Pettitte wants to return for 2009

Zeebers

I'll pass.

The Yankees dont need anymore relics, we have enough of those with Derek Jeter, Moose,Jorge Posada, Bobby Abreu and the rest of the 34+ lot.

We need to try to find young pitchers and develop them better than we have. Hopefully, Hughes has gotten better along with Kennedy. We should also aquire some free agent talent or trade if the value is there. The Yankees really showed their age this season. It's sad watching the top players like Jeter get old.

Hopefully Mussina follows his lead. We don't exactly have any greats in the farm system waiting to come up. We're going to rely on Wang, Andy & Moose (hopefully), Hughes and name your 5th starter. Kennedy? Joba (probably not)? Hopefully we do go after Derek Lowe. Thats who I want, not C.C. Sabathia.

We need both of them back. And we STILL need to go get 2 new (and better) pitchers as well.

I agree with Barton here, we 100% need both of them back, because there is no guarantee that C.C. Sabathia, or any other free agent pitcher even wants to play for the Yankees. If we sign Sabathia, and bring the both of them back, we could have a rotation like this:

Sabathia

Wang

Pettitte

Mussina

Joba/Hughes

That would give us depth, something that killed us last season and made us start Sidney Ponson, and Darrell Rasner a lot of games last season.

Archived