The Celtics thread

Gainzo

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clippers win.

Crappy way to finish the road trip. To top it off this happened:

Backup Celtics guard Gabe Pruitt was arrested early this morning in the Los Angeles area on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, celebrity gossip web site TMZ.com reported this morning. A search of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department web site found that someone with Pruitt's exact name and birthday was arrested at 3:07 a.m. and booked at 5:57 a.m. Bail was set at $5,000.

The LACSD web site did not indicate the exact charge, only that it was a misdemeanor.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/02/pruitt_arrested.html

That game against the Clippers made the C's fans almost **** themselves again. First losing Garnett, and then just the thought of having both Garnett, and Pierce gone for a while went through their mind. What a scary thought, that would all but clinch the conference for Cleveland.

Tell me about it. Pierce dislocated his thumb twice last night and although the x-rays were negative you know that its going to bother him for a while.

All is good. The C's have Starbury :crossfingers:

Tell me about it. Pierce dislocated his thumb twice last night and although the x-rays were negative you know that its going to bother him for a while.

All is good. The C's have Starbury :crossfingers:

Cleveland lost tonight to Houston as well, so that helps, and what also helps is Cleveland is playing San Antonio tomorrow night, in San Antonio, which most likely means two straight games they'll lose.

Thats good news for both our teams... lol

Big weekend coming up for the Celtics. They host the Cavs Friday and the Magic on Sunday.

It's going to be tough without KG & Scalabrine (yes I mentioned Scal). Will be interesting to see if they can get a split.

I am honestly unsure with the Magic some nights, and thrilled with them other nights. I thought a high scoring team like Phoenix would smash them, but I keep forgetting that the Magic defense is actually pretty good.

I think Boston will beat the Magic, but lose to Cleveland. I just think the refs will butt **** Lebron again, just like they did when Cleveland played Miami earlier this week.

I am honestly unsure with the Magic some nights, and thrilled with them other nights. I thought a high scoring team like Phoenix would smash them, but I keep forgetting that the Magic defense is actually pretty good.

I think Boston will beat the Magic, but lose to Cleveland. I just think the refs will butt **** Lebron again, just like they did when Cleveland played Miami earlier this week.

Nice wins for the Magic and Celtics tonight. The Celtics won with the Cavs taking 25 more free throws. Looking forward to Sunday.

You should look forward to Sunday. The Celtics are going to kick the living **** out of them...

I'm not sure about that. The Cavs had no answer for Big Baby, Moore and Powe last night in the paint. That did not look like a Championship caliber team at all.

I think Howard is going to have a big game tomorrow.

I'm not sure about that. The Cavs had no answer for Big Baby, Moore and Powe last night in the paint. That did not look like a Championship caliber team at all.

Judging by the quote...JCB is back off his bandwagon. LOL

Should be a good one Gainzo..I just wish KG and Jameer were playing.

No, I think we can contain him. As long as we can keep Turkoglu away the ball, Howard will be their only weapon. I've seen Perk step-up his defense lately, so it will all come down to that match-up and if Pierce scores 20+.

I've said that Cleveland is a joke all season long, and the Magic are definitely better than them with Jameer in the lineup, there really is no question about it.

For the Magic to win, they need Howard, Hedo, and Rashard to combine for 60 points, at the very least, otherwise they've basically got no chance.

I don't really know if this will be the year of the Boston-Orlando Eastern Conference Championship, because of the Nelson injury, but it's possible next year.

Cleveland is, and will always be pathetic in my mind... lol

First of all, good game Celtics, you made an insane comeback, without the guy that makes your offense move, and the guy that makes your defense so amazing, and you still held us to 86 points.

I have to say something Boston fans, and blackout in particular. I was wrong about Rajon Rondo, for the first 3 quarters, the Celtics just didn't look like themselves. They looked confused without Rondo.

You still wont see me saying he's better then Jameer, because quite honestly I just don't think he is, but he sure does make your offense move correctly. Sure he doesn't score the points that Jameer does, but I will never call him crap again... lol

I've basically got one gripe about yesterdays game. What the hell is wrong with Boston's announcer? Is he retarded or something. I am talking about Tommy Heinsohn, talk about the biggest ****ing homer in the world of sports. Seriously, how does an idiot like him have a job?

I've basically got one gripe about yesterdays game. What the hell is wrong with Boston's announcer? Is he retarded or something. I am talking about Tommy Heinsohn, talk about the biggest ****ing homer in the world of sports. Seriously, how does an idiot like him have a job?

Tommy has always been like that. He played for and coached the Celtics a long time ago. He used to be the color guy for the CBS broadcasts back in the 80's and he was exactly the same.

I expect nothing less from the home town teams broadcasters. The play by play guy, Mike Gorman, is pretty decent.

Tommy has always been like that. He played for and coached the Celtics a long time ago. He used to be the color guy for the CBS broadcasts back in the 80's and he was exactly the same.

I expect nothing less from the home town teams broadcasters. The play by play guy, Mike Gorman, is pretty decent.

Gainzo...this post deserves a TOMMY POINT!

Yeah, but what annoys me is when the Celtics are playing on NBA TV, and they use the Celtics announcers during the telecast. Do you think opposing teams' fans really want to hear that nonsense?

Yeah, but what annoys me is when the Celtics are playing on NBA TV, and they use the Celtics announcers during the telecast. Do you think opposing teams' fans really want to hear that nonsense?

Of course they don't but that is the nature of NBA TV. They simulcast the games from the home teams local coverage. NHL TV does the same and I'm sure MLB TV will follow suit.

The Celtics lost to the Heat tonight 107-99. A few points about this game:

1). Wade is awesome. He is having an MVP type season.

2). The Miami "fans." They were chanting Celtics suck in the 3rd quarter but probably didn't know that the C's were without KG, Rondo, Big Baby, Tony Allen and Scal.

3). Is there any other Arena in the NBA where the PA announcer leads defense chants?

4). The Arena looked full. Looks like the Miami bandwagon is back!

Archived