Outfielders:

20 Johnny Damon [LF/L]

21 Nick Swisher [OF/S]

22 Xavier Nady [RF/R]

23 Hideki Matsui [DH/L]

24 Brett Gardner [CF/L]

25 Melky Cabrera [CF/S]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I would guess this would be what the opening day roster would look like if we went with the current bunch of guys, but I still see the Yankees signing a starting pitcher and another arm for the bullpen. It's also possible the Yankees deal one of Nady and Swisher. Spring training will also play a big part of who will be at the back end of the bullpen and on the bench. So obviously that is subject to change. I'll update this as things get going.

ROSTER UPDATE:

Lineup:

1 Johnny Damon [LF/L]

2 Derek Jeter [sS/R]

3 Mark Teixeira [1B/S]

4 Alex Rodriguez [3B/R]

5 Hideki Matsui [DH/L]

6 Jorge Posada [C/S]

7 Xavier Nady [RF/R]

8 Robinson Cano [2B/L]

9 Brett Gardner [CF/L]

Bench:

10 Jose Molina [C/R]

11 Nick Swisher [OF-1B/S]

12 Melky Cabrera [CF/S]

13 Cody Ransom [iNF/R]

Rotation:

14 CC Sabathia [LHP]

15 A.J. Burnett [RHP]

16 Chien-Ming Wang [RHP]

17 Andy Pettitte [LHP]

18 Joba Chamberlain [RHP]

Bullpen:

19 Mariano Rivera [RHP]

20 Damaso Marte [LHP]

21 Brian Bruney [RHP]

22 Jose Veras [RHP]

23 Edwar Ramirez [RHP]

24 David Robertson [RHP]

25 Alfredo Aceves [RHP]

The Yankees really have some potential with the guys they have in the pen. Bruney and Veras hopefully they do what they are capable of.

I want Gardner to win the CF job just to watch him run the bases this year. That would be fun.

The thought of Molina being the backup catcher is a nice one as well.

The Yankees really have some potential with the guys they have in the pen. Bruney and Veras hopefully they do what they are capable of.

I want Gardner to win the CF job just to watch him run the bases this year. That would be fun.

The thought of Molina being the backup catcher is a nice one as well.

If one of those guys in the bullpen don't pitch well in spring training, Mark Melancon could very well win a spot out of Spring Training. The same can be said about Humberto Sanchez, also if Phil Coke doesn't work out a starter, he could go back to the bullpen. We have a lot of depth.

Gardner starting?

Melky has proven he can't hack it in CF, I'd give it Gardner, but I'm sure there will be a competition between them in spring training, I hope Gardner wins it. I also wouldn't be surprised if Austin Jackson out performs both of them, but he'll be sent time minor league camp well before the season starts.

ROSTER UPDATE:

Lineup:

1 Johnny Damon [LF/L]

2 Derek Jeter [sS/R]

3 Mark Teixeira [1B/S]

4 Alex Rodriguez [3B/R]

5 Hideki Matsui [DH/L]

6 Jorge Posada [C/S]

7 Xavier Nady [RF/R]

8 Robinson Cano [2B/L]

9 Brett Gardner [CF/L]

Bench:

10 Jose Molina [C/R]

11 Nick Swisher [OF-1B/S]

12 Melky Cabrera [CF/S]

13 Cody Ransom [iNF/R]

Rotation:

14 CC Sabathia [LHP]

15 A.J. Burnett [RHP]

16 Chien-Ming Wang [RHP]

17 Andy Pettitte [LHP]

18 Joba Chamberlain [RHP]

Bullpen:

19 Mariano Rivera [RHP]

20 Damaso Marte [LHP]

21 Brian Bruney [RHP]

22 Jose Veras [RHP]

23 Edwar Ramirez [RHP]

24 David Robertson [RHP]

25 Alfredo Aceves [RHP]

Get another CF and we'll have an automatic championship.

I guess it's just me, but I really like Phil Coke, and I want him in the bullpen. I feel having two good lefties like Coke, and Marte would be good. I think I just want Coke over Robertson. A big problem the Yankees have is a lot of good, young arms in the farm system. I guess thats a good problem to have.

I guess it's just me, but I really like Phil Coke, and I want him in the bullpen. I feel having two good lefties like Coke, and Marte would be good. I think I just want Coke over Robertson. A big problem the Yankees have is a lot of good, young arms in the farm system. I guess thats a good problem to have.

It's not just you, many people like Phil Coke, and I agree, I'd like to see Coke in pen this season, but again, like Joba, he's been a starter, and we do have a surplus of bullpen arms, so why not give him a chance to start. Who knows, maybe he's Andy Pettitte II. That would be nice, wouldn't it?

i say we got room to sign MAnny just to make 100% sure we win the WS

make Swisher the 1st basemen only

Manny-Nady-Damon Gardner, Melky utility

Matsui DH Posada/Molina catchers

i say a fat 2 year deal would land him

Manny would have to play RF in that arrangement and Damon CF.....not happening as the team already is questionable defensively at Catcher(post injury) and SS (another year older and average to begin with) never mind adding CF and RF to the list.

Unless Damon, Nady or Matsui are traded, there really is not a position for Manny on the 09 Yankees unless they feel Damon can play CF again. Besides, Holliday is likely there next long term aquisition/contract and could even happen at the 09 trade deadline if this current line-up struggles.

This team as is today is a decent mixture of stars in ARod and Tex with a bunch of role players backed by a very good on paper pitching staff. Similiar to the model that won 96-2000 and the RedSox WS teams. Let's see if Girardi can guide it.

Archived