How many wins do we need to be in the playoffs?

Columbia Jet Fan

Looking at the standings and its still kind of unpredictable...to win the division I'm assuming we will need at least 11 wins and maybe win a tie breaker...Buffalo has a pretty easy schedule (as we do) and even though I don't think they are great...they are a very solid football team.

In the wild card mix they're will probably be...

San Diego (2-2)/Denver (3-1)

Tenn (4-0)/Jax (2-2)/Indy (1-2)

Ravens (2-1)

New England (2-1)

Of those teams I am least worried about the ravens...

New England to me is a complete mystery, I'm not willing to write them off like most are doing b/c I think the game against the Jets was more reflective than the dolphins...we'll see but I still don't see them making it...

The West/South are tough b/c its so wide open...I like both San Diego and Denver a lot, think both teams have a ton of talent...I'm assuming one of them will get one of the two wild card spots...

That leaves the Jets (if they make it that far) competing w/ the AFC South for the last spot... Tennesee is a tough team off to a great start, I don't know how successful they will be as the season goes on but I have been wrong about them thus far...I think Jacksonville falls off as the season goes on...

so that leaves us w/ Indy and the Titans...I'll go w/ the Jets beating out the colts and the titans winning the division...both Indy and NYJ get 10 wins and the Jets win a tie breaker...

Thoughts?

Looking at the standings and its still kind of unpredictable...to win the division I'm assuming we will need at least 11 wins and maybe win a tie breaker...Buffalo has a pretty easy schedule (as we do) and even though I don't think they are great...they are a very solid football team.

In the wild card mix they're will probably be...

San Diego (2-2)/Denver (3-1)

Tenn (4-0)/Jax (2-2)/Indy (1-2)

Ravens (2-1)

New England (2-1)

Of those teams I am least worried about the ravens...

New England to me is a complete mystery, I'm not willing to write them off like most are doing b/c I think the game against the Jets was more reflective than the dolphins...we'll see but I still don't see them making it...

The West/South are tough b/c its so wide open...I like both San Diego and Denver a lot, think both teams have a ton of talent...I'm assuming one of them will get one of the two wild card spots...

That leaves the Jets (if they make it that far) competing w/ the AFC South for the last spot... Tennesee is a tough team off to a great start, I don't know how successful they will be as the season goes on but I have been wrong about them thus far...I think Jacksonville falls off as the season goes on...

so that leaves us w/ Indy and the Titans...I'll go w/ the Jets beating out the colts and the titans winning the division...both Indy and NYJ get 10 wins and the Jets win a tie breaker...

Thoughts?

i would be shocked if we made playoffs this year

flacco looked pretty good and with that D, they could sneak in

I'm not a believer of the Bills yet, Baltimore has a solid defense and Flacco is doing all the right things SO FAR. The one team that will be there in the end will be Tennessee.

11 wins should put us in a good spot, 10 may have us miss unless its 10 with a division. Going to be tough to make the playoffs this season. Hopefully Sunday was a start of a lot of good things to come.

Teams I do see being there at the end contending for 1 of the 6 spots:

New England, Buffalo, JETS, Pitt, Balt, Jax, Tenn, Indy, San Diego and Denver.

10 teams for 6 spots. If i had to choose now the outsiders who will probably be looking in.. Jax, Balt, Buffalo and possibly the JETS.

This team has shown sides of pure greatness and then signs of "what the heck was that" I need 2-3 solid weeks of good football for me to believe this team will win this division if not grab a wildcard. Were talented enough and have all the tools and I believe we will and can I just don't feel great about it right now.

I'm not a believer of the Bills yet, Baltimore has a solid defense and Flacco is doing all the right things SO FAR. The one team that will be there in the end will be Tennessee.

I disagree. Their defense, needs Haynesworth more than we need Jenkins, and they have Collins thowing the ball to McCareins and Gage.

Titans are overrated.

I disagree. Their defense, needs Haynesworth more than we need Jenkins, and they have Collins thowing the ball to McCareins and Gage.

Titans are overrated.

I like there head coach a lot. Fisher is a firey guy. They have some good dbacks there as well. There all over the ball. You can be right and Haynesworth is a HUGE part to the success of that defense I just dont see them going anywhere oppose to the Bills slipping.

Archived