Why Was Drew Coleman Active?

jetsrule128

For the Jets, Drew Coleman is active for the first time since the Nov. 9 game against the Rams.

did he really need to play today?

obviously we sat him for a reason

he was not hurt

He needed to be activated to bring Mangini's Impossible Dream to fruition: The "38 Special" - 3 down linemen & 8 DB's as a base formation. It's coming folks. The part that will really confuse the other team is when we switch it up and have 4 guys with a hand in the dirt now & then...that 4th guy being Ty Law. Talk about trickery. It's gotta work. Is it Mangenius or Madgenius? Doesn't really matter; we fear it all the same.

If you need any more evidence that Sutton is an incomptent old fool look no further than ysterday where he repeatedly had Coleman, our worst CB on the roster covering the 9ers bsest WR Isaac Bruce, a future hall of famer to boot. Instead of Revis marking Bruce all over the field we have Coleman on him way too often.

It really is baffling

Coleman couldn't make my local HS team. In addition to not covering anyone, he came untouched on a blitz that would have taken the 49ers out of FG range in the 4th quarter and proceed to run past Hill at breakneck speed. Hill took one (1) sidestep and watched Coleman fly past him like a speeding bullet.

If you need any more evidence that Sutton is an incomptent old fool look no further than ysterday where he repeatedly had Coleman, our worst CB on the roster covering the 9ers bsest WR Isaac Bruce, a future hall of famer to boot. Instead of Revis marking Bruce all over the field we have Coleman on him way too often.

It really is baffling

Do you really think Revis did much better?

There is not a player on that team that should have been active yesterday.

Do you really think Revis did much better?

There is not a player on that team that should have been active yesterday.

Yea, I saw Revis stop Bruce on a 3rd down completion preventing him from getting the first down.

Its not about who played well and who didnt. The point is the coaches during the week put together a game plan where Coleman would match up with Bruce in the slot. That is a terrible idea if youask me. Naturally you should want Revis marking him all over the field. But I guess he was too busy covering Jerry Rice yesterday.

Archived