MLB Network debut tonight...6 PM

NIGHT STALKER

Well I think they are off to a good start by showing Don Larsen's World Series perfect game.

I had a chance to look at their schedule and the one thing I like so far will be the classic games which started off with Larsen's perfecto. They will have more classic games, Ken Burns 1994 Documentary "Baseball". They will be doing alot from the World Baseball Classic so they should be busy all the way to opening.

I hope they do a better job than NFL Network which I personally think sucks.

Hope some of you guys got to watch that Larson no hitter tonight. Watching that game reminded me why games today take so long. Batters rarely stepped out of the batters box between pitches...today, it's after every freaken pitch. Secondly, the only time they changed baseballs was when they went into the stands. Today, if a ball just grazes the dirt they change balls.

Did you also notice that they didn't wear batting helmets except for the pitchers...guess they thought the pitchers heads were more important.:)

Hope some of you guys got to watch that Larson no hitter tonight. Watching that game reminded me why games today take so long. Batters rarely stepped out of the batters box between pitches...today, it's after every freaken pitch. Secondly, the only time they changed baseballs was when they went into the stands. Today, if a ball just grazes the dirt they change balls.

The reason they change balls was so that the pitcher couldn't use the dirt to scrape the surface of the leather to improve the breaking on the ball. Back then, I think that was still legal -- in fact, some catchers used to scrape the ball against their shin guards or other pads sometimes for the pitcher. None of which is currently legal.

Did you also notice that they didn't wear batting helmets except for the pitchers...guess they thought the pitchers heads were more important.:)

They also didn't wear giant elbow pads on their arms so that they could stand right on top of the friggin' plate back then.

I have some Yogi Berra and Don Larson signed balls if anyone wants to buy one! :P just thought i would throw that out there.. and i think Larson signed some of them W.S. Perfect 56

Archived