O Line struggling

Harry85

I think it is safe to say that the O line isnt quite what it should be. Favre was on the boarder of getting his head knocked off against the Chargers. Way too many sacks given up and not picking up the blitz. I dont want to point fingers but this line should be performing way better than they are. Callahan might want to figure out how to fixx this problem asap or it could be a long season for favre having to rush throws and getting hurt.

I think it is safe to say that the O line isnt quite what it should be. Favre was on the boarder of getting his head knocked off against the Chargers. Way too many sacks given up and not picking up the blitz. I dont want to point fingers but this line should be performing way better than they are. Callahan might want to figure out how to fixx this problem asap or it could be a long season for favre having to rush throws and getting hurt.

They gave up a couple of sacks, but they were far from the problem.

I would like for the defense to get off the field on 3rd down once in a while.

The jet's pass blocking isn't even close to the problem. Our defense as a whole isn't even the problem, it's specifically our 3rd down defense. We have absolutely zero pass rush and we were what 2/10 on stopping 3rd down conversions or some ****...Until we can get our defense off the field and our offense back on it, we will not win games against tough opponents.

I remember when the schedule came out everyone assumed we would be going 1-2, but still have a chance to run off a good record. Now that its happened, i feel like everyone forgot what they were saying a few weeks ago.

The jet's pass blocking isn't even close to the problem. Our defense as a whole isn't even the problem, it's specifically our 3rd down defense. We have absolutely zero pass rush and we were what 2/10 on stopping 3rd down conversions or some ****...Until we can get our defense off the field and our offense back on it, we will not win games against tough opponents.

I remember when the schedule came out everyone assumed we would be going 1-2, but still have a chance to run off a good record. Now that its happened, i feel like everyone forgot what they were saying a few weeks ago.

It's not our record, but how we lost each time. The Pats without brady were very beatable, we just rolled over. The Chargers had everything going against them, being 0-2 and giving up a pick 6 to start the game, but we just rolled over. Although at least we kept fighting in this one, although we started when it was too late.

That's why I'm saying losing to the Cards won't kill us. But HOW we lose is what is important. Honestly, even starting 1-3, which I thought was very likely if you saw my pre-season predictions, we can still finish, although unlikely, 13-3. More likely though is 11 wins, the schedule is easy and I like our personnel.

I just do not like our coaches. They really bother me.

Favre had all day on plenty of plays. Even Romo faces pressure once in awhile. Watch more football games, the Jets pass blocking is very good.

OL will be fine. Do we ever defend that crossing pattern they threw on third down? If we cannot defend it why dont we at least use it ourselves? Our DL is garbage without Jenkins. He is the whole deal.

Our O-line has been outstanding this season IMO. Pass protection was far from the problem, especially considering the talent on the other side of the ball. Their run blocking has been worthy of a better running back too.

I agree with most of the posters that the O-line is not the problem, but outstanding? C'mon. Most of the sacks came on blitzes, but there were times that it was like a jailbreak. Good chance that comes from a lack of time working together and some may be Favre getting back into the game and speeding the reads. The worst part is on big downs when Favre spins away from the rush and loses an additional 10-15 yards knocking the team out of field goal range. It's happened the last two weeks.

OL will be fine. Do we ever defend that crossing pattern they threw on third down? If we cannot defend it why dont we at least use it ourselves? Our DL is garbage without Jenkins. He is the whole deal.

AEC?

Archived