try though...

I wasnt even here yet... my friends and local JETS fans all thought I was insane for hating Herm... I always hoped for the best with him to start the year too though... I always hope for the best but Im not scared to realize the obvious...

Your doing great... Im really starting to feel differently about mangini... keep it up...

You guys sure are proving me wrong... :roll:

How about letting the CS prove you wrong? Or right? Starting tomorrow night. Yes, they blew it last week. Let's see if they learn from their mistakes. Believe me, if they blow some more, you will have plenty of company. And you can take credit for "calling it". In the meantime, what are you going to do? Get them fired in mid-season? We have heard all of your points. Let's see what happens.

I never said that your making it up out of thin air... nice try though...

I wasnt even here yet... my friends and local JETS fans all thought I was insane for hating Herm... I always hoped for the best with him to start the year too though... I always hope for the best but Im not scared to realize the obvious...

Your doing great... Im really starting to feel differently about mangini... keep it up...

The sad thing is you have no clue why people aren't even bothering to debate you. You're the equivalent of a bum holding a sign saying "The end is near" on his chest. Sure, we could all go over to him and debate all day how chances are the end isn't actually near at all. But in the end the guy is a bum and is it really worth the wasted air trying to debate with him?

How about letting the CS prove you wrong? Or right? Starting tomorrow night. Yes, they blew it last week. Let's see if they learn from their mistakes. Believe me, if they blow some more, you will have plenty of company. And you can take credit for "calling it". In the meantime, what are you going to do? Get them fired in mid-season? We have heard all of your points. Let's see what happens.

Thats why I removed the sig and backed off a bit... just wanted to lay it all out there in a neat format... nobody can argue with my points so far... if you think they look like a good satff thus far your nuts... we dump the ball off more than herm did...

The sad thing is you have no clue why people aren't even bothering to debate you. You're the equivalent of a bum holding a sign saying "The end is near" on his chest. Sure, we could all go over to him and debate all day how chances are the end isn't actually near at all. But in the end the guy is a bum and is it really worth the wasted air trying to debate with him?

Thats fine, it must have really pissed you off when you felt in your heart Herm sucked and a lot of people wouldnt listen huh?

You want a defense of this CS?

We're 1-1, we have a lot of new pieces at a lot of new positions, and we've played two teams that also had a lot of new pieces at a lot of new positions.

Gameplanning is kinda hard when you have nothing really to go on. For the Dolphins, they have a new OL, an entirely new CS, and an entirely new defense from last year's team. Hard to really develop a great gameplan when you only have preseason tape to go on. Hell, BB, the master of gameplans, couldn't come up with one good enough to even slow down the Dolphins today, and thats with 2 weeks of reg season tape to go on.

As for the Pats, well, we would have had to go back to HS tapes to find the last game their starting QB for the game started. I don't feel our gameplan for the Pats was as terrible as many are making it seem, we got killed on ST and in the field position battle, and still kept it close. Many have complained that we didn't air it out enough, but really, we did. I remember throwing at least 3 balls 30+ yds downfield that were incomplete, and another one that went for about 35-40 yds that was called back due to offensive pass interference. He also completed a couple deep ones as well. Hell, I know he's Brett Favre, but we can't just air it out on every single play.

You want a defense of this CS?

We're 1-1, we have a lot of new pieces at a lot of new positions, and we've played two teams that also had a lot of new pieces at a lot of new positions.

Gameplanning is kinda hard when you have nothing really to go on. For the Dolphins, they have a new OL, an entirely new CS, and an entirely new defense from last year's team. Hard to really develop a great gameplan when you only have preseason tape to go on. Hell, BB, the master of gameplans, couldn't come up with one good enough to even slow down the Dolphins today, and thats with 2 weeks of reg season tape to go on.

As for the Pats, well, we would have had to go back to HS tapes to find the last game their starting QB for the game started. I don't feel our gameplan for the Pats was as terrible as many are making it seem, we got killed on ST and in the field position battle, and still kept it close. Many have complained that we didn't air it out enough, but really, we did. I remember throwing at least 3 balls 30+ yds downfield that were incomplete, and another one that went for about 35-40 yds that was called back due to offensive pass interference. He also completed a couple deep ones as well. Hell, I know he's Brett Favre, but we can't just air it out on every single play.

Good points but the problem is BB gameplanned very well against us and we have alomst all of the same new pieces as the Phins...

The JETS dont have the "go for the throat" attitude you need in the NFL today... thats a coaching problem...

Also the fact that the JETS needed to go back to HS tapes is more reason not to let him throw as well as he did... also he played in 4 preseason games... sure its nto all the plays but it gives you an idea of his tendencies...

I've never neg repped a Pats fan. In fact the only neg reps I ever gave were to ECrub and jetrule128, who are pretty much one in the same in terms of retardedness.

The only time I negged rep anyone was in response to what I felt was a stupid neg rep given to me. I believe ecurb may have received one of those.

Archived