THE NFL SHAVES POINTS THREAD

Borgoguy

Your jealousy/unmitigated hatred for the Pats is on full display. Has it ever occurred to you that the Pats were better than the Jets when it counted?

In case you are dumber than a stump the Jets beat the Pats in their 2nd meeting in 2002, 2006 & 2008.

So much for your theory about the Pats getting an advantage from stealing signals.

BTW: Those wins were in Foxboro.

um

OK

how were the tapes shown in May if they were detroyed in October again ?

Another game where I am screaming my head off to the point of rupturing an aneurism. Once again, the NFL--through the gutless, incompetent minion Jeff Tripplett--shaved four points off the board. Keller was fouled and it should have been first and goal for the Jets. Instead,yet again, they picked up the flag with no explanation.

Another game where I am screaming my head off to the point of rupturing an aneurism. Once again, the NFL--through the gutless, incompetent minion Jeff Tripplett--shaved four points off the board. Keller was fouled and it should have been first and goal for the Jets. Instead,yet again, they picked up the flag with no explanation.

What? The Jets are getting all the calls today. The Bills had a TD nullified for christsakes.

Have you ever ref'd a game? I have. ;)

Seriously though, I did a volunteer ref job for my kids soccer game. We are talking 10 year old kids. There was one play and I was in good position eyes on the play to make a call and it happened so fast I did not know what happened. Now you are talking about NFL athletes. Mistakes happened.

I thought that before your allowed to coach any team in NE, that you had to take Bellicheats "Cheating 101". You could fail the course as long as you tried your damnest to cheat...

post-470-12804639967487_thumb.jpg

What? The Jets are getting all the calls today. The Bills had a TD nullified for christsakes.

Getting calls? Were you watching the same game? They Bills didn't have a penalty called against them until the third quarter. Best play of the day for me was watching that POS Tripplett eat turf. Please someone make a gif out of that play. That guy has been a disaster of a ref for years.

Getting calls? Were you watching the same game? They Bills didn't have a penalty called against them until the third quarter. Best play of the day for me was watching that POS Tripplett eat turf. Please someone make a gif out of that play. That guy has been a disaster of a ref for years.

I watched the game. I saw a Bills kick return for a TD get called back for holding. The Jets O-line was holding all freaking day but I never saw a flag.

STFU.

Thanks, Barton. Not only a hold, but the mother f**ker had him by the face mask. How many gifts do they want?

I'm not a dick (I hope not) but the bitching about the Pats holding every play pisses me off. That's why I mentioned the Jets O-line holding every farking play.

BUMP...PITTSBURGH VS BALTIMORE

Hey, guess what everybody? Good ol' boy Walt Coleman and his equally inept crew of "officials" were involved in yet another controversy. Why did he change the on field call that the Pittsburgh receiver was short of the goal line? Clearly, the 10,000 replays showed that the ball had not broken the plane of the goal line. Isn't he required by the NFL replay rules (an oxymoron, no?) to have irrefutable evidence to overturn the call? What did he see that no one else did? Oh, I think you can all answer that question.

BUMP...

Hey, guess what everybody? Good ol' boy Walt Coleman and his equally inept crew of "officials" were involved in yet another controversy. Why did he change the on field call that the Pittsburgh receiver was short of the goal line? Clearly, the 10,000 replays showed that the ball had not broken the plane of the goal line. Isn't he required by the NFL replay rules (an oxymoron, no?) to have irrefutable evidence to overturn the call? What did he see that no one else did? Oh, I think you can all answer that question.

walt overturned the Tuck when it clearly was not conclusive to overturn.

he should be fired

walt overturned the Tuck when it clearly was not conclusive to overturn.

he should be fired

So, how many weeks have Goddell and his minion Mike Pereira been on the clock to explain all these questionable calls? Head of "officials" Pereira probably gets more phone calls on Mondays than the President of the U.S. Let's also--again--not forget that uber-dunce/fraud Jeff Triplett picked up another flag yesterday on a clear pass interference call on Dustin Keller that would have give us the ball inside the 10 when we desperately needed to score. Replays clearly showed that the Bills' defender was playing the man and not the ball, as well as bumping him before the ball arrived. If we lose yesterday's game, that is a massive blown call by Triplett.

BUMP...PITTSBURGH VS BALTIMORE

It's absolutely absurd that they overturned that call... no chance any replay was anything remotely close to "conclusive".

I was more upset, because I wanted to see what Tomlin was going to do on 4th down, down by 3 on the road, 2 inches from the goal line. Personally, I would've gone for it.

It's absolutely absurd that they overturned that call... no chance any replay was anything remotely close to "conclusive".

I was more upset, because I wanted to see what Tomlin was going to do on 4th down, down by 3 on the road, 2 inches from the goal line. Personally, I would've gone for it.

That's a great observation, JH. Not only did Coleman make the wrong decision--AGAIN--he took away the drama of Pittsburgh either going for it or kicking the field goal, and the fun of watching them continue to battle it out in overtime. The only reason that I am beating a dead horse with this thread is to call attention to the NFL's lack of willingness to change an obviously flawed system.

Archived